36 years, how much longer?

6 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This thread is about breaking the stranglehold of the big 2 at the top.  

That is unequivocally about the distribution of wealth and is absolutely a 'top down' issue.  

It's so blindingly obvious as to not need saying

for anyone else.

In the last decade St Johnstone have won more trophies than any other club bar Celtic Monkey, the only stranglehold is coming from Celtic M8.
Any wealth made comes from many different avenues for each club and or how successful each club is during the season. 

7 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In the last decade St Johnstone have won more trophies than any other club bar Celtic Monkey, the only stranglehold is coming from Celtic M8.
Any wealth made comes from many different avenues for each club and or how successful each club is during the season. 

Not true.  Newco have won the League Scottish Cup & Petrofac 

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Not true.  Newco have won the League Scottish Cup & Petrofac 

St Johnstone have two Scottish cups and a league cup in the time period he has mentioned 

not that it makes any sense to the discussion  or that anyone genuinely thinks St Johnstone are a threat to us or Celtic for the title this season or for foreseeable future on the back of it though. 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Counting not your strong point?

League title - 1

Scottish - 1

Petrofac - 1

Thought he cup meant trophies only and not league titles. If we're counting league titles then Sevco's total goes up too.

His point is, as usual, irrelevant mind.

Edited by DA Baracus

14 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

St Johnstone have two Scottish cups and a league cup in the time period he has mentioned 

not that it makes any sense to the discussion  or that anyone genuinely thinks St Johnstone are a threat to us or Celtic for the title this season or for foreseeable future on the back of it though. 

When Monkey said wealth i'm sure he doesn't mean season tickets or merchandising or player sales just TV and European dosh. 

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thought he cup meant trophies only and not league titles. If we're counting league titles then Sevco's total goes up too.

His point is, as usual, irrelevant mind.

No bother.  Actually only wanted to make the shree to remind everyone of their Petrofac glory. 

19 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

You have 3 also.  Andy Halliday thinks you have 4 mind you.

See the source image

Spoiler

See the source image

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Super Troopers Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

I know.  I know.

I'm proud of none of this.  You're not angry; just disappointed.

I'm actually now desperate for him to reveal that he's been trolling all along and I've fallen for it in a big way.  Sure, I'll look like a bit of a tit, but that's not new.  I could at least chuckle with sheepish relief, that nobody actually thinks like that.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Half of Scotland's population live in just the 14 largest settlements listed here

Perth doesn’t even make it onto the list ^
and yet…

53 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

In the last decade St Johnstone have won more trophies than any other club bar Celtic 

Spoiler

christian bale smiling GIF

carry on.

The thought of shelling out the guts of £100 for an away day to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd is genuinely something that has to be considered these days, rather than just going and doing it, which would've been the case in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always back my club and be a fan but as I've previously mentioned, the last time things were this bad was the early 2000's, at that point I was a naive teenager. Now approaching my 40's I'm beginning to wonder what the point is anymore. Our red shed, the Motherwell Bois, the lads at St J seem to be engaged but I do wonder if we are at a crossroads as far as the game goes. 

ETA 

I was going to go to Perth at the weekend but ScotRail wanting £45 for the train and other factors mean I'm going to go and watch Cove Vs Ayr instead. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

32 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

The thought of shelling out the guts of £100 for an away day to Hibs, Hearts, Dundee Utd is genuinely something that has to be considered these days, rather than just going and doing it, which would've been the case in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I'll always back my club and be a fan but as I've previously mentioned, the last time things were this bad was the early 2000's, at that point I was a naive teenager. Now approaching my 40's I'm beginning to wonder what the point is anymore. Our red shed, the Motherwell Bois, the lads at St J seem to be engaged but I do wonder if we are at a crossroads as far as the game goes. 

ETA 

I was going to go to Perth at the weekend but ScotRail wanting £45 for the train and other factors mean I'm going to go and watch Cove Vs Ayr instead. 

Part of that is just age. Enthusiasm wanes with time to a degree, and the excitement of the day out comes and goes. The yooof will always be a bit more up for it.

But I agree in that I now struggle to justify the cost a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure the number of Hearts games (probably not number of games overall though) I'll be attending will start to drop a bit from here on.

VAR might end up being a big push away for me too. Not keen on that at all.

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Just out of interest and not really any relevance to what is actually being discussed  what do they class as greater Glasgow on that list ?

always assumed that places like Coatbridge , East Kilbride etc would fall into that category to be honest so just wondering how they classify some areas like that as separate but for example Paisley isn’t on the list 

The Greater Glasgow urban area contains all the urban settlements that are contiguous to the city centre. Paisley therefore isn't on the list because 'Paisley' is just a fully absorbed part of Glasgow now. 

EK is not particularly close to being absorbed into Glasgow: Coatbridge is just about distinct at the moment.