36 years, how much longer?

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Only 5 more years until this multi billionaire gets out of jail, buys back Dundee FC and we win the Champions League...

What's the worst that could happen?

I mean, we can continue taking occasional humiliations off utter dross such as Partick Thistle, popping up in the premiership only to get papped back down again or we can hop aboard Giovanni’s European locomotive and steamroll everyone in sight.

Sign me up. 

32 minutes ago, MarbellaDEE said:

I mean, we can continue taking occasional humiliations off utter dross such as Partick Thistle, popping up in the premiership only to get papped back down again or we can hop aboard Giovanni’s European locomotive and steamroll everyone in sight.

Sign me up. 

Di Stefano comes back Im changing teams. 

Ive upmost respect for someone so passionate that he tracked me from my old twitter to phone my work to speak to me about his plans to reinvest in Dundee and transform Scottish football.  Sadly he was jailed soon after.  Sure his company sounded like Internazionale.  Legit star struck min :lol: 

Edited by Hoose Rice

On 08/08/2022 at 12:42, GroundHoppingBear said:

Constant time wasting 8 games a season. In my opinion this ultimately sets clubs up for failure when they make that step in to Europe, they don’t have an effective style to play at that level.

I know I didn't just see a Rangers supporter, whose team's tactics in their run to the Europa League final last season (and the Champions League so far this season) amounted to 'let's get them back to Ibrox and scare the opposition with a loud crowd', just try to call other Scottish clubs tactically naïve in Europe. :lol:

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I know I didn't just see a Rangers supporter, whose team's tactics in their run to the Europa League final last season (and the Champions League so far this season) amounted to 'let's get them back to Ibrox and scare the opposition with a loud crowd', just try to call other Scottish clubs tactically naïve in Europe. :lol:

Is it tactically naive if it has genuinely worked in every single example you have just referenced?

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Is it tactically naive if it has genuinely worked in every single example you have just referenced?

Can't believe I get to invoke this against another Scottish football supporter but...

"Malmö" lol.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Can't believe I get to invoke this against another Scottish football supporter but...

"Malmö" lol.

You never mentioned last seasons champions league qualifier 

you stated last seasons Europa league run and so far this seasons champions league qualifiers

Edited by Forever_blueco

I suppose that's true.

I wasn't trying to say that this 'tactic' of van Bronckhorst's hasn't been devastatingly effective. I'm just questioning whether it might be down to pressuring the referee, assistants and VAR officials into decisions which benefit Rangers, as well as some frankly satanic levels of fortune that have gone your way in that European run.

Just now, HibsFan said:

I suppose that's true.

I wasn't trying to say that this 'tactic' of van Bronckhorst's hasn't been devastatingly effective. I'm just questioning whether it might be down to pressuring the referee, assistants and VAR officials into decisions which benefit Rangers, as well as some frankly satanic levels of fortune that have gone your way in that European run.

It hasn’t been devastatingly effective under van Bronckhorst ?

It has worked every time he has used it and got us to a final mate

how much more effective can it be 🤣 

Just now, Forever_blueco said:

It hasn’t been devastatingly effective under van Bronckhorst ?

It has worked every time he has used it and got us to a final mate

how much more effective can it be 🤣 

Last one from me on this, reading comprehension matters and it's why most people get taught it at age seven.

I was not trying to say that it has not been devastatingly effective.

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Last one from me on this, reading comprehension matters and it's why most people get taught it at age seven.

I was not trying to say that it has not been devastatingly effective.

My bad 

at 7 in Glasgow we were too busy smoking and drinking for such educational matters 

3 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Di Stefano comes back Im changing teams. 

Ive upmost respect for someone so passionate that he tracked me from my old twitter to phone my work to speak to me about his plans to reinvest in Dundee and transform Scottish football.  Sadly he was jailed soon after.  Sure his company sounded like Internazionale.  Legit star struck min :lol: 

😄. I'm sure he was also talking to someone on here over on Twitter too, before he got the jail. Possibly @Bigmouth Strikes Again.

14 minutes ago, Piorek said:

Might not be a perfect solution but how about trying to slightly even things up by sharing all tv and sponsorship money equally. 

Never. Never. Never.

It's a good and realistic idea, that would still allow the OF to have utterly colossal financial advantages.

However, both clubs would act in concert to resist it and they'd have the full support of their fans in doing so.

Despite what they claim, the last thing either would want would be even a very slightly fairer fight.  This is how they want their football to be.  

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Never. Never. Never.

It's a good and realistic idea, that would still allow the OF to have utterly colossal financial advantages.

However, both clubs would act in concert to resist it and they'd have the full support of their fans in doing so.

Despite what they claim, the last thing either would want would be even a very slightly fairer fight.  This is how they want their football to be.  

Correct