36 years, how much longer?

On 24/07/2022 at 22:04, RossBFaeDundee said:

If this Hearts team had been playing against Pedro's Rangers and Deila's/Lennon's Celtic, I reckon they would've had an outside shot. Both cheeks are currently at their strongest in roughly a decade or so though, so it's definitely not happening anytime soon. It's frustrating that Aberdeen only got a decent attempt together in 17/18 when Rangers were already back in the league, had they managed it earlier they could've properly had a crack at Celtic I think.

Eventually the law of averages will have both clubs making bad appointments, bad signings and struggling with their fanbases again. If these instances happen at the same time for both clubs, and another club (likely only Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen) gets it completely right (which 2 of those 3 are clearly not doing these days) then again, there's an outside shot. It'll take everything going right though, so it'll probably take a good couple decades. It'll happen though, I believe it... as long as it's not fucking United, I'd celebrate it.

You dislike the cheeks less than you dislike United? If it were Morton I wouldn’t bat an eyelid and wish them luck, can’t stand the cheeks more than the ‘ton. 

3 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Watching us lose play off finals to Motherwell and Scottish cup finals to Hibs was mundane for the rest of Scottish football  ? Probably two of the most viewed match day threads on this site 

Every single time the new version of Rangers fails to win a game it’s a victory for humanity. 
Hopefully another pumping tonight to follow last weeks.

57 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

So basically the same number as St Johnstone but they have spent less in 10seasons than you spend in one?

That’s a superb record for such financial outlay!

Seriously. Joking aside. I hope you get pumped out ideally with a last minute OG, penalty or VAR awarded goal. 

It’s a nice night for some Belgian lager. 

Santé!

St Johnstone won three. They won the Scottish Cup in 2014 too.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Your tribute club had the second largest budget in each of the ten seasons since  you were formed in 2012 and so far have only won one major domestic honour.

St Johnstone with a tiny fraction of your budget managed to win a cup double in 2020.

Hope you get duly pumped out of Europe tonight.

Let’s not forget that Gerrard won Manager of the Year that season, which just goes to show how impressive winning the league was with only the second largest budget in the country. 

Surely that's all relative though. You have no idea as an Aberdeen fan what its like to support a shite team like say Morton or East Stirling. Fans of those clubs would consider Aberdeen a vastly more successful club. 
On the topic of Non-OF clubs winning the league, its quite simple really. US Style play-offs is the way forward. You can set it up to guarantee at least 4 OF games a season as well as ensuring a max of one OF club playing in the Final. No-one would want it though

I’m sorry but that sounds sh*te. If we finished 4th, 30 points behind Celtic and somehow managed to fluke a playoff against them then it certainly wouldn’t feel like a league win.

11 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I’m sorry but that sounds sh*te. If we finished 4th, 30 points behind Celtic and somehow managed to fluke a playoff against them then it certainly wouldn’t feel like a league win.

Sounds alright to me to be honest.

Never, ever going to happen though obviously.

5 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Folk said similar about the promotion/relegation play-offs in England when they first started.

The choice is a fundamental change to accommodate the imbalance, just accepting that league titles and Champions League football are for two teams only, or waiting for an oligarch to spunk away silly money on a Scottish club for fun. Which, frankly, wouldn't be a whole lot better than the current duopoly (although it would be amusing).

8 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Well that is a title race summed up 

do you think if Liverpool score a last minute winner at Brighton they are celebrating because they have managed to get a scalp against Brighton Albion or because they have managed to keep within distance of City ?

Brighton Albion!

Everyone, he said "Brighton Albion" .

6 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Being called a glory hunter 

people are aware of what the bulk of the  last ten years of following Rangers looked like aren’t they 🤣

Yes, perfectly aware.

Rangers have won the vast, vast majority of their matches over this period.

Obviously, that's not remotely impressive in terms of their relative resources, but it wasn't beforehand and isn't now either.

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

So basically the same number as St Johnstone but they have spent less in 10seasons than you spend in one?

Seriously. Joking aside. I hope you get pumped out ideally with a last minute OG, penalty or VAR awarded goal. 

Santé!

Hope your night was as good as mine pal 🍻

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, perfectly aware.

Rangers have won the vast, vast majority of their matches over this period.

Obviously, that's not remotely impressive in terms of their relative resources, but it wasn't beforehand and isn't now either.

Sorry mate was too busy boringly watching my team in Europe when you posted 😉

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Santé!

Santé!