36 years, how much longer?

27 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Being called a glory hunter 

people are aware of what the bulk of the  last ten years of following Rangers looked like aren’t they 🤣

Anyway can quite happily say I have probably been in more Scottish stadiums the last ten years than many in the forum will manage in their lifetime . Have been there for Brechin , getting beat of manager-less Stirling , chucking two goal leads to Alloa etc all the way to being in the stadium again for a European final. 

It’s been horrific , fantastic , soul destroying and everything good and bad in between. But it has never been boring and mundane. 

I’m sorry, but this post highlights just how out of touch OF fans are. I’m not sure if that’s what you were going for. 

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m sorry, but this post highlights just how out of touch OF fans are. I’m not sure if that’s what you were going for. 

I am not an OF fan . I am a Rangers fan . People seem to be inclining that supporting Rangers is a mundane and boring experience . I have just gave countless examples of reasons both good and bad why it has been nowhere near either and as we all know the whole saga has been well discussed and documented.

If it was all so boring it wouldn’t have led to multiple massive threads dedicated to both the on field and off field goings on at the club in the time period on this very forum 

Edited by Forever_blueco

28 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Watching us lose play off finals to Motherwell and Scottish cup finals to Hibs was mundane for the rest of Scottish football  ? Probably two of the most viewed match day threads on this site 

They were a bit down on the '411 users' from that glory night in Alloa.

31 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I am not an OF fan . I am a Rangers fan . People seem to be inclining that supporting Rangers is a mundane and boring experience . I have just gave countless examples of reasons both good and bad why it has been nowhere near either and as we all know the whole saga has been well discussed and documented.

If it was all so boring it wouldn’t have led to multiple massive threads dedicated to both the on field and off field goings on at the club in the time period on this very forum 

You’re confusing different things here. People are talking about the boring nature of turning up week in, week out knowing that you are more than 90% likely to win. You’ve actually proved this point by saying how much you’ve enjoyed the rollercoaster of the last 10 years. Success in football is far more enjoyable when you’ve been through the shite. And even in all that, you’ve still no real idea what it’s really like to support a shite team relative to Scotland. 

Other teams beating rangers and rangers dying wasn’t boring though mate, no one has suggested that once. It was so good I’d do it all over again. 

43 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You’re confusing different things here. People are talking about the boring nature of turning up week in, week out knowing that you are more than 90% likely to win. You’ve actually proved this point by saying how much you’ve enjoyed the rollercoaster of the last 10 years. Success in football is far more enjoyable when you’ve been through the shite. And even in all that, you’ve still no real idea what it’s really like to support a shite team relative to Scotland. 

I am not sure what you want me or Celtic fans to do regarding this . I was born and brought up in Glasgow and Rangers are my team because my family are also all Rangers fans . The fact that history conspired to make us the two biggest clubs in the country before I was even born is not really something I could have had an impact on or decision on .  I personally have stuck through the good and the bad and if as you say it went bad again like yourself I would also be there again to witness it all again. 

I mean what is classified by yourself as shite in relation to Scottish football ?As an Aberdeen fan who has never been relegated or in the lower leagues do you have genuine experience of this in comparison to a Dundee fan ? Or a Partick Thistle fan ? Etc etc 

Edited by Forever_blueco

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

And even in all that, you’ve still no real idea what it’s really like to support a shite team relative to Scotland. 

Surely that's all relative though. You have no idea as an Aberdeen fan what its like to support a shite team like say Morton or East Stirling. Fans of those clubs would consider Aberdeen a vastly more successful club. 

On the topic of Non-OF clubs winning the league, its quite simple really. US Style play-offs is the way forward. You can set it up to guarantee at least 4 OF games a season as well as ensuring a max of one OF club playing in the Final. No-one would want it though

8 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Surely that's all relative though. You have no idea as an Aberdeen fan what its like to support a shite team like say Morton or East Stirling. Fans of those clubs would consider Aberdeen a vastly more successful club. 

On the topic of Non-OF clubs winning the league, its quite simple really. US Style play-offs is the way forward. You can set it up to guarantee at least 4 OF games a season as well as ensuring a max of one OF club playing in the Final. No-one would want it though

I've been thinking that for a while. Really not keen on the idea of a team emerging victorious after playing thirty-odd matches, only for someone else to be declared champions, but it's the only way you're going to get any kind of competition for the title with such ludicrous disparity in resources.

I think the split's also made me less hard-line on measures like that too. The idea used to be that teams would all play each other once or twice home and away, but there's an unevenness to the top division now that additional futtering about doesn't seem to matter as much.

Celtgers would never, ever, ever, ever allow any risk of their stranglehold on the title (and Champions League money) to be broken, even if the monotony grinds the game into irrelevance, and Aberdeen mystifyingly made sure they'd keep their veto, so it's pie-in-the-sky stuff anyway.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've been thinking that for a while. Really not keen on the idea of a team emerging victorious after playing thirty-odd matches, only for someone else to be declared champions, but it's the only way you're going to get any kind of competition for the title with such ludicrous disparity in resources.

I think the split's also made me less hard-line on measures like that too. The idea used to be that teams would all play each other once or twice home and away, but there's an unevenness to the top division now that additional futtering about doesn't seem to matter as much.

Celtgers would never, ever, ever, ever allow any risk of their stranglehold on the title (and Champions League money) to be broken, even if the monotony grinds the game into irrelevance, and Aberdeen mystifyingly made sure they'd keep their veto, so it's pie-in-the-sky stuff anyway.

This idea that us and Celtic wouldn’t want anyone else to win the title . As a Rangers fan I can quite confidently say that if we aren’t going to win the league I would quite happily watch absolutely anyone else win the title other than Celtic .

Even begrudgingly they c***s from Aberdeen 

35 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I am not sure what you want me or Celtic fans to do regarding this . I was born and brought up in Glasgow and Rangers are my team because my family are also all Rangers fans . The fact that history conspired to make us the two biggest clubs in the country before I was even born is not really something I could have had an impact on or decision on .  I personally have stuck through the good and the bad and if as you say it went bad again like yourself I would also be there again to witness it all again. 

I mean what is classified by yourself as shite in relation to Scottish football ?As an Aberdeen fan who has never been relegated or in the lower leagues do you have genuine experience of this in comparison to a Dundee fan ? Or a Partick Thistle fan ? Etc etc 

You are an adult make your own decisions. Your family being Rangers fans is not an excuse.

I can see as a yongster a parent or family member takes you along and you don't know any better. There comes a time though you can make your own decisions and say this bigoted shite is not for me. You decided not to

15 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

You are an adult make your own decisions. Your family being Rangers fans is not an excuse.

I can see as a yongster a parent or family member takes you along and you don't know any better. There comes a time though you can make your own decisions and say this bigoted shite is not for me. You decided not to

It’s the classic excuse for highland OF fans. ‘My dad and grandad support them’. 

Your dad and grandad who are born and bred invernessians themselves. They maybe have an excuse as The Caley and County weren’t in the league when they were kids. Have you you not got a mind of your own to choose another team? A team that represents the town you’re from and can go and see every second Saturday.

2 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Watching us lose play off finals to Motherwell and Scottish cup finals to Hibs was mundane for the rest of Scottish football  ? Probably two of the most viewed match day threads on this site 

Your tribute club had the second largest budget in each of the ten seasons since  you were formed in 2012 and so far have only won one major domestic honour.

St Johnstone with a tiny fraction of your budget managed to win a cup double in 2020.

Hope you get duly pumped out of Europe tonight.

8 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Your tribute club had the second largest budget in each of the ten seasons since  you were formed in 2012 and so far have only won one major domestic honour.

St Johnstone with a tiny fraction of your budget managed to win a cup double in 2020.

Hope you get duly pumped out of Europe tonight.

2 honours mate 

and thanks for your kind wishes 

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

2 honours mate 

and thanks for your kind wishes 

So basically the same number as St Johnstone but they have spent less in 10seasons than you spend in one?

That’s a superb record for such financial outlay!

Seriously. Joking aside. I hope you get pumped out ideally with a last minute OG, penalty or VAR awarded goal. 

It’s a nice night for some Belgian lager. 

Santé!

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

So basically the same number as St Johnstone but they have spent less in 10seasons than you spend in one?

That’s a superb record for such financial outlay!

Seriously. Joking aside. I hope you get pumped out ideally with a last minute OG, penalty or VAR awarded goal. 

It’s a nice night for some Belgian lager. 

Santé!

Enjoy yer night mate