36 years, how much longer?

I don’t have the stats to hand but I’m assuming it’s an aberration for just one of them to fall below 80 points a season (Celtic under Lennon, newly promoted rangers come to mind) never mind both of them. 

The probability of one Diddy side elevating themselves to mid to high 70’s in points and both Of them being so inconsistent to fall below 80 is really bleak. 

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I remember when Chelsea used to skitter around between the top two divisions.

Then early this century, they started trying really hard.

Surprised more teams haven't tried this. Such an easy tactic.

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Where does all the extra income come from for these clubs to be able to challenge for the title? 

Well if only all diddy clubs supporters gave up Netflix subscriptions and Starbucks Lattes they would be challenging for the title and entering the Champions League on a regular basis.

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I remember when Chelsea used to skitter around between the top two divisions.

Then early this century, they started trying really hard.

I seem to remember Man City in the lower leagues on a regular basis.

Newcastle have not won a major domestic trophy since the FA cup in 1955 and the top league since 1927.

Surely they need to try a bit harder and show some ambition through positive mental attitude, yoga and mindfulness.

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

They certainly could against 4 clubs in the league. Probably hurts for you to read that.

When they played Rangers at Murrayfield during the Tynecastle redevelopment they only had 18k fans of their own, with 14k **** in a crowd of 32k.

But aye, they'd sell out 30k against Aberdeen etc. No bother.

Edited by Fraser Fyvie

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are welcome to believe that if you really want to.

They clearly aren't.

Seriously, read some of the comments from guys like the Aberdeen kid from a few years back who went to England and couldn't believe the extra work he was expected to put in compared to what Aberdeen were expecting from him. I remember him talking about having to kick the ball about under the stands at Pittodrie to get extra practice in on his own.

You can all have a go at me all you like but the fact is that players and clubs up here either don't want success badly enough, don't believe they can be successful or are not prepared to make the sacrifices to become successful. It's not brain science.

Oh, I agree the Scottish game is littered with players who were ‘wasters’, or enjoyed the beer culture, or didn’t stay behind two hours after training to work on their skills like a Ronaldo. There will also be clubs who have coaching and fitness programmes that aren’t as top drawer as clubs in other countries’ top flights. Not disagreeing with you on that angle.

Still waiting for you to answer how a Scottish non-OF club, even if their squad stayed behind three hours every day and only ate quinoa and avocado toasties, can challenge the ‘OF’ in no time at all. They can’t. This isn‘t England, where behind Man City and Liverpool, there’s Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs, and shortly, Newcastle. Never mind a West Ham playing to 50k.

It’s a really, really simple question. Tell us how, in Scotland, any club can challenge the ‘OF’ in no time at all. It needs an entire squad of better, or equal, players to theirs. It could be argued it also needs a diddy club to have 52,000 screaming at the referees rather than the other way around, and stuff like that.

Go on, when Aberdeen and Hearts are our best bet, and they finished about a hundred points behind both of them, how do you propose the ‘OF’ are challenged. The forum are all ears. Well, they aren’t really, they think you’re talking shite and enjoying the bites, but let’s pretend. 😊

The funniest thing in all of this is OF fans pretending they'd welcome some sort of competition from anyone else. Just had a look back at the match report from one of the games that hurts most from the McInnes era: when we got beaten 4-0 at Parkhead in early March 2014.

We had been absolutely flying in the league (I think it gets forgotten just how good we were in his first 4 seasons), unbeaten in 12 games with 10 wins and 10 clean sheets. A win would have taken us level on points at the top of the league. It was a genuinely big game. The attendance?

They don't want a competitive league and wouldn't be interested if there was one 

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

10 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You never attend any games home or away. You are not a member of SMiSA the fan owners. You are not a shareholder. You are not a Season ticket holder. Even though you have retired early after selling your business you still can’t afford to support St Mirren in any way financially. 

Even during the Covid season when St Mirren were appealing for supporters to buy a season ticket or games via PPV you refused to dip into your pocket and support the club. 

You bragged at the time on Divs other site BAWA that you would rather watch games for free on Hesgoal. I think someone once described you as “Hesgoal Harry”. I prefer Wokesoft.

You are not what I class as a “supporter” of St Mirren FC.

So, as I said earlier, he’s a current bun.

Teams outwith the old firm are competing with league1/2 and sometimes even National league teams for players. Motherwell get players deemed not good enough for Salford. Occasionally you can pick up a Louis Moult from Wrexham who turns out to be a bit of a gem but these finds are extremely rare and you have to sieve through a lot of dross to get lucky sometimes. But if a club like Motherwell were finding these guys on a regular basis then that would indicate they have a fantastic scout spotting these guys. This scout would be poached by the OF or a bigger club down south and they'd have to start again.

The OF are buying players from Spurs, Benfica and Bayern Munich for millions of pounds, even if these guys don't turn out to be a huge success they are a much higher standard than a guy released from Northampton that Ross County have picked up to compete against them.

Equally if Hearts were producing a stream of top youth players, making them stronger on the park and making them a pretty penny at the same time. The OF would be asking questions about the Hearts youth coaches and youth scouts, again these people would be poached.

The so called lesser clubs have to be doing things to a much higher standard than the OF to bridge the gap and have to do that on a fraction of their budget. It is impossible to sustain because the people doing these roles would leave as they would want their market value.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, you see it every time either team score a late winner against anyone other than Rangers/Celtic.  They're not delighted they've beaten County/Livi/St Mirren, it's because they've won and it means the other can't pull away from them in the league.

Well that is a title race summed up 

do you think if Liverpool score a last minute winner at Brighton they are celebrating because they have managed to get a scalp against Brighton Albion or because they have managed to keep within distance of City ?

We were mocked for “over celebrating” a last minute winner against thistle a few years ago that meant absolutely nothing in context of league positions considering we finished about 30 odd points behind Celtic and around 9 behind Aberdeen with a few games to go 🤣 

Edited by Forever_blueco