36 years, how much longer?

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Gordon Strachan must be quite pleased now that the top division is back in its' rightful order - all the big clubs present, and Dundee absolutely nowhere near. As God intended.

Correct.

The "engineering" he called for must have worked.

26 minutes ago, ahemps said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61969416

BBC agreeing that the SPFL is pass the title between the OF.

And a Leicester equivalent scenario is complete fantasy.

“The Scottish Premiership is box office in more ways than one - mainly just for the sheer daftness of it.”

Oh do f**k off bbc Scotland. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

“The Scottish Premiership is box office in more ways than one - mainly just for the sheer daftness of it.”

In the same school of cringe  as these bbc Scotland “comedy” actors with their middle class accents who throw in the most forced and unnatural “pure dead brilliant” or “pure radge by the way” into one of their sketches 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I like it as a piece overall though.

Recognition that it's totally skewed financially, which is why they always win.  Infinitely preferable to an article imploring us to speculate as to which flavour wins this time.

24 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I like it as a piece overall though.

Recognition that it's totally skewed financially, which is why they always win.  Infinitely preferable to an article imploring us to speculate as to which flavour wins this time.

You realise this quaint little “whit are we like?” Piece is just a pre cursor for their serious title race analysis which will closely follow? 

32 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You realise this quaint little “whit are we like?” Piece is just a pre cursor for their serious title race analysis which will closely follow? 

Aye...

'Ocht...isn't it pure mental, but, by de way big maaaan....now...oan wi' the erse-lickin' so it izzzz...'

41 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Perhaps, but I welcome anything which recognises that the current situation represents a problem.

That's rare.

I also like that it knows we're stuck with this shit, unless there is serious structural change. 

Yes, it could probably cope without the 'pure dead mental' bit, but I don't think that's the focus of the article at all.  It is light hearted in tone, but it's only "quaint" in that its truth telling is more unusual than it should be.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Perhaps, but I welcome anything which recognises that the current situation represents a problem.

That's rare.

Call me a cynic but I didn’t think they really saw it as a problem, just a funny wee quirk of our game. 

17 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's rare.

I also like that it knows we're stuck with this shit, unless there is serious structural change. 

Yes, it could probably cope without the 'pure dead mental' bit, but I don't think that's the focus of the article at all.  It is light hearted in tone, but it's only "quaint" in that its truth telling is more unusual than it should be.

My fear is that somewhere within BBC Sport Scotland Nick McPeat is getting strips torn off him for daring to insinuate that Celgers or Rantic winning the league isn't a result of their overarching brilliance and astonishing ability of such godlike managers as Gerard & Postegoclu.

SLAP

It's their better football knowledge McPeat!

SLAP

They simply want it more!

SLAP

Got that McPeat? It's their football knowledge and they want to win more!

SLAP

And will you please stop slapping me!

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

On 27/07/2022 at 12:24, ahemps said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61969416

BBC agreeing that the SPFL is pass the title between the OF.

And a Leicester equivalent scenario is complete fantasy.

This paragraph in an actual BBC article about Scottish fitba. yXAbrOQ.png

So let's stir the pot. Do we have any old school wrestling fans here? Think back to the first WWF draft in 2002, when every wrestler from the roster was thrown into the mix and Vince McMahon stood at the top of the ramp and brazenly announced The Rock would move from Raw to SmackDown.

On 26/07/2022 at 10:08, Monkey Tennis said:

Not tainted.

Merely hollow.

Everything both clubs ever win, is.

Although the Europa League last season, had Rangers won it*, would've been a very meaningful win. And you can tell the difference between their utterly forced "yaassss we beat ra t*igs/h*ns to another title!" rhetoric and their unbridled joy of winning and going far in tournaments they're not favourites to win.

*But they didn't, get it right fucking up them.

Edited by HibsFan

Putting aside aspirations for Motherwell, the best I hope for just now is for one of the city clubs to get their shit together and still be within touching distance after Christmas.

I hoped with the squad investment of United, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen we might see one of them show enough consistency to do so, but that's kinda gone to shit already hasn't it? 

15 minutes ago, CoF said:

Putting aside aspirations for Motherwell, the best I hope for just now is for one of the city clubs to get their shit together and still be within touching distance after Christmas.

I hoped with the squad investment of United, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen we might see one of them show enough consistency to do so, but that's kinda gone to shit already hasn't it? 

Have you not read the rest of the thread? 

40 minutes ago, CoF said:

😀

I hoped I might win the lottery last week.