Ayr v Arbroath

29 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

If we don't bring in an attacking minded midfielder before Saturday we should give JLM a shout at number 10 it can't be worse that the no playmaker we have had in the League Cup

f8c2bdc85c93019d8cd8412fd7a1ad4b.jpg

This is pretty much the team I’d go with , with perhaps the exception of a new signing replacing O’Conner . Im fairly upbeat about the game this week, no disrespect to Arbroath but I’d rather be playing them than any other team in the league . You know exactly what they bring , organised , hard working , they’ll hound you and press you for 90 mins . That has to be matched which I’m sure this Ayr side can do . Having said that we can’t gift a team like Arbroath our now famous QoS clown shoes compilation. That and we have to convert two or three of our chances . 

26 minutes ago, Shug1910 said:

Quick question, how do I go about getting my e-ticket for the game when I have bought a season ticket (don’t have a physical copy of the season ticket)? Do I use my Membership ID or? 

@Finlay21 Will clarify but I think there is a copy of the QR code in your dashboard online where you bought the ticket. 

35 minutes ago, Shug1910 said:

Quick question, how do I go about getting my e-ticket for the game when I have bought a season ticket (don’t have a physical copy of the season ticket)? Do I use my Membership ID or? 

You can pick up your season on Saturday ( or before) in shop , if you PM me I can send you a link to open your ticket on your phone 

Saturday will be a difficult one for Bullen, does he continue with Dipo and hope he finally scores or does he drop him, play McKenzie in his natural position or bring Bryden in. 

Dropping Dipo might cause further issues with his confidence, or look like and admission of failure before the league kicks off. Continuing to play him could be a disaster if he continues to hit powderpuff efforts at the keepers torso for another few games. 

Crawford and Forrest were flung in under Roberts purely because the rest of the "seasoned" pro's we had at the club were shite, The playing time was a good grounding for them in the end. With that in mind, I would possibly play Dipo and Bryden up front as a 2, with O'Conner behind them and give that a go. Play Murdoch, Dempsey and Hewitt in the middle. 

I think Albinson was the better performer of the two in the league cup so it'll be interesting if he reverts to McAdams on Saturday. 

A goal from Dipo in the first 15 minutes on Saturday would do everyone the world of good, assuming we aren't 3 down by then. 

I think the best we will get on Saturday is a draw. 

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Saturday will be a difficult one for Bullen, does he continue with Dipo and hope he finally scores or does he drop him, play McKenzie in his natural position or bring Bryden in. 

You've alluded to it in your post but he's absolutely not dropping his brand new centre forward for the first game of the season - that's just not on the agenda and sends a terrible message. 

Whilst I'm talking about sending messages, I would be playing Albinson on Saturday as I think McAdams chucked it after the win at RP and thinks his work here is done. 

I reckon he'll go with this on Saturday:

McAdams

Houston Musonda McGinty Reading

Dempsey Murdoch

Ashford JML O'Connor

Dipo

Personally I would like to see:

Albinson

Hewitt* Musonda Kirk Reading

JML Dempsey Murdoch O'Connor

Dipo Bryden

*Hewitt being right back is probably not happening considering he never got a shot there in pre season.

Should be a plucky 0-0 so long as Arbroath don't hit upon the cunning plan of kicking the ball in the direction of the home defence.

Rousing chants of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOllen! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOllen! to be directed at the home bench from about the 25 minute mark.