Ayr v Arbroath

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The league season is back baby 

Excited for a good bevy and hopefully a good result, which we really struggled for last year v Ayr

Same team that started yesterday please 

No sure if Goldie will be fit if not, Jacobs or Craigen comes in

20 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Ayr supporters., is the new social club beside the ground decent? 

Aye, hopefully a good day and you can get out in the beer garden. Will be busy, not in early enough it’s a 1 in 1 out scenario. 

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

No idea what to expect from this will Arbroath be able to carry on last season's form? Has Bullen been using the league cup as an experiment and it will all come together on Saturday at 3pm who knows.

People keep saying this but it’s near on impossible to do that. To only lose 5 league games all season is an incredible achievement. That’s a Celtic / Rangers level of losses over a season. So we definitely will not but I see no reason why we can’t have another good (or a bad one) season I don’t think there’s too much between any of the sides.

I also think second half of last season Kilmarnock were a better team than the Dundee one coming into the league this year so although I would make them favourites for the title I think in the one off games against them every side will fancy themselves to get a result. 

I suspect our team on Saturday will be 

Gaston

Thomson

Little

ToB

Hamilton

Stewart

Low

Jacobs

Linn

McKenna

Shanks

Jacobs and Shanks are really the only difference between last year and this.

Can’t help but feel that Arbroath will rip us apart unless we wisen up. I’d be keeping the team mainly the same from the St Johnstone game but bring Albinson and Dempsey in for McAdams and Ashford. Go to a 4-3-3 and see if we can push Smith forward a wee bit. I think he is naturally box to box but I think he can add something going forward that our other midfielders don’t. Taking a striker out the team might look negative but realistically Ashford isn’t a real goal threat. There’s an argument to putting Bryden in and keeping the 4-4-2 but I think Arbroath would run over the top of us in midfield playing that way.

I think we'll lose. 

I can see us having a lot of the ball but not turning it into much. Whereas Arbroath will take a couple and head up the road with 3 points. 

Ayr 0-2 Arbroath

I missed the two home cup games so I'm just excited to get back to San Somerset. Wouldn't be surprised to see that turn to misery before we hit the 20 minute mark.

After experimenting in the round of league fixtures, Bullen now knows his ideal formation and starting line up. 

Dipo who was instructed to keep a lid on his talents during these games will finally be unleashed on Scottish defences and will start on Saturday by lethally putting Arbroath to the sword with at least 4 goals. 

Ayr United 0 Arbroath 3 

If we don’t get at least an attacking central midfielder before this game, then it is an utter shambles. 

McAdams 

Hewitt         Kirk         Musonda       Reading 

Murdoch  Dempsey 

New Signing 

Ashford                                           JML

Dipo

I have only seen our first game through a shite stream, so not entirely sure with some of this - JML or O’Connor etc.