Tranent Juniors 22/23

Halfwit8

30 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Spin this one Tranent, living within our means, not getting bankrolled in any shape or form blah blah.

James Keatings, signing for Tranent for the love of the club I’m sure, no wait a minute he’s Glaswegian, but did once break down in Tranent on the way to the Hibs Training Centre.

Away and kiss Donald's arse and dinnae let the door hit it on the way oot.

57 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Spin this one Tranent, living within our means, not getting bankrolled in any shape or form blah blah.

James Keatings, signing for Tranent for the love of the club I’m sure, no wait a minute he’s Glaswegian, but did once break down in Tranent on the way to the Hibs Training Centre.

Cowdenbeat, were really no fussy on what you think or make up, as long as it makes you happy!!

We at the TJ's are just enjoying our journey.😊 

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Does your phone ping whenever someone talks about us? Deary me. He's been at Forfar and not exactly played a lot of football lately. As potentially strong a signing it is on paper given the guy's previous career, you're making out like someone's dropped down several leagues at the peak of their game as a sly dig at our (obvious) endless tycoon treasure chest. I hope your own team becomes a priority in your train of thought again at some point 👍

On 19/01/2023 at 19:45, cowdenbeath said:

James Keating?

If he plays more than 15 minutes for Tranent then he’s doubled his playing time for the season. We were quite hopeful for him at Forfar but it was an unmitigated disaster. I wish him well though, if he can somehow avoid injury he’ll be great for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was at the game today.  The Ref was clearly Rangers supporter.  Red cards to TJs players were beyond joke.  They were just playing hard as usual.  The Ref ignored most fouls by Rangers though.  Hopefully TJs club will appeal the red cards to SFA.  I have written to SFA years ago.  Of course they did not reply to me, so I am not going to waste my time to write to them....

• 2 months later...
33 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Any Tranent fans care to comment on Colin Nish leaving the club?

Seems like a huge surprise to an outsider, but sometimes when you are closer to the situation it’s not always the case.

I know that not many Tranent Juniors' supporters look at this site, but I just wanted to express my anger.  Tranent Juniors finished in a very good position in the Lowland League.  (Once became top of the league.)  However, the chairman decided he is not renewing my legend, Nishy' s contract as the manager.  I really cannot understand what the chairman is thinking and am so angry!!!

21 minutes ago, Rie said:

I know that not many Tranent Juniors' supporters look at this site, but I just wanted to express my anger.  Tranent Juniors finished in a very good position in the Lowland League.  (Once became top of the league.)  However, the chairman decided he is not renewing my legend, Nishy' s contract as the manager.  I really cannot understand what the chairman is thinking and am so angry!!!

Poor Rie. Sorry sweetie. You will always be welcomed back to the Cowden fold.

Edited by ronaldincoo

19 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Poor Rie. Sorry sweetie. You will always be welcomed back to the Cowden fold.

Thank you.  Cowdenbeath is a good club (I liked the wee shop sells shirts and other stuff) and has really good supporters but I would like to support a club whereever Nishy goes.  I will be back to Central Park if Nishy goes back to Cowdenbeath to manage!

44 minutes ago, Rie said:

Thank you.  Cowdenbeath is a good club (I liked the wee shop sells shirts and other stuff) and has really good supporters but I would like to support a club whereever Nishy goes.  I will be back to Central Park if Nishy goes back to Cowdenbeath to manage!

That won’t happen is Calum Elliot not the manager there now ? 

28 minutes ago, BigTlass said:

That won’t happen is Calum Elliot not the manager there now ? 

Anyway, I am changing a club to support whenever Nishy goes.  I do not like travelling but I have travelled even to England before...

On 07/05/2023 at 19:38, Cowdenleith said:

Any Tranent fans care to comment on Colin Nish leaving the club?

Seems like a huge surprise to an outsider, but sometimes when you are closer to the situation it’s not always the case.

I'm sure whoever comes in is gearing up to be our sixth manager in under five years, for the context of how regularly we seem to go through them. I'm not party to any insider info at the club, so not sure where and why the decision has been taken or what it's based on. Rumours will bounce about the place of the usual. 

My only guesses (and maybe being a bit harsh with some conclusions) is the fact we ended up with only two points from a possible 15 in our last five league games when trying to keep pace for the playoff places - coupled with the fact that the football we're playing has dipped a lot in the back end of this season and some of the team selections have been questionable. Some of the recruits that have been brought in under Colin Nish have been hit or miss as well.

Can only surmise that after Calum Elliot resigned, the board were looking for somebody who, with the backing they'll get to take the club forward, would take the next step quickly and more convincingly than we have this year. We can't be disappointed with where we've finished, but I can see why some would be disappointed at how we've finished there. All that said, a 5th place finish in that league is hard to improve on for any incoming Tranent manager, but I think this decision could potentially have been tipped by an air of desperation to get out of the Lowland League as quickly as possible. If that's the be all and end all, we can't chance the next appointment or the Summer's recruitment. There are a lot of well-suited, experienced names at that level that might be available.

13 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

I'm sure whoever comes in is gearing up to be our sixth manager in under five years, for the context of how regularly we seem to go through them. I'm not party to any insider info at the club, so not sure where and why the decision has been taken or what it's based on. Rumours will bounce about the place of the usual. 

My only guesses (and maybe being a bit harsh with some conclusions) is the fact we ended up with only two points from a possible 15 in our last five league games when trying to keep pace for the playoff places - coupled with the fact that the football we're playing has dipped a lot in the back end of this season and some of the team selections have been questionable. Some of the recruits that have been brought in under Colin Nish have been hit or miss as well.

Can only surmise that after Calum Elliot resigned, the board were looking for somebody who, with the backing they'll get to take the club forward, would take the next step quickly and more convincingly than we have this year. We can't be disappointed with where we've finished, but I can see why some would be disappointed at how we've finished there. All that said, a 5th place finish in that league is hard to improve on for any incoming Tranent manager, but I think this decision could potentially have been tipped by an air of desperation to get out of the Lowland League as quickly as possible. If that's the be all and end all, we can't chance the next appointment or the Summer's recruitment. There are a lot of well-suited, experienced names at that level that might be available.

Are the people putting the money into Tranent really targeting League 2 football?

As an outsider looking in, a lot of work needs to happen at Forresters Park to bring it upto standard for that level first. New Dundas Park was severely lacking in certain areas, but unless there's been significant improvement since, Forresters needs a lot more attention.

22 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Are the people putting the money into Tranent really targeting League 2 football?

As an outsider looking in, a lot of work needs to happen at Forresters Park to bring it upto standard for that level first. New Dundas Park was severely lacking in certain areas, but unless there's been significant improvement since, Forresters needs a lot more attention.

Depends when you're talking from. There's been significant improvements at the ground over the last few years.