Tranent Juniors 22/23

Halfwit8

18 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Got myself down to Forresters Park this evening... my first Lowland League match for a wee while!

Tranent Juniors 8-0 winners over Edinburgh Uni! Not the hard fought, close encounter I’d hoped!

By the end it was a bit of a training match for Tranent... and the score was only really kept down by them being a bit wasteful! 

Uni started quite well, but extra pace, strength and quality of Tranent had them 2 up at half time. A 3rd goal about 20 seconds into the 2nd half completely killed off the Uni side... and at one stage the goals were coming so quick, the announcer couldn’t keep up!

Comfortable evening for Tranent who can tick off this one as “job done” with the 3 points never really in doubt.

It was funny that Edi Uni manager was swearing without any rest for 90 minutes.  Just 'F.....' for 90 min.

33 minutes ago, Rie said:

It was funny that Edi Uni manager was swearing without any rest for 90 minutes.  Just 'F.....' for 90 min.

Oh I'd be tempted to watch them again if they guaranteed a similar show from him! I was standing right by their bench and he was tremendous value entertainment!

• 3 weeks later...

Satisfying result in a pretty grim encounter. Heavy rain and plastic pitches don't make for an easy game on the eye. Ref and officials had an absolute nightmare of a game. Can't fault Caley Braves, the few involved we spoke to seemed dead nice and welcoming. Some of our supporters seriously need to wind it in with the swearing and abuse. There's a point it just becomes OTT when there's kids about. Our young boys have been called out for less.

On 14/01/2023 at 18:15, Omnishambles said:

Satisfying result in a pretty grim encounter. Heavy rain and plastic pitches don't make for an easy game on the eye. Ref and officials had an absolute nightmare of a game. Can't fault Caley Braves, the few involved we spoke to seemed dead nice and welcoming. Some of our supporters seriously need to wind it in with the swearing and abuse. There's a point it just becomes OTT when there's kids about. Our young boys have been called out for less.

Don't complain about pitches ,the neeburs get upset.Wearing warm winter jackets sends them into a rage!

1 minute ago, SystemX1 said:

Don't complain about pitches ,the neeburs get upset.Wearing warm winter jackets sends them into a rage!

Obsessed, 2 posts out of 2 about us.  I think Tranent fans have had a whinge about the pitch last 3 away matches, not just ours.

Come on, give us a detailed breakdown of the last game, or even how you see the rest of the season going for your team. 

Remember, all glory is fleeting.

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

What sort of player is he? Can't say I know too much about the guy but he seems highly rated.

Big, strong, athletic are probably his strongest assets.

25 year old with good experience in the Lowland League, a type of player we don't currently have at the TJ's.

Hopefully he hits the ground running.

4 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

What sort of player is he? Can't say I know too much about the guy but he seems highly rated.

3 hours ago, beachboy said:

Big, strong, athletic are probably his strongest assets.

25 year old with good experience in the Lowland League, a type of player we don't currently have at the TJ's.

Hopefully he hits the ground running.

Im sure he (and the lad Swann at Spartans) both young lads at the time started off with WW in the LL  to gain experience.

He's been at a few LL clubs since then so knows what it's all about. 

Both at the time were from Fife so if still there I think yer expenses budget will be a wee bit higher than usual. :lol:

Edited by newcastle broon

21 hours ago, Rie said:

I just saw 'Celtic B v Tranent Juniors - tickets on sale'

Do I have to buy a ticket online?  Can I just pay by cash on the day?

When Bo'ness United went to Celtic B at end November they had "tickets on sale" and no mention of a cash gate.   The BU confirmed the day before that there was a cash gate and on the night there was.     Only gripe was the concession price was only for kids.      Our OAP's were raging that they had to pay the full £10.

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

When Bo'ness United went to Celtic B at end November they had "tickets on sale" and no mention of a cash gate.   The BU confirmed the day before that there was a cash gate and on the night there was.     Only gripe was the concession price was only for kids.      Our OAP's were raging that they had to pay the full £10.

Thank you for letting me know that.

Spin this one Tranent, living within our means, not getting bankrolled in any shape or form blah blah.

James Keatings, signing for Tranent for the love of the club I’m sure, no wait a minute he’s Glaswegian, but did once break down in Tranent on the way to the Hibs Training Centre.

30 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Spin this one Tranent, living within our means, not getting bankrolled in any shape or form blah blah.

James Keatings, signing for Tranent for the love of the club I’m sure, no wait a minute he’s Glaswegian, but did once break down in Tranent on the way to the Hibs Training Centre.

In fairness, I doubt he'd have had many offers in the SPFL after how his last few years have gone.