Tranent Juniors 22/23

Halfwit8

Some game yesterday. Totally bossed them in the first 20 minutes and could've been out of sight. Everyone to a man played their part yesterday. Sending off for Oban was the softest I've seen in a long time and on a list of some seriously questionable descisions going Rangers' way. A point is a decent result for us, all the same, going into a couple of big games next week.

Edited by Omnishambles

1 hour ago, Omnishambles said:

Some game yesterday. Totally bossed them in the first 20 minutes and could've been out of sight. Everyone to a man played their part yesterday. Sending off for Oban was the softest I've seen in a long time and on a list of some seriously questionable descisions going Rangers' way. A point is a decent result for us, all the same, going into a couple of big games next week.

Agreed. It was a great game to watch.  I do not understand why there are not so many Tranent Juniors' supporters are here....

I was at tonight's game which was the 4th time I've seen Tranent this season. It was the best I've seen them play since the play-off game at Darvel.  They played with an intensity, pace, skill and clinical finishing that OGB couldn't match.  I wouldn't write them off as potential league champions, certainly they way that the top half dozen sides are shaping up. 

Good crowd in attendance too, 658.

On 08/11/2022 at 22:24, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Good to see Colin Nish doing well.

Now I am looking forward to going to see games every week now even though I prefer when Nishy was a player rather than a manager 😆

18 hours ago, _FFC1876 said:

Would be great to see Tranent in League 2 next season, all the best

Would be absolutely fantastic but to go from the East Region South of the Juniors to the fourth tier in seven years would be madness. I didn't expect us to be challenging for the title in our first season in the Lowland, but I'd imagine every Tranent supporter is just enjoying the ride for now and the football we're playing.

On 13/11/2022 at 10:13, StraightOuttaEOS said:

big t fae wit av herd very unlucky no tae take aw 3 points yesterday. a gid point regardless ✊👍

Spartans away was always gonna be one of the toughest trips in the calendar this season. A point doesn't set us back in the grand scheme of things and the way the table's shaping up.

3 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Spartans away was always gonna be one of the toughest trips in the calendar this season. A point doesn't set us back in the grand scheme of things and the way the table's shaping up.

agreed m8 spartans are in one eh the better sides that will be up there at the business end oh the season. keep going the big t ✊👍🥰

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Great to see Nicky Reid doing well for you. His goals are really missed at Penicuik this year.  I hope Aiden does well for you too, he’s a terrific player with great pace and a wonderful touch. 

Two great additions to the TJ's squad, both young lads with promising futures ahead of them.

Reid signed a pre-contract with Edinburgh City then Gary Naysmith got sacked, Alan Maybury came in, presumably didn't fancy him (I can't comment because I stopped watching the team after the stupid name change) and Tranent picked him up. I'd be slightly annoyed if I was a Cookie fan but that's the breaks in the modern game.

Got myself down to Forresters Park this evening... my first Lowland League match for a wee while!

Tranent Juniors 8-0 winners over Edinburgh Uni! Not the hard fought, close encounter I’d hoped!

By the end it was a bit of a training match for Tranent... and the score was only really kept down by them being a bit wasteful! 

Uni started quite well, but extra pace, strength and quality of Tranent had them 2 up at half time. A 3rd goal about 20 seconds into the 2nd half completely killed off the Uni side... and at one stage the goals were coming so quick, the announcer couldn’t keep up!

Comfortable evening for Tranent who can tick off this one as “job done” with the 3 points never really in doubt.

Edited by Jordi1977