Tranent Juniors 22/23

Halfwit8

I personally think he does NOT have a job lined up , I'm certainly not in the know but his relationship with the Committee has been less than harmonious as previous managers would attest. 

My guess is a straw has broke the camels ( calums ) back. 

16 minutes ago, Dalry llama said:

I personally think he does NOT have a job lined up , I'm certainly not in the know but his relationship with the Committee has been less than harmonious as previous managers would attest. 

A manager having a less than harmonious relationship with our committee? Hold the front page.

His quotes in the Evening News saying it felt like he had taken the club as far as he could, felt it was the right time for both parties for him to go, maybe a fresh voice was needed in the dressing room etc. All don't particularly seem to add up given the timing/start to the season we've made.

On 24/08/2022 at 14:48, Dalry llama said:

Less than harmonious, I think its fair to say that the Tranent committee backed Calum to the hilt during his two years at the club, never once did they say that he couldn't bring a player in, he was supported in every single request. Also worth bearing in mind that circa 35 players were used least season for Calum to achieve promotion.

Does that sound like his relationship was poor or less than harmonious?

Was there disagreements during his tenure, of course, but nothing that couldn't or wasn't resolved.

Calum moves on for whatever reason, but I can assure you the club has nothing but good things to say about the guy.

Certainly have a big squad and keeping everybody happy means “mair faces than the toon clock”.

Maybe pruning it was going to be a problem if some of the players were not his choosing.

Knowing what happens at Clubs is a mystery withe more questions than answers.

No doubt an orderly queue will be formed.

Edited by boheesian

15 hours ago, boheesian said:

Certainly have a big squad and keeping everybody happy means “mair faces than the toon clock”.

Maybe pruning it was going to be a problem if some of the players were not his choosing.

Knowing what happens at Clubs is a mystery withe more questions than answers.

No doubt an orderly queue will be formed.

Every player in the squad were all the managers choosing, the remit of the club it to support the manager on his choice of players.

On 26/08/2022 at 09:54, beachboy said:

Every player in the squad were all the managers choosing, the remit of the club it to support the manager on his choice of players.

I’ve no doubt that’s the case but he’s obviously had a beef with something or someone 🤔

Keeping up our good start despite a difficult week. Great result at Bo'ness on Saturday and unlucky not to get 3 points in a tight game last night. The squad looks very organised at this level, hard to beat and not conceding many goals but I do still feel like there's an out and out poacher missing to kill off these kind of games for us. Obviously losing Wayno was a blow for that sort of thing. Hopefully some news on the manager front soon too.

Edited by Omnishambles

Can't say I know much about Colin Nish's coaching/managerial career. I've heard from friends that he had quite a rough time at Cowdenbeath/took some flak from their fans. No idea how Hibs Under 20s have been doing under him. He's inheriting a good group of lads who've been playing well and getting results for a while so he shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel at Foresters. Best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Can't say I know much about Colin Nish's coaching/managerial career. I've heard from friends that he had quite a rough time at Cowdenbeath/took some flak from their fans. No idea how Hibs Under 20s have been doing under him. He's inheriting a good group of lads who've been playing well and getting results for a while so he shouldn't have to reinvent the wheel at Foresters. Best of luck to him.

He got a hard deal at Cowden.

Was doing alright in L1 until he lost his two main forwards for the second half of the season.

Got relegated after losing a play off.

We finished with 40 points no one has been relegated since from L1 with such a high tally,

Think he should have got a second season with us and as everyone knows it’s all been downhill for us since.

15 hours ago, ScottishBaggio said:

I heard that Nishy was at the civil game from the outside looking looks like a move was getting planned for a few weeks 

Eddie May was at the East Kilbride game.

Max Christie was at the Berwick game.

Gareth Evans was at the Civil game, the list goes on and lets not forget Calum was at the Berwick game v Celtic B at Shielfield, did he maybe have an ulterior motive!!

Your post is actually comical, for the avoidance of doubt Calum resigned from his position...FACT

2 hours ago, beachboy said:

Gareth Evans was at the Civil game, the list goes on and lets not forget Calum was at the Berwick game v Celtic B at Shielfield, did he maybe have an ulterior motive!!

Your post is actually comical, for the avoidance of doubt Calum resigned from his position...FACT

Thanks for clarifying no beefs 😋

5 hours ago, beachboy said:

Jumped before pushed maybe 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...