Inverness v QP

On 28/07/2022 at 09:48, QPSpider1867 said:

Me no thinks our recruitment has went exactly to plan this summer. The squad is light and if boys do come in it's harder to get them integrated and match fit in our system at this stage.

Interesting to see how we compete but my expectations are quite low after the Dundee and Hamilton fixtures. Expectations can shift as we progress though; especially if we sign a few more (looking unlikely).

All the punters on Twatter say Partick, ICT and Dundee are favourites... but I don't know. 

It'll be a special day for QP fans however starting our journey at Championship level. QP win 5-0.

You will 100 percent compete very well. This league is 100 percent a step up from L1 but only because there’s no easy games. In L1 if you’re a good team there’s always a few of them a season. 

The amount of draws and close results in the second half of last season in this division was wild. There was really not very much between any of the sides from 1st to 10th. 

It is also a much more enjoyable division in my opinion. You’ll have a great time and enjoy it. Inverness is a cracking day out, lovely in the centre, stadium is a soulless vacuum like (sorry ICT fans) but it’s a superb away day overall. Every team in the division is (except QP, sorry again 😂

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Fukthum, they know fukall - last season they were touting Dunfermline.

'Mon the Spiders, shaft these sneaky play acting cheating hoors..

It’s been 15 months now and you are still holding a grudge over a club because one of your players racially abused one of ours. Deary me.

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If you want to get to the stadium from the city centre are you best just getting a taxi? 

Yeah mate taxi is your best bet,  good 25 minute walk otherwise. 

If that’s supposedly the 2nd or 3rd best team in the league then we have nothing to fear. Inverness were utterly bang average and unfortunately we let someone of Billy McKays quality get a half chance and he took it well. 

We created a number of chances and McPake really should of done better when through on goal twice in either half. However, his running with the ball was outstanding and really added a different dimension to our attack. Dom Thomas was arguably man of the match with some terrific bits of footwork and carried the ball excellently. That’s exactly the Dom Thomas people rave about. Jason Naismith also took one for the team right at the death with a booking when Inverness went on the counter. Real sign of experience at the back 

Special mention to Charlie Fox who was an absolute monster at the back and won everything that came his way. I still go by that he’ll become the best defender in the championship this season

Negatives were the manner we lost the goal. A moment of slackness in the box and we were punished, whilst Liam Brown quite simply isn’t a defensive mid. It’s a shame but I think as the season goes on, he’ll probably end up on the bench.

loads of positives from that and arguably slightly frustrated we haven’t came back with 3 points 

Very physical encounter. Thought we were very lucky to go in at 1-1 but totally dominated the second half. The professional foul on MacGregor near the end of the game was a sickener as he had a glorious chance. Missing Devine and welsh a fair bit. Felt a bit light in midfield with McKay and Samuels not really offering much in terms of help to the middle two. Dan had the left back on toast for 15 mins but faded and his end product just wasn’t there. Samuels really wasn’t much of a threat. billy McKay excellent 

Didn’t make the game today but considering the back 4 we started with I’m going to say that a point is alright.

With Deas and Devine back starting I done see us gifting the opposition as many chances as we did today.

Wasn’t there today but certainly would have taken a point. 

Looking forward to the next couple of home games.

Disappointing to hear though that Lee Kilday did his sit down then walk off the park thing again. How many times is that now?

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Didn’t make the game today but considering the back 4 we started with I’m going to say that a point is alright.

With Deas and Devine back starting I done see us gifting the opposition as many chances as we did today.

Yeah most teams should be beating us with the back 4 we lined up with today. Worryingly Deas is out for another game I think. Once both are back we should be fine.

Delighted with the result. It is refreshing to feel that we could have won against one of the favourites for the title. Only negative for me is that Liam Brown is becoming crowded out. He is not a defensive midfielder and Jarrett should be in there and there is no space further forward for Brown. I agree he could end up on the bench most match days. If we eventually get Eve signed then I cannot see Kilday featuring. Why he is captain is bewildering.

We were the better side today, and with more clinical finishing the game would've been over at half time.

Still, I'd have taken a draw before kickoff. The important thing is that we're clearly going to be competitive in this league, and that's exciting.

At the start of the game I would have accepted a draw. At the end of the first I was gutted we didn't go in three up we were that good. The second half mostly belonged to Caley but the chance of the half came Queen's way with McPake not making the most of an excellent chance. 

A good game to watch with some excellent performances from the lads - we're not the finished article yet and another big lad at the back is going to take a wee bit of pressure off Fox - my man of the match. Dom Thomas showing some class out there as well with a couple of good stops from Ferrie (although he needs to sort out his kicking!)

Yeah - I'll accept the draw.

10 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Delighted with the result. It is refreshing to feel that we could have won against one of the favourites for the title. Only negative for me is that Liam Brown is becoming crowded out. He is not a defensive midfielder and Jarrett should be in there and there is no space further forward for Brown. I agree he could end up on the bench most match days. If we eventually get Eve signed then I cannot see Kilday featuring. Why he is captain is bewildering.

In fairness to Kilday, he was absolutely excellent today. It’s just his injury record that’s woeful

Very much looking forward to seeing Eze play I must say 

Edited by qpfc