Inverness v QP

What a game for the sporting idiom! A game of two halves! Finish your opponent when he’s down! Always ketchup on a steak pie!

We had seventeen shots at goal today which is incredible against a team who just a couple of months ago almost got back to the Premiership. To be fair, most were in the half-chance category but at least half a dozen were golden chances that on the calm of the training pitch would have bulged the net. If we can keep cutting teams open like today, confidence and assurance will come and points will be won. Defence we’re immense in the second half, Fox back on track. 

Lee Kilday had arguably his best game for us today. Aside of his injury, he looked weary. I don’t believe he is number one choice for his position, it’s just that number one is still in transit. Once that’s fixed Kilday will be a reliable stand-in. Re the armband, Naismith adopted it when he came on and he’s hardly getting a game never mind becoming skipper, so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Maybe Coyle is psyching them up that they are all leaders.

A couple, maybe three, out there today who need to improve for this level. One has been improving but has weaknesses (howlers!) in his defensive game. One needs to learn how to kick a ball. The other sadly doesn’t seem to be learning and keeps making the same mistakes, especially at passing and ball retention. 

A lot of unease for players and fans has been settled today. They’ve got what it takes. Let’s step up again against Ayr and keep the momentum going. Well done lads!

P.S. Good luck to the highlights editor squeezing that into seven minutes😊

Wow that was a great game. Loads of chances for both teams. QP excellent in the first half 👏

If the boys get the confidence high and into a scoring groove we could be on for a right good season because that team will create.  

ICT looked a lot fitter than as I must say… hopefully not the case for the full season. 

Charlie Fox is my hero. C’mon the spiders 🕷🕸

Edited by QPSpider1867

Confused why we let Doyle go… surely a good squad player. Defence was a mess at the end with injuries. 

Liam Brown and Patrick Jarrett struggled today sadly. I’m not sure Liam will cut it this year but hopefully wrong because he is silky on occasion. 

Edited by QPSpider1867

The first half was pretty even but in the second we utterly dominated and was surprised at how poor QP were given the talk about them last season and preseason. Really should’ve racked up the score in the second half. We were comfortable apart from one moment of brain freeze where all our defenders decided not to tackle anyone.  

Thought we were outstanding in the first half and should have put them away. Ultimately happy with the point in the end. Had the feeling of them nicking it, but we dug in really well. Two sides to our game on show, which was hugely encouraging. Fantastic day out as well. Still buckled as I type this. Crash landing this afternoon and evening is going to be brutal.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The first half was pretty even but in the second we utterly dominated and was surprised at how poor QP were given the talk about them last season and preseason. Really should’ve racked up the score in the second half. We were comfortable apart from one moment of brain freeze where all our defenders decided not to tackle anyone.  

Even better then, we were poor and still picked up a point away to one of the best teams in the league. I'll take that.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Managing to come away with a draw against a pretty fancied team with a back line of a centre mid, Wallace Duffy and two kids isn’t too bad. If Deas and Devine were playing I think we’d have won. Deas out the next game will be another blow.

After watching the highlights That could have been 5-5! Definitely missing Deas and Devine. Great to be creating so many chances but also we have to question why we are sticking in high crosses when we have midgets against giants! 

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Wit 🤣 Mad how people see different games. I thought we utterly dominated that first half and should of been 3 or 4 up comfortably and then second half was more even but I can’t recall any clear moments where Inverness should of racked up the score. Got in decent areas but our keeper made saves that any keeper should make at this level. We still ended up having the better chances 2nd half 

Surely an element of 🎣 going on there  

Edited by qpfc

Total shambles defensively and a fumble by Ridgers for their goal, no excuses as our defence struggled against a faster and slicker QP forward line especially in the first half, Samuels is ineffective wide and Boyd needs to go on the wing where he would make all the difference, also Carson is better in the middle, pleased to see Daniel Mackay back on his game as he turned Davidson inside out time after time making a complete arse of him.

A lot made of their McPake in an earlier post but from I saw he needs lots of service and doesn't create moves but when he got the ball he was useful, very little mention of their goalkeeper who I thought had a great game.

All in all the draw was fair, but the sooner our defence is sorted the better, plus we really need Welsh and Walsh back 

23 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Wit 🤣 Mad how people see different games. I thought we utterly dominated that first half and should of been 3 or 4 up comfortably and then second half was more even but I can’t recall any clear moments where Inverness should of racked up the score. Got in decent areas but our keeper made saves that any keeper should make at this level. We still ended up having the better chances 2nd half 

Surely an element of 🎣 going on there  

I’m not sure if you were at the game or not but it was one way traffic in the second half against a team I was told were good. 

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’m not sure if you were at the game or not but it was one way traffic in the second half against a team I was told were good. 

Whatever you say, keep telling yourself that 🤣

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If that’s as good as QP are then they won’t cause many sides in this league problems. 

So if we almost and should of scored 3 or 4 goals in a half away from home then we won’t cause teams problems ? Interesting take

Edited by qpfc