Sons vs Binos

In the league cup game Cummins was caught out time and time again at RB.  I assumed McGeachie was injured or the manager was experimenting.  If the latter, the experiment did not work.

It did not appear to work yesterday either.  What's McGeachie done to get dropped in favour of a player who's worse in that position?

1 hour ago, TheVoiceofReason said:

In the league cup game Cummins was caught out time and time again at RB.  I assumed McGeachie was injured or the manager was experimenting.  If the latter, the experiment did not work.

It did not appear to work yesterday either.  What's McGeachie done to get dropped in favour of a player who's worse in that position?

Cummins played at left back for Stranraer before he joined us. If McGeachie was injured what about Banner, he has played right back before. 

Edited by rhliston

12 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

It should have been in Isaac Newton's laws of physics.  If you  let a forward go he comes back to haunt you.

12 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

It should have been in Isaac Newton's laws of physics.  If you  let a forward go he comes back to haunt you.

We've had many of those....

21 minutes ago, Third Son from the Rock said:

We've had many of those....

Byrne never seemed to be one of those rare magical players who could create a goal out of nothing, that we all dream of.  He was one who put chances away if they were provided and didn't blow sitters.  Not too shabby an option for you at all.

25 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Son of the rock isn't he?  No chance of an investment in Dumbarton?

I don't think he's particularly fond of Dumbarton, or Scotland in general. His family left when he was 2 partly due to sectarianism. I'm sure we asked him for something trivial in the run up to our challenge cup final but he ignored it. 

8 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think he's particularly fond of Dumbarton, or Scotland in general. His family left when he was 2 partly due to sectarianism. I'm sure we asked him for something trivial in the run up to our challenge cup final but he ignored it. 

David Byrne's association with Dumbarton is no more than a historical footnote, and he has made that very clear.  Fine, his call, and the music is way overrated anyway.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

David Byrne's association with Dumbarton is no more than a historical footnote, and he has made that very clear.  Fine, his call, and the music is way overrated anyway.

Totally agree.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Really nicely made highlights up on the Binos' YouTube

We really are lucky to have Ben, the work he must put in for a very professional project is very much appreciated by most supporters, it really is a cracking product for someone who volunteers. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

That really is a shocker of a challenge. Knows he's going to be late and still throws his head into it. Could easily be broken jaw/cheekbones there. 

Agreed, as I mentioned on the day, it happened right in front of where I was sitting and I couldn't believe he got up and walked away from it. I was also very surprised at how long it took the Ref to summon over the medical team considering it appeared to be a serious head knock. 

Being told we were 2-0 up at 5 past 3 on Saturday was a very pleasant surprise. After the poor League Cup showing against Stirling Albion it’s good to bounce back and kick off the season with a win. 

That challenge for the red is an absolute stinker. I’ve no idea if Cammy Clark is normally a dirty b*****d but that was a right nasty one. Had they been nipping at each during the game or something? It looked pretty deliberate.