Sons vs Binos

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Nice half that. More of the same would be terrific.

Also, I see Kalvin has been credited with the first goal. But I could've sworn it was Declan Byrne as well? 

I thought it was Byrne as well just based on everyone's reactions as well 

Second-half was a bit of a scrap, and Long made a few terrific saves. But we were comfortable enough for the most part.

Horrible 'challenge' from big Cameron Clark for the red card. Was relieved to see Lynas up and able to walk off.

Job done. Some nice stuff on display. We lost control for periods but also never looked under any significant threat during those times. Ref was pretty poor overall (no consistency) but didn't have much influence on the result. D Wilson was better than expected when he came on, C Wilson was exactly as expected, the rest showed some nice stuff throughout more or less.

Shocker for the red card. How any of the Stirling players felt they could debate it was absolutely beyond me.

Onto next week and an away day out for my birthday too! 🎉

Pleasing start to the game, thought we looked a threat in the first half especially on the break. Pleasing to see us manage the game a little better too in terms of some tactical fouls and time wasting. 

Brett Long, for as poor as his kicking was, won us the game with 3 great saves. We definitely have him to thank for the 3 pts and the clean sheet. 

what I will say is the squad looks fitter than it did last season hopefully Lynas is ok too that looked a sore one and I thought he was great before he went off. I was right in front of it and it was some clatter he took 

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

I thought it was Byrne as well just based on everyone's reactions as well 

Cleared it up with Faz, it was definitely Byrne. Although Kalvin's claiming it seen as the BBC gave it to him!

2 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Excellent result but the second half was dreadful. Are we really going to sit as deep as that every time we go ahead?

Hopefully not.  But it showed that we can't line up with two wide men (Orsi and McLean) and expect the two remaining guys in midfield to stem the opposition.

Having said that we will hopefully have Gray and Wallace back next week, so all things considered this was a very good result.  Certainly Stirling moved the ball well but apart from a couple of goalmouth scrambles they generally lacked a cutting edge.

48 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Shocker for the red card. How any of the Stirling players felt they could debate it was absolutely beyond me.

I’ll post properly when I’m home and not waiting for my Chinese. Anyway, the incident happened right in front of me and trust me, NO player was debating the red card, they were stopping the Dumbarton players ripping Clark’s face off because it was a total shocker. Can’t say I heard every word, but I definitely heard a lot of Stirling players agreeing it was a shocker and a poor decision from Clark, what the 2 Captains were booked for I have no idea, in the end it was McLean and Buchanan that calmed the situation down.

That was a complete ‘heads gone’ moment by Clark, I’ve got no idea what he was think of, no doubt it’s one of those things he’ll regret straight away, but it was a shocker and totally needless. Clark is a player I never noticed at Annan but I have been impressed in the games I have watched him in for Stirling so far, but that’s a side to him we haven’t seen until today, I really hope it was a one off and I really hope Lynas is ok, it seemed to be his leg that was the problem before walking off.

Cleared it up with Faz, it was definitely Byrne. Although Kalvin's claiming it seen as the BBC gave it to him!
I think Kalvin might be on to plums. Even the Sons Archive has given it to Byrne and they usually take the bbc/sky as gospel.

7 minutes ago, microdave said:
59 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think Kalvin might be on to plums. Even the Sons Archive has given it to Byrne and they usually take the bbc/sky as gospel.

Whilst we're on the subject of the Archive...I was trying to think of the last player who scored a double on his league debut for us. And my mind is drawing blanks.