Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

9 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

My take on the whole 2020 situation is that Hearts were shafted a bit more than we were, i think it was something like 39/40 of the 55 associations in UEFA played out the top division (so not just the leagues with big TV deals like EPL / Bundesliga)with another 8 or so either null and voiding the league or arranging temporary reconstruction so no teams went down but teams went up. Around 7 or 8 enforced relegation from the top division.

Not sure how it filtered down the tiers but I know in England there was obviously a cut off from tier 3 downwards where the tiers above that played out the leagues.

Ludo's thread on a dundee forum about Gerry Britton & co ignoring Nelms and fucking off straight after the game found its way to a Thistle social media page, interestingly a few comments from the Dundee fans on there were along the lines of "aye, Nelms fucked it by changing the vote, will never forgive him for giving United the title, we got f**k all out of it" but obviously on here it's defend the club to the death.

Not sure how folk were thinking our board would react "oh hi John, remember when you agreed to vote one way then went back on it and cost us half a million quid, no bother, fancy a pint?"

Were our statements in 2020, and indeed that flag that turned up on Saturday a massive riddy? Yes

Am I well up for us using it as a chip on the shoulder for us to kick the shit out of Dundee? Also yes.

Since you've referenced it, I'll post the same post I posted over there:

Nelms tried to better Scottish football and force through talks about reconstruction. That was the reasoning for the changed vote remember. Ultimately, it didn't work as he got the same broken promises we have all had for decades and that's anything that ultimately just suits the top 2 overall and he was made to look rather silly.

To be holding a grudge as you're welcomed into the home of a stadium almost 2 years later is pathetic. If Partick Thistle had won more than 6 games in 27 opportunities then it wouldn't have been a talking point. The league was stopped after the last game on the 10th March and they hadn't won a game of football since 28th December. Yeah, it was harsh they went down at the expense of QotS but it was what the majority of clubs in Scotland had decided.

34 of the 42 clubs voted the way we ultimately did. We went with the majority.

And for those that say Nelms 'handed' United the title as well are having a laugh. United were 18 points ahead of us and 14 points ahead of ICT with 8 games to play. They'd scored 20 more goals than us and had a better GD by +29. It'd have been an absolute formality.

So for Partick Thistle to blame Nelms more than 2 year later for a lot of their own misgivings, and mismanagement (appointing Gary Caldwell FFS) and not even offer pleasantries regardless of their own personal feelings is very poor IMO. 

I'll add, that if Nelms does likewise at Firhill (if given the chance), then I'd feel that'd be an absolute embarrassment too.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nelms tried to better Scottish football and force through talks about reconstruction. That was the reasoning for the changed vote remember.

Can't spell Nelson Mandela without Nelms obviously.

Also if you believe that I have some - perhaps slightly concerning - news about Santa Claus.

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Can't spell Nelson Mandela without Nelms obviously.

Also if you believe that I have some - perhaps slightly concerning - news about Santa Claus.

Aye, cause he voted for the good of his health right enough. Naw, actually, it was just to spite Partick Thistle and Hearts.

f**k sake.

This thread had been too quiet over the last 24 hours, what it seriously lacked was some post-match Brian Graham comments to get it going again! 

Graham’s comments are what they are, unlikely he’d even have mentioned the vote thing had we lost on Saturday (and by unlikely I mean definitely wouldn’t have). To be honest I’d have expected us to be really up for the game anyway, given Dee are title favourites, just relegated and it was opening day. 

The Thistle board’s position is a bit more understandable though. Had it been different people from 2020 at the top of both clubs there’d have been no issue I guess, but there is clearly animosity between those at the top (rightly or wrongly) that stems back to the private conversations between Low and Nelms in 2020, the best thing to do from their perspective was probably just keep a low profile at Dens (no pun intended). Very much something of nothing. 

Edited by JagsCG

8 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Ludo you are the most sore loser I have ever seen. Always trying to argue about something aren’t you. Move on and come back when we see you at firhill before you stress yourself out to much.

You know this is a discussion board, right?

Brian Graham is the most revolting footballer I’ve ever seen. His awkwardness can be effective at times but that honestly says more about this level.

You know, he has also scored 25 top fight goals and 30 goals in major cups. A sheltered life you've had if he's anywhere close to being the most revolting footballer you've seen.

4 hours ago, Liam899 said:

Brian Graham is the most revolting footballer I’ve ever seen. His awkwardness can be effective at times but that honestly says more about this level. He should be doing everything he can to go under the radar. Or if he wants to stick his head above the parapet, it should be to thanks his team mates who carried him. 

Thistle are a proper club though with a proper manager. I look forward to the battle ahead. 

Getting desperate now, just put the phone down and have a wee sob to yourself.

Did we deserve to go down? Yes

Did Nelms lie? Yes.

Are people directly affected by this allowed to be bitter? Yes.

Are Dundee as a club to blame? No.

Has this thread gone on far too long? YES.

Am I partly to blame? Yes.

Time to move on - good luck for the season Dee fans, hope you get 2nd.

Perhaps someone should point out to Mr. Brian Graham that he really shouldn't be complaining about losing money after being relegated considering it was him and those around him massively underperforming (and in turn being grossly overpaid) that put the club he plays for in the predicament.

After he accepts that - and apologised - we can all then move on with life. Most of us already have.

The daft c**t.

9 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

f**k me this is dull.

We went down because we were an absolute shambles of a football team. Had the season continued, I think we might have scraped enough points to stay up, but it couldn’t so whatever. I think in the circumstances, there were no good options, but what happened was the least bad one. I think that Brian Graham is talking shite here, but I also don’t care because I like him.

What did Pat Boon post? 

I said one word that is no longer tolerated by the PC brigade. It wasn't racist or sexist nor vile. I won't repeat it obviously. I apologise for the use of it but not to the poster it was said to.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Perhaps someone should point out to Mr. Brian Graham that he really shouldn't be complaining about losing money after being relegated considering it was him and those around him massively underperforming (and in turn being grossly overpaid) that put the club he plays for in the predicament.

To be fair of all the players at the Club in March 2020 Graham is probably the least culpable for our position when football shut down given that he had been at the Club for little more than two months and had made a more than positive contribution at that point. 

He'd already taken a wage cut to join Thistle and a further wage cut followed when he and his team mates were denied the chance to rectify their league position on the pitch, and given Dundee's infamous voting shennigans it's understandable that he's a little bitter towards Dundee even if it is a little unfair to single out Dundee for that. Incidentally, how are Queen of the South doing these days? 

There's clearly bad blood between the two clubs. So be it. It might add a bit of edge to the three remaining fixtures, especially if the two are challenging each other at the top. 

Personally I'd prefer to let sleep dogs lie and move on but the second wave of Dundee salty tears has been almost more entertaining than the first. 

1 hour ago, Pat Boon said:

I said one word that is no longer tolerated by the PC brigade. It wasn't racist or sexist nor vile. I won't repeat it obviously. I apologise for the use of it but not to the poster it was said to.

No, it was only derogatory towards the disabled, which is perfectly OK.

41 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Personally I'd prefer to let sleep dogs lie and move on but the second wave of Dundee salty tears has been almost more entertaining than the first. 

I must admit, I haven't seen many "salty tears" apart from certain Partick supporters claiming so over and over and over again.

In fact, the only supporter who I can see crying is that @Pat Boon rocket.