Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

Inverness went on a very similar run last season and almost got promoted.

No, they didn't. They were pumped rotten by a very, very poor St J.

3 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Vile? You're a wee cry baby. Running to the mods cause shitty wee town team got well and truly pumped. Roon ye.

Are you seriously suggesting there was nothing wrong with what you posted? 

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Are you seriously suggesting there was nothing wrong with what you posted? 

It was one word. If you're offended, so be it. It was nowhere near as bad as the post one of your lot put up about hitting a woman & kid.

Just now, Pat Boon said:

It was one word. If you're offended, so be it. It was nowhere near as bad as the post one of your lot put up about hitting a woman & kid.

Disgraceful.

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Maybe if your board hadn't appointed a fucking disaster of a manager in Gary Caldwell and managed to pick up more wins than 6 in 27 fucking attempts you'd maybe not be as raging at Dundee who were one of the other 34 clubs out of 42 that voted that way.

10th March the league had its last game yet you lads hadn't won a game since the 28th December yet we are to blame.

Shameless.

PjBejIzN9BwsL8uQ0F.gif

Edited by baba douche
Having a meltdown

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

This thread, man. 

Absolutely agree with the sentiment of that tweet, but in this case our club did the right thing, and exactly what 33 other clubs did. People are still raging at us though because we were the last team to put our vote in. It's pretty simple stuff, really.

I hope some of your fellow Partick fans can learn something from your linked tweet.

I guess that depends on your definition of nearly. Getting to the play off final is one step from promotion, I'd say that's near. You're doing a great job of spectacularly missing my point though.

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I guess that depends on your definition of nearly. Getting to the play off final is one step from promotion, I'd say that's near. You're doing a great job of spectacularly missing my point though.

So what is your point? That the league should have played on? That we should have went against 33 other clubs for the benefit of Partick Thistle after they'd been utterly shite? 

f**k me this is dull.

We went down because we were an absolute shambles of a football team. Had the season continued, I think we might have scraped enough points to stay up, but it couldn’t so whatever. I think in the circumstances, there were no good options, but what happened was the least bad one. I think that Brian Graham is talking shite here, but I also don’t care because I like him.

What did Pat Boon post? 

So what is your point? That the league should have played on? That we should have went against 33 other clubs for the benefit of Partick Thistle after they'd been utterly shite? 
My point is that going almost three months without a win doesn't necessarily mean a club deserves to go down.

I am however on record multiple times saying that our relegation was the most fair solution to an extraordinary situation.

My take on the whole 2020 situation is that Hearts were shafted a bit more than we were, i think it was something like 39/40 of the 55 associations in UEFA played out the top division (so not just the leagues with big TV deals like EPL / Bundesliga)with another 8 or so either null and voiding the league or arranging temporary reconstruction so no teams went down but teams went up. Around 7 or 8 enforced relegation from the top division.

Not sure how it filtered down the tiers but I know in England there was obviously a cut off from tier 3 downwards where the tiers above that played out the leagues.

Ludo's thread on a dundee forum about Gerry Britton & co ignoring Nelms and fucking off straight after the game found its way to a Thistle social media page, interestingly a few comments from the Dundee fans on there were along the lines of "aye, Nelms fucked it by changing the vote, will never forgive him for giving United the title, we got f**k all out of it" but obviously on here it's defend the club to the death.

Not sure how folk were thinking our board would react "oh hi John, remember when you agreed to vote one way then went back on it and cost us half a million quid, no bother, fancy a pint?"

Were our statements in 2020, and indeed that flag that turned up on Saturday a massive riddy? Yes

Am I well up for us using it as a chip on the shoulder for us to kick the shit out of Dundee? Also yes.

Edited by Fuctifano