Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Hardly a pounding. 

It was more Dundee's errors than Patrick Thistle's good play that got you the win.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Not fishing here but if you think Thistle played well today then you must be pretty poor on a regular basis. I know what cost Dundee today and it was complete defensive errors. We looked pretty bad on set plays today, but still managed 2 goals from them. I have absolutely no doubt after today's game, Dundee will finish well above Thistle.

An absolute slavering wreck, as usual.

Get it right up you.

Thought we were well worth our win today, and Harry Milne was yet again the best player on the pitch, as I think will be the case many, many times this season.

If you’d offered me any kind of win while missing 3 centre backs and playing Kyle Turner at RB, I’d have bitten your hand off.  As it was, our makeshift defence managed everything Dundee had fairly comfortably, apart from a couple of poorly defended set pieces which made the result look closer than it ultimately was.

We’ve got a long season ahead, but this team gives a lot of reason for optimism. We’ve just won away at the title favourites and missing numerous defensive starters. A very pleasing start to the season.

Edited by Nightmare

Thought we were well worth our win today, and Harry Milne was yet again the best player on the pitch, as I think will be the case many, many times this season.
If you’d offered me any kind of win while missing 3 centre backs and playing Kyle Turner at RB, I’d have bitten your hand off.  As it was, our makeshift defence managed everything Dundee had fairly comfortably, apart from a couple of poorly defended set pieces which made the result look closer than it ultimately was.
We’ve got a long season ahead, but this team gives a lot of reason for optimism. We’ve just won away at the title favourites and missing numerous defensive starters. A very pleasing start to the season.

Were you actually at the game?

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Well said, well said.

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

How do these cuntos react when they don’t fluke a win?

Fluke? f**k off. We were by far the better team. Finishing was deadly.

I genuinely reckon if we didn’t have 1 fit centre half it would have been four or five.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

People heading for the exits in the Cox as we had 7-8 minutes left at 2-3 was even more mental.

Get that people sometimes have places to be but the mass exiting before the finish is a minter IMO.

I remember a few fans turning around and leaving when we went 2-0 down v. Gretna in under 2 minutes. Yes it was painful and embarrassing but still I never get it  (and we ended up drawing anyway)

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Well you’re deluding yourself, but you won, so I get it.

What in particular did you disagree with? I think any rational football fans can see who deserved to win the game today.

12 minutes ago, OnlyteaminGlasgow said:

Fairly comfortable in the most part, had we had our first choice defence out there it would have been 4/5 and we would not have been hanging on at the end. I think it was not a wise idea to sub Bannigan, it invited more pressure on our makeshift defence.

Utter nonsense.

That is all.