Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Not fishing here but if you think Thistle played well today then you must be pretty poor on a regular basis. I know what cost Dundee today and it was complete defensive errors. We looked pretty bad on set plays today, but still managed 2 goals from them. I have absolutely no doubt after today's game, Dundee will finish well above Thistle.

YPPI2Q6DAz4CohnPDD.gif

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

But his 'Dungdee' patter has me in stitches every time, it's just so witty.

As witty as your clubs Patrick patter. Get over it Johnny Dung. The games over and you can’t change the 3-2 score line. Always next week!!

Just now, Sting777 said:

As witty as your clubs Patrick patter. Get over it Johnny Dung. The games over and you can’t change the 3-2 score line. Always next week!!

I am more frustrated with Dundee than bathered about Thistle. 

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

I know we say this every season, but this is the weakest the Championship forum has been for patter in ages. This thread...

2 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Only real negative today was Mullen not getting on to score a 2-yard tap-in.

Otherwise, straightforward away win for the Championship winners.

FTFY 

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not totally despondent by that as I probably should be.

Again, will wait on the replay but do think Sharp should have saved the first. Didn't seem right in the corner nor did it seem very high into the net either. As I said before though, happy to be corrected on that and it was a fine bit of play between the Partick Thistle players beforehand so possibly one of those where you just have to hold your hands up.

Second goal was absolutely calamitious. Sweeney seemed to want Sharp to get involved and Sharp expected Sweeney to clear it with not one bit of communication with each other, Sweeney then slices it and the Partick Thistle player has a gaping net. An absolute howler any way you cut it and Sweeney is supposed to be our captain so his communication skills should be on point.

Third goal was just very sloppy across the whole backline. Quick counter from Partick and no-one knew who they were marking. Terrible defending by all. French really concerns me. Seems to lose his man quite a lot and did so in the first half and almost allowed Partick Thistle to seal the win in the opening 45 which Graham thankfully missed.

Final thing that annoyed me was the first McPake-esque sub by Bowyer by taking McGinn off at HT for Rudden and just simply putting Jakubiak in a position he's not that effective in.

Came back into the game slowly and we're still very dangerous from set-pieces when McMullan actually beats the first man. I reckon Bowyer will have learnt a lot about the squad and the deficiencies of last season certainly reared their head today so it's a slightly good thing that it happened today than later on in the season when Bowyer has no time to address it.

Thought Harry Milne was superb for Partick Thistle, feel like we've missed out on one with him. Partick Thistle were efficient on the counter and quick at getting bodies back. They'll be up there this season.

We badly, badly need McGowan to provide a bit of calmness in the centre of the park. The likes of Byrne & Williamson are far too similar to each other to be playing beside each other and Anderson had a really, really quiet day.

Overall, a stinger of a result but as long as stuff is learned from it, it shouldn't necessarily be a major deal. Liked the little cameo that Robinson provided.

The first goal was deflected, looped over Sharp. Couldn't do much about it.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Not fishing here but if you think Thistle played well today then you must be pretty poor on a regular basis. I know what cost Dundee today and it was complete defensive errors. We looked pretty bad on set plays today, but still managed 2 goals from them. I have absolutely no doubt after today's game, Dundee will finish well above Thistle.

image.thumb.png.41e91987bdbd8b39bb79aa916b221eea.png 

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye.  Sorry about that.  How was Cole McKinnon today?

Started well but drifted out of the first half. Scored a tremendous (team) goal in 2nd half and worked his arse off. Tired towards the end but he never hides.

There’s no doubt Thistle deserved to win. However, and I’m also not fishing, I agree 🙈 

Yes. Not fishing at all. Nope.

Thistle didn't play well, yet still did enough to win the game, so Dundee will finish well above them.

Gotcha.

We have a new manager who has just witnessed his first league game up here.  He will learn a lot from today.  McCall has been manager of PT since 2019.  

I’m with JD on this one.  I genuinely think Dundee will finish above PT this season, particularly if Bowyer gets the striker he is after.

Edited by Shadow Play