Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Plus the boy from the world famous Glasgow Rangers.

Thank you.

Fixed it for you. My official position on the club media team means I show grovelling respect to those who may or may not deserve it. Anything I publish on social media does not necessarily reflect the views I express in the pub with fellow Dees.

I usually don't really count loans as signings, which is pure prejudice on my part, and that's why I fleetingly overlooked Williamson (but you'd pounced before I could make the correction. If the loanee is a success they can get pulled back. If it doesn't work out they get sent back.

2 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Fixed it for you. My official position on the club media team means I show grovelling respect to those who may or may not deserve it. Anything I publish on social media does not necessarily reflect the views I express in the pub with fellow Dees.

I usually don't really count loans as signings, which is pure prejudice on my part, and that's why I fleetingly overlooked Williamson (but you'd pounced before I could make the correction. If the loanee is a success they can get pulled back. If it doesn't work out they get sent back.

No probs Syd.

24 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Dundee are going with the same squad they had for the second half of last season plus the youngsters (and Jakubiak) who were on loan. Tyler French, a 23 year old central defender, is the only signing (so far). He came from Wrexham and as a kid played for Bowyer at Bradford City. And there's also Ben Williamson on loan from Rangers.

In the first league cup game, against Hamilton, all 20 players listed were on the books last season. 10 came up through the academy, 5 starting and 5 on the bench.

Good to see you back posting bud!

20 minutes ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

Dundee are going with the same squad they had for the second half of last season plus the youngsters (and Jakubiak) who were on loan. Tyler French, a 23 year old central defender, is the only signing (so far). He came from Wrexham and as a kid played for Bowyer at Bradford City. And there's also Ben Williamson on loan from Rangers.

Yes, and although the League Cup group was successful in a competitive  context it was also a finding out exercise for all teams.
That said, we have played with more tempo and more attacking aggression than last season. A change of manager and mentality can have an impact and I remain solidly cautiously pessimistic for the Championship season. It’s always difficult to get out of. 

The youngsters, particularly Mulligan has looked pretty decent and the two goals from Cameron were excellent finishes so hopefully they can carry on like that this season. So far it’s a big change from normal having to multi-stories at centre half and I think that both Sweeney and French will score from set pieces. 

Looking forward to seeing the league season start with the Jags and I think then we’ll see what is in store.  

11 hours ago, rambling syd rumpo said:

In the first league cup game, against Hamilton, all 20 players listed were on the books last season. 10 came up through the academy, 5 starting and 5 on the bench.

Hi Rumpo... i'm  actually excited about the number of good youngsters breaking through this time around ,  looks like a good balance with the experienced lads as well .

Very quiet from The Dees. Seems getting put in their place over their own ticketing arrangements has knocked the little confidence they had left before facing the league champions in waiting.

Not even had a DM regarding a pagger outside the Cabbie Club pre-match.

Very disappointing.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Very quiet from The Dees. Seems getting put in their place over their own ticketing arrangements has knocked the little confidence they had left before facing the league champions in waiting.

Not even had a DM regarding a pagger outside the Cabbie Club pre-match.

Very disappointing.

Thank you.

gary oldman leon GIF

14 hours ago, RICH DEE BISCUIT said:

Hi Rumpo... i'm  actually excited about the number of good youngsters breaking through this time around ,  looks like a good balance with the experienced lads as well .

I agree about the youngsters. I think the young players breaking through are better than the equivalent signings we could realistically have made from the lower divisions.

Anyway, some context.

The last two seasons we have been promoted we have shipped an average of 5 (FIVE) goals on the opening day. So a 5-0 scudding from the Jags will actually count as a good omen. We will be bang on course.

Edited by rambling syd rumpo

36 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

We'll pay-in when we want.

We'll pay-in when we waaaaaaant.

We're Partick Thistle.

We'll pay-in when we want.

That's a song only specky, dweeby, p***ks would sing.