Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Top tip for Jags fans wanting to attend this Saturday.

The device some of you may use to read Pie & Bovril also doubles as a phone.

Call the Thistle ticket office to get your tickets and if you do this up until some time on Wednesday, they can be posted out.

You're welcome.

Some people can’t or don’t decide to go to a game until the day of the game. You are losing their income. Why would the club want to do that ?

If we could get all of Ewan Gurr, And Lib and Jim Spence into the city centre at the same time, I would be willing to lend Derry a hand and punch f**k out the three of them.

He wouldn't need my help, obviously - it's purely for my own enjoyment.

16 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Some people can’t or don’t decide to go to a game until the day of the game. You are losing their income. Why would the club want to do that ?

You have until 4pm on Friday mate, ask your ticket office to open Saturday morning if it bothers you that much.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

You have until 4pm on Friday mate, ask your ticket office to open Saturday morning if it bothers you that much.

Unless they don’t live in Glasgow, in which case we have until Wednesday and then hoping the post arrives in time.

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Unless they don’t live in Glasgow, in which case we have until Wednesday and then hoping the post arrives in time.

TBH, I do feel bad for the Benbecula Jags supporters group.

Edited by johnnydun

5 hours ago, Lord Rosebury said:

You’d think clubs would be making it easier for supporters to attend games. Not providing  a hassle free cash or online option to buy tickets in 22 is very odd. 
Have Dundee given a reason?

Less weegie minks in the city the better, apparently

8 hours ago, johnnydun said:

You have totally missed the point of my post. It’s Dundee that will miss out on the revenue not Thistle. 

Dundee's approach to ticketing for this game makes no logical sense. 

Outside of All Ticket sell out games, which this clearly isn't, there should always be a PATG option as not everyone has access to purchase online. 

To combine no online sales with no PATG option is baffling. It doesn't prohibit you from getting a ticket but it makes it awkward which acts as a disincentive if you are swithering on going or not. 

The conclusion that Dundee don't want away fans, or at least want something approaching a definitive figure for the away support in advance for stewardship numbers, is hard to avoid. 

It's not that long since we were playing games in empty grounds talking about how football is nothing without fans. Now Dundee have adopted an approach that discourages attendance. 

14 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should be a pay at the gate. IMO. I remember in the early seventies when I had to crawl under the turnstile.

Happier times.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, RawB93 said:

We can and will.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, Girth said:

So glad the season is back. 

Missed the bickering. 

Thank you  

What For Joyce Byers GIF - What For Joyce Byers Winona Ryder GIFs

11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

If you can’t even sell pieces of paper with misspelled words on them, you should be paying someone else to do it for you.

Both our tickets for the Hamilton & Forfar games, as well as Queen's Park's one for the game at Ochilview were for something called the "Premiere Sports Cup"... 🙈