Dundee FC Vs Patrick Thistle - Opening Day - 30/07/22

The price is just one of the issues however. No PATG sales is fair enough to an extent as these have decreased with COVID but to have no online purchase option is pretty odd given how many teams, I assume Dundee included, did this throughout the last couple of years. 

Don't know why you are even moaning at us.

From Partick Thistle's website...

"Tickets have been sent to Firhill for sale for Partick Thistle supporters"

We don't even have the tickets.

I managed to buy mine online yesterday for the Derry.

Yeah, the faculty of online sales has nothing to do with us since Partick Thistle claimed their allocation and are dealing with it themselves.

Our ticketing system is a disgrace tbh, but in this instance it's nothing to do with us.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, the faculty of online sales has nothing to do with us since Partick Thistle claimed their allocation and are dealing with it themselves.

Our ticketing system is a disgrace tbh, but in this instance it's nothing to do with us.

Let's be clear here - PTFC didn't request tickets from Dundee for this game. We were sent tickets by Dundee FC for advance sale because we were told there was NO online purchase available for our supporters to purchase.

We were also informed, a number of weeks ago, that there WAS going to be a pay at the gate option but that position subsequently changed this morning. 

8 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Let's be clear here - PTFC didn't request tickets from Dundee for this game. We were sent tickets by Dundee FC for advance sale because we were told there was NO online purchase available for our supporters to purchase.

We were also informed, a number of weeks ago, that there WAS going to be a pay at the gate option but that position subsequently changed this morning. 

I don't know why you would be told PATG would be happening.

We haven't had PATG in years.

10 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

£24 for lower league football is a disgrace.

Yet, 5 years ago St Mirren were charging £22 to see the Midden v Falkirk in the Championship.

Edited by johnnydun

Bizarre stuff really, especially when you consider we're getting the stand behind the goal rather than a tranche of the main stand. So there's next to no chance Dundee can segregate that stand and equally no chance we'd fill it if the ticket price was £1. So there's no chance of people being locked out which would pre-covid have been the normal reason for it being ticket only. If we'd had a small part of the main stand I could understand it more as we could very well sell that bit out.

From what SLJ says above Dundee still have the facility to operate PATG and haven't gone fully cashless / electronic, so seems very odd behaviour to not offer PATG if away fans can't buy online. Maybe they don't want the money.

In the interests of whataboutery, I think our decision to go 99% cashless was a bad one but we do at least offer online purchase right up to kick off and a kiosk for fans who don't have online banking.

This is much worse though, if you don't live near Firhill you're paying a whack in postage costs on top of the ticket price to make sure you get the ticket in time.

£24 isn’t even the biggest issue here imo. I mean, it’s still a nonsense price, but it’s not exactly a surprising one.

However, a supposedly professional football club not even offering fans the option to buy tickets online in 2022 is incredibly tinpot. And if you’re going to cancel online sales for whatever reason, at least give us the option of PATG.

If even 100 Thistle fans decide not to go to the game because of this farce, that’s £2400 down the drain. And I’d guess that would be a conservative estimate on the number who will bail on the fixture as a result. Just seems a bit weird for a football club to be turning away income.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

£24 isn’t even the biggest issue here imo. I mean, it’s still a nonsense price, but it’s not exactly a surprising one.

However, a supposedly professional football club not even offering fans the option to buy tickets online in 2022 is incredibly tinpot. And if you’re going to cancel online sales for whatever reason, at least give us the option of PATG.

If even 100 Thistle fans decide not to go to the game because of this farce, that’s £2400 down the drain. And I’d guess that would be a conservative estimate on the number who will bail on the fixture as a result. Just seems a bit weird for a football club to be turning away income.

St. Mirren have just tweeted the prices for their 1st 2 away games. £28 for Tannadice (which can be purchased online) and £26 for Pittodrie which, similar to above, are not available online or on the day but only through the Saints ticket office.