🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

4 minutes ago, Center half said:

My only comment on last nights experience is ! Who the f**k thinks it is sensible to allow drunken football fans loose on electric bikes to head back into the centre? How some c**t did not killed i will never Know!

Was that the same fans cycling down Cathcart Road after the game?

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I was hoping someone was going to bring this up on here as didn’t fancy doing it myself. Some of the claims on twitter are quite dreadful. I will only go off what I had seen on tv  but I was surprised the irish national anthem was booed as I can only ever remember the GSTQ ever getting properly booed, Mclean getting booed was a strange one. Tartan Army went a bit gammon last night by the sounds of it.

I was still stuck outside the ground when the anthems were played but that’s very disappointing to hear that we booed their anthem. When I was over in Dublin for the away fixture I was in the home end and most of the fans round about me sang ( or tried to sing ) both anthems. 

I did witness the booing of James McLean which I did think was a bit cringey . All in all quite a gammon element to our support last night maybe it does show that the biggest percentage of club fans following Scotland is Rangers?

That said I was delighted to get the win, and revenge for the June game. I thought we were well worthy of the 3 points- Ireland were very cynical throughout and on another day could have been down to 10 or 9 men.

32 minutes ago, Center half said:

My only comment on last nights experience is ! Who the f**k thinks it is sensible to allow drunken football fans loose on electric bikes to head back into the centre? How some c**t did not killed i will never Know!

Aye, I was incredibly close to being wiped out on the walk back to the city centre!

37 minutes ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I was still stuck outside the ground when the anthems were played but that’s very disappointing to hear that we booed their anthem. When I was over in Dublin for the away fixture I was in the home end and most of the fans round about me sang ( or tried to sing ) both anthems. 

I did witness the booing of James McLean which I did think was a bit cringey . All in all quite a gammon element to our support last night maybe it does show that the biggest percentage of club fans following Scotland is Rangers?

That said I was delighted to get the win, and revenge for the June game. I thought we were well worthy of the 3 points- Ireland were very cynical throughout and on another day could have been down to 10 or 9 men.

I don’t think in general the Rangers fans that would usually go to Scotland games would be like that tbh, however I would imagine yesterdays game would have been attractive to those who just want to go as it’s ‘them’.

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I don’t think in general the Rangers fans that would usually go to Scotland games would be like that tbh, however I would imagine yesterdays game would have been attractive to those who just want to go as it’s ‘them’.

Aye I think you’re on the money 👍

40 minutes ago, gannonball said:

No chance.  They seen it as a love in.  

I was hoping someone was going to bring this up on here as didn’t fancy doing it myself. Some of the claims on twitter are quite dreadful. I will only go off what I had seen on tv  but I was surprised the irish national anthem was booed as I can only ever remember the GSTQ ever getting properly booed, Mclean getting booed was a strange one. Tartan Army went a bit gammon last night by the sounds of it.

The Israel anthem was booed last year as well. Happened on quite a few games recently which is disappointing.

I wasn’t aware of McLean being booed than any other player. When you’re playing a game like this there’s always going to be a bit of needle and I’d like to think it was primarily driven by football rivalry and not anything more, like some people are alluding to. I’m not saying that there wasn’t a good few idiots who crossed the line btw. Their fans gave a few of our higher profile players a hard time over at the Aviva, similar story here imo.

1 minute ago, lubo_blaha said:

The Israel anthem was booed last year as well. Happened on quite a few games recently which is disappointing.

I wasn’t aware of McLean being booed than any other player. When you’re playing a game like this there’s always going to be a bit of needle and I’d like to think it was primarily driven by football rivalry and not anything more, like some people are alluding to. I’m not saying that there wasn’t a good few idiots who crossed the line btw. Their fans gave a few of our higher profile players a hard time over at the Aviva, similar story here imo.

You must of had a good few scoops Im assuming. 
I can only remember Roberston being booed over in the aviva. Theres a bit of a difference being a top player for one of the biggest clubs in the world though rather than a league 1 jobber who gets booed because of his background. I think you are being naive at best here.

There was a guy behind me last night who was legitimately one of the angriest people I’ve ever seen in my life. Just frothing at the mouth at everything and running down the stairwell at every opportunity. He didn’t come back out for the second half which improved my match day experience. 

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

There was a guy behind me last night who was legitimately one of the angriest people I’ve ever seen in my life. Just frothing at the mouth at everything and running down the stairwell at every opportunity. He didn’t come back out for the second half which improved my match day experience. 

In what way was his anger legitimate???

1 minute ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

He probably just moved closer to the pitch as he had an eye condition….

3 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Marshy not taking his banning well then...........

Scotland games at Hampden have had a bit of a different feel to them post-Euros. More of a young team crowd there, which is a good thing for the most part - the atmosphere has been brilliant at times recently and the Israel game was aggressive/ferocious as f**k (largely down to the game itself of course) in a way that i hadn't heard Hampden for a good while barring that England game. A few years ago there was the real chance of the traditional, older TA lot ageing out of going to games and not really being replaced by younger fans, but that seems to be sorting itself out - i know a lot of folk in their mid-late 20s who make much more of an effort to go now compared to a few years ago even. The SFA deserve credit here too for making the ticket prices very affordable on the whole. 

That said, you are starting to see more of the behaviour mentioned above - some of the stuff last night felt a bit weird. I know folk on here have expressed their own reasons for not being overly fond of James McClean which i get, but the booing did feel a bit gammony and like it was just joining in with the tradition of despising him started by (the worst type of) folk down south. Few stories of Irish fans' experiences on Twitter don't make for great reading either. 

But aye, it's a balancing act - as i like the fact that Hampden is a bit more hostile and raucous again. I've always found the Doh a Deer, helping old ladies cross the road, wha's like us side of the Tartan Army to be a wee bit grating (and i say that as someone who has attended most home games in the last 15 years or so as well as a few away trips) but maybe that's just 'cos i associate it with times when we were getting skelped about on the park. 

Edited by Fratelli

16 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I certainly was aware of the booing of the Ireland No11.

I didn't know who the No11 was but when asked about the disrespect, I speculated that it was Mr McClean and explained about his history.

"But doesn't that make him more like a good guy?" was the question.

We shrugged our shoulders and got on with watching the game.

Reading and being reminded of this nonsense, this Highland citizen remains bamboozled.

Scotland games at Hampden have had a bit of a different feel to them post-Euros. More of a young team crowd there, which is a good thing for the most part - the atmosphere has been brilliant at times recently and the Israel game was aggressive/ferocious as f**k (largely down to the game itself of course) in a way that i hadn't heard Hampden for a good while barring that England game. A few years ago there was the real chance of the traditional, older TA lot ageing out of going to games and not really being replaced by younger fans, but that seems to be sorting itself out - i know a lot of folk in their mid-late 20s who make much more of an effort to go now compared to a few years ago even. The SFA deserve credit here too for making the ticket prices very affordable on the whole. 
That said, you are starting to see more of the behaviour mentioned above - some of the stuff last night felt a bit weird. I know folk on here have expressed their own reasons for not being overly fond of James McClean which i get, but the booing did feel a bit gammony and like it was just joining in with the tradition of despising him started from (the worst type of) folk down south. Few stories of Irish fans' experiences on Twitter don't make for great reading either. 
But aye, it's a balancing act - as i like the fact that Hampden is a bit more hostile and raucous again. I've always found the Doh a Deer, helping old ladies cross the road, wha's like us side of the Tartan Army to be a wee bit grating (and i say that as someone who has attended most home games in the last 15 years or so as well as a few away trips) but maybe that's just 'cos i associate it with times when we were getting skelped about on the park. 
Yeah you've summed it up well

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I certainly was aware of the booing of the Ireland No11.

I didn't know who the No11 was but when asked about the disrespect, I speculated that it was Mr McClean and explained about his history.

"But doesn't that make him more like a good guy?" was the question.

We shrugged our shoulders and got on with watching the game.

Reading and being reminded of this nonsense, this Highland citizen remains bamboozled.

There's an entire thread dedicated to him on here.
Gammon, Jock, Tory, Yoons loathe him because he doesn't wear a poppy.