Jump to content

🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September


Recommended Posts

Just caught up on the thread after last night. Delighted with the result and get it right up all the “Irish” fans in the Scottish sections. 
 

As said Mcgregor was poor, felt Dykes wasn’t great either and Armstrong was a bit anonymous at times.
 

Very pleased with Hickeys performance, a nice headache to have picking between him and Patterson when both are fully fit. John Mcginn was doing John Mcginn things as usual, I wouldn’t be averse to giving him the captaincy full time. 
 

Ireland were out to kick us and I’m not sure if it was evident from the TV coverage but the time wasting after they went 1-0 up was shocking. 
 

Also, shout out to @Yeats.abdn for offering his tickets up for free and refusing to take anything for them! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One of the best things about beating Ireland at any sport is what bad losers they are. Fans, media, players are all cannae take it, always cheated never defeated, cry babies. Getting it up them after a win us great fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I want England, Wales, North and South Ireland to lose every football match they play.

This 100%. Can't stand hearing about wanting all the home nations + ROI to do well. Wanky behaviour.

f**k them. I doubt they could give a flying a f**k about our team either and fair enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Ref shat it regards him. Doherty got away with so many fouls and should’ve been booked far earlier and would’ve probably been sent off eventually under any other ref.

Agreed. Boy’s a class player.

MON practically invented hammer throwing, horrible backwards wee c**t. 

Was on the receiving end of a brief shouty rage from a similar cum-sock stood in front of me, albeit minus his Septic shirt. He didn’t take kindly to me shouting “f**k sake McGregor ya fucking shitebag!” at the Ireland goal. 

“What the fucks he meant to do there likes??!” was the raging reply.

Maybe half a dozen folk around us shouted back “Challenge for the fucking ball!” (or words to that effect) before I had a chance to say it myself so I just pulled a Greggy. 

Other than “Flower of Scotland”, “Cheer Up Gareth Southgate”, and “England Get Battered”, I can’t say I heard too much anti-English singing last night, although when I’m at a match I do tend to zone out of what’s going on around me and just watch the game so I’m not saying there wasn’t any.

It's a rivalry. The English sing about us all the time, we sing about them. They like to pretend it's a one way rivalry.

12 minutes ago, GAD said:

One of the best things about beating Ireland at any sport is what bad losers they are. Fans, media, players are all cannae take it, always cheated never defeated, cry babies. Getting it up them after a win us great fun.

Can definitely see where Celtic get their DNA from. Greeting faced chunts

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

One of the best things about beating Ireland at any sport is what bad losers they are. Fans, media, players are all cannae take it, always cheated never defeated, cry babies. Getting it up them after a win us great fun.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching the first goal back and it's some lovely play by Hendry with his drive forward, the overload by Taylor and Christie and the wee dinked ball in for Hendry is absolutely inch perfect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can almost understand Irish people thinking they deserved something. They did what they set out to do quite well and had a couple of good chances. With green specs on, i can see why they might feel hard done by. 

But Scotland fans thinking we were outplayed or lucky to win? Utter fuckwits. 

The only reason Ireland had any attacks was because of how positive we were and how few players we kept back. I'd much rather we played like that against lesser teams. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

 

Yeah, Scotland would be the best team in the world if the teams we played would just stop scoring more goals than us as well.

Sad thing is that's not even the most mental thing I've seen from them last night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I can almost understand Irish people thinking they deserved something. They did what they set out to do quite well and had a couple of good chances. With green specs on, i can see why they might feel hard done by. 

But Scotland fans thinking we were outplayed or lucky to win? Utter fuckwits. 

The only reason Ireland had any attacks was because of how positive we were and how few players we kept back. I'd much rather we played like that against lesser teams. 

As much as I think Scotland were better than Ireland, the match was won by a totally inexplicable handball late on.

On paper the Scotland team and more so the squad is significantly better than Ireland but neither game really showed that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuinely, Ireland had two good chances last night - the goal and the Parrot one that Gordon saved. They created f**k all else, and frankly both of those chances were down to us giving the ball away in dangerous positions. I also thought they were slightly fortunate not to receive a red card for Cullen. I think if he wasn’t already on a booking, he’d have been booked for the challenge on Hickey.

We’re a technically far superior side to them at the minute. They have a really good goalkeeper, an organised defence, and some pace up front but that’s basically it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, GAD said:

One of the best things about beating Ireland at any sport is what bad losers they are. Fans, media, players are all cannae take it, always cheated never defeated, cry babies. Getting it up them after a win us great fun.

I watched the game on RTE and thought the commentators were complimentary enough  about  Scotland. An irish fans podcast was saying much the same that I was listening to this morning, with the usual morons sending their opinions in. The only time I have really seen what you are claiming was the Thierry Henry handball game which was over a decade ago and the whole country lost the run of themselves. Right now its just a split fanbase between those backing Kenny and those not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I watched the game on RTE and thought the commentators were complimentary enough  about  Scotland. An irish fans podcast was saying much the same that I was listening to this morning, with the usual morons sending their opinions in. The only time I have really seen what you are claiming was the Thierry Henry handball game which was over a decade ago and the whole country lost the run of themselves. Right now its just a split fanbase between those backing Kenny and those not.

RTE, Irish fans podcast, Celtic fan…plastic paddy found 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

I was born in Ireland ffs :lol: Although as I have said on here I don’t feel particularly attached to either country. 

A real paddy! Even worse. 

ETA - I am joking, before certain people take offence

 

Edited by Dons_1988
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...