🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, I thought the point of that thread was that McClean's the good guy and he causes cranial detachment in roasters.

Oh, I see now, not just a personal choice but gnawing at the fetid scabs of @Rio 2and the like.

This is all so strange to me but 

Hello Dolly Lol GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

2 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

The Israel anthem was booed last year as well. Happened on quite a few games recently which is disappointing.

I wasn’t aware of McLean being booed than any other player. When you’re playing a game like this there’s always going to be a bit of needle and I’d like to think it was primarily driven by football rivalry and not anything more, like some people are alluding to. I’m not saying that there wasn’t a good few idiots who crossed the line btw. Their fans gave a few of our higher profile players a hard time over at the Aviva, similar story here imo.

Rightly so. 

1 minute ago, sophia said:

Oh, I see now, not just a personal choice but gnawing at the fetid scabs of @Rio 2and the like.

This is all so strange to me but 

Hello Dolly Lol GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

You have the choice to like or dislike someone or something, as has been displayed on many of the threads on these and other forums, so being called a scab for disliking James McLean is rather confusing! 

Also I don't have a great deal of affection for Ryan Porteous, due to his attitude on and off the park, and think that he is a liability and should not be in the Scotland squad, but I wouldn't be standing in a football ground booing either of them.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why do you wish to suggest it's a problem to a similar extent, wherever you are in Scotland?

It's not.

You have anti catholic organisations throughout Scotland 

But look, see if you’re not willing to accept it’s a Scottish problem then there really isn’t much point having this discussion 

If you want to stick your head in the sand, and play the idiot. Then go for it

2 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

But look, see if you’re not willing to accept it’s a Scottish problem then there really isn’t much point having this discussion 

You're being very silly.

Of course the issue is much more prevalent in some parts of Scotland than others.

It's absolute idiocy to imply otherwise. 

Obviously, you already know that this is the case, but wish, for unclear reasons, to pretend you don't.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're being very silly.

Of course the issue is much more prevalent in some parts of Scotland than others.

It's absolute idiocy to imply otherwise. 

Obviously, you already know that this is the case, but wish, for unclear reasons, to pretend you don't.

Cool

So we agree, it’s a Scottish problem 

Glad that’s been cleared up.

I listened to a few bits and pieces that seemed to suggest that part of the pre-match thinking going into this game was to let Ireland expend a lot of energy in the first half and then push the game more in the 2nd half which I found interesting and is an interpretation that sits well with the general idea that it was a game of two halves.

It was a case of getting through those early stages, making them run, making them tired and hope to take advantage of that later in the game and that’s what we tried to do.

Craig Gordon

You have to understand football, you have to understand that I knew eventually the game would come back to us.

Steve Clarke

Edited by 2426255

I go to most home games and I didn't hear any sectarian stuff at all. I did hear some booing of the Irish anthem which was a bit disappointing but Hampden is a bit more hostile these days finally which I'll not complain about. 

I was in beside some Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts lads and they were noisy and fun. 6% import beer has much to answer for. Was a good night.

10 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Fixed that 

But it’s still a Scottish problem right?

Because it happens in other parts of Scotland

The surrounding area

image.thumb.png.c3972914b4503c74614b63f37bb0514f.png

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Or Fife, or Edinburgh 

Cool

So we agree, it’s a Scottish problem 

Glad that’s been cleared up.

Would you like a nice bit of haddock for your other shoulder? 😂