🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
25 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
What stand was this anti-social behaviour happening in?

I was in the North Stand in the section pretty much right next to the West.

I’ve never heard or seen any of this sort of stuff in the South Stand. Is that the old man’s stand?

26 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

I had to move seat last night after about half an hour as the guy behind me was absolutely unbearable with his shouts. Nothing particularly controversial, just utter nonsense. 

Like pure screaming at the top of his lungs (so in my ear) SEND HIMMMMM!!!! PLAY HIMMMMMM!

COME ONNNNNNNNNN!

GET IT UP THE PARK!!!! FCUKING KEEP THE BALL! COME ONNNMNNNNN!

WHO THE FCUK IS THAT TAE! FCUKING GET HIM AFF! 

FCUKING BOOOOO! 

To be fair, this sounds like me shouting at the telly. 😳

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’ve never heard or seen any of this sort of stuff in the South Stand. Is that the old man’s stand?

I was in the South Upper and I didn’t see or hear any sectarianism either.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think there's often a bit of a tendency among sections.  I think, for instance, that you probably read more chauvinistic rubbish on the TA boards on here, than in most other parts of the site.  

The fact it was this opponent probably played a part, as did the kick off time on a Saturday, which is probably the biggest single factor.  

Scotland fans are definitely decent sorts in the main.  However, there are elements capable of behaving like total dicks.  It sounds like last night, they did.

Funnily enough, it often seems to be the case that the proper tinfoil hat-wearing oddballs on this site have ‘Scotland’ as their chosen team. Which used to signify they were too embarrassed to admit they were Sevco fans (back in the Banter Years) but now signifies that they’re simply lunatics. 

On a lighter note. I was on a bus going back into the centre and it had come to a standstill. A guy wearing a green Scotland goalie top had his back to the window. A drunk Scotland fan eating a  chippy came up the to window and banged it. Pointing to the guy in the goalie top, he comes out with: “A shite Northern Ireland. You’re just a shite Northern Ireland”. Much amusement ensued. 

Edited by qos_75

15 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I was in the South upper for the Ukraine game and it certainly had a ‘family stand’ feel to it, great view though. Sad hearing that some of our players were booed. I guess every teams’ support has their fuckwit element.

28 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
51 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:
What stand was this anti-social behaviour happening in?

I was in the North Stand in the section pretty much right next to the West.

I was in the North Stand as well, near the divide between that and the West Stand.

I heard the booing ( though I thought it seemed more generic rather than targeted at any player, though McClean did get booed taking the corner), singing about England going down, but I didn’t hear the sectarian stuff about Bobby Sands or the Billy Boys - it might be if you were further back than me, but I don’t think it was that widespread across the stand. 

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

What does the Celtic board have to do with a Scotland v Ireland game? Maybe you could take a day off from being angry at everything?

Sorry min, yet again my fonked up brain is angry at everything, just ignore me for the next few days. I will be in "Everything Is Awesome" mode soon. Will still be annoyed at the arse cheeks boards though, 'cos that is my resting bitch face mode.

1 hour ago, Iain said:

To be fair, this sounds like me shouting at the telly. 😳

I saw my neighbours over the fence today, lovely people but they are not into their football. They mentioned that they were able to follow how the game was going because of the noise coming from my house. I should add, I’m home alone. Wife and weans are away for the weekend. I would like to blame alcohol but that’s being a tad unfair to alcohol. If Scotland get much better I may have to move.

13 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

Not surprised folk were acting like aršeholes, boys in front of us doing lines and boozing the entire game. 

These guys aren't interested in football at all. Just there to get wrecked. 

Sounds superb tbf.