🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

13 hours ago, jagfox said:

Doherty is a dirty wee b*****d.

Ref shat it regards him. Doherty got away with so many fouls and should’ve been booked far earlier and would’ve probably been sent off eventually under any other ref.

12 hours ago, jagfox said:

I think Hickey has had a really good game again.

Agreed. Boy’s a class player.

11 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

MON has been a bitter wee arsehole ever since he left Celtic with a big reputation only to be exposed as a chequebook wielding dinosaur at a higher level. 

MON practically invented hammer throwing, horrible backwards wee c**t. 

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

To all the cum-socks who were at the game wearing Sellick shirts...

GIRFUY

Was on the receiving end of a brief shouty rage from a similar cum-sock stood in front of me, albeit minus his Septic shirt. He didn’t take kindly to me shouting “f**k sake McGregor ya fucking shitebag!” at the Ireland goal. 

“What the fucks he meant to do there likes??!” was the raging reply.

Maybe half a dozen folk around us shouted back “Challenge for the fucking ball!” (or words to that effect) before I had a chance to say it myself so I just pulled a Greggy. 

8 hours ago, Buckets said:

I thought we were condemning the anti-English chanting on both sides. I definitely heard both sides singing about fighting the English. Just pointing it out so there is no accusations of double standards. 

Other than “Flower of Scotland”, “Cheer Up Gareth Southgate”, and “England Get Battered”, I can’t say I heard too much anti-English singing last night, although when I’m at a match I do tend to zone out of what’s going on around me and just watch the game so I’m not saying there wasn’t any.

That is two great results and hard working performances back to back. 

Last night was a tough test but the players kept to their task despite a few players not having the best of games. 

The move to a back four has worked our well and its mad there was little drop off with the changes at full back. Hendry and McKenna did well with McTominay doing his best to help out.

The game on Tuesday will present another difficult challenge but Clarke has made decisions that have worked towards getting the results required and I'm confident he can continue the trend on Tuesday.

No guarantees but I'd be disappointed now if we don't top the group but it's not a gimme. 

Just caught up on the thread after last night. Delighted with the result and get it right up all the “Irish” fans in the Scottish sections. 

As said Mcgregor was poor, felt Dykes wasn’t great either and Armstrong was a bit anonymous at times.

Very pleased with Hickeys performance, a nice headache to have picking between him and Patterson when both are fully fit. John Mcginn was doing John Mcginn things as usual, I wouldn’t be averse to giving him the captaincy full time. 

Ireland were out to kick us and I’m not sure if it was evident from the TV coverage but the time wasting after they went 1-0 up was shocking. 

Also, shout out to @Yeats.abdn for offering his tickets up for free and refusing to take anything for them! 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I want England, Wales, North and South Ireland to lose every football match they play.

This 100%. Can't stand hearing about wanting all the home nations + ROI to do well. Wanky behaviour.

f**k them. I doubt they could give a flying a f**k about our team either and fair enough.

53 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Ref shat it regards him. Doherty got away with so many fouls and should’ve been booked far earlier and would’ve probably been sent off eventually under any other ref.

Agreed. Boy’s a class player.

MON practically invented hammer throwing, horrible backwards wee c**t. 

Was on the receiving end of a brief shouty rage from a similar cum-sock stood in front of me, albeit minus his Septic shirt. He didn’t take kindly to me shouting “f**k sake McGregor ya fucking shitebag!” at the Ireland goal. 

“What the fucks he meant to do there likes??!” was the raging reply.

Maybe half a dozen folk around us shouted back “Challenge for the fucking ball!” (or words to that effect) before I had a chance to say it myself so I just pulled a Greggy. 

Other than “Flower of Scotland”, “Cheer Up Gareth Southgate”, and “England Get Battered”, I can’t say I heard too much anti-English singing last night, although when I’m at a match I do tend to zone out of what’s going on around me and just watch the game so I’m not saying there wasn’t any.

It's a rivalry. The English sing about us all the time, we sing about them. They like to pretend it's a one way rivalry.

12 minutes ago, GAD said:

One of the best things about beating Ireland at any sport is what bad losers they are. Fans, media, players are all cannae take it, always cheated never defeated, cry babies. Getting it up them after a win us great fun.

Can definitely see where Celtic get their DNA from. Greeting faced chunts

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

One of the best things about beating Ireland at any sport is what bad losers they are. Fans, media, players are all cannae take it, always cheated never defeated, cry babies. Getting it up them after a win us great fun.

Watching the first goal back and it's some lovely play by Hendry with his drive forward, the overload by Taylor and Christie and the wee dinked ball in for Hendry is absolutely inch perfect.

I can almost understand Irish people thinking they deserved something. They did what they set out to do quite well and had a couple of good chances. With green specs on, i can see why they might feel hard done by. 

But Scotland fans thinking we were outplayed or lucky to win? Utter fuckwits. 

The only reason Ireland had any attacks was because of how positive we were and how few players we kept back. I'd much rather we played like that against lesser teams. 

20 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Yeah, Scotland would be the best team in the world if the teams we played would just stop scoring more goals than us as well.

Sad thing is that's not even the most mental thing I've seen from them last night.

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I can almost understand Irish people thinking they deserved something. They did what they set out to do quite well and had a couple of good chances. With green specs on, i can see why they might feel hard done by. 

But Scotland fans thinking we were outplayed or lucky to win? Utter fuckwits. 

The only reason Ireland had any attacks was because of how positive we were and how few players we kept back. I'd much rather we played like that against lesser teams. 

As much as I think Scotland were better than Ireland, the match was won by a totally inexplicable handball late on.

On paper the Scotland team and more so the squad is significantly better than Ireland but neither game really showed that.

Genuinely, Ireland had two good chances last night - the goal and the Parrot one that Gordon saved. They created f**k all else, and frankly both of those chances were down to us giving the ball away in dangerous positions. I also thought they were slightly fortunate not to receive a red card for Cullen. I think if he wasn’t already on a booking, he’d have been booked for the challenge on Hickey.

We’re a technically far superior side to them at the minute. They have a really good goalkeeper, an organised defence, and some pace up front but that’s basically it.

48 minutes ago, GAD said:

I watched the game on RTE and thought the commentators were complimentary enough  about  Scotland. An irish fans podcast was saying much the same that I was listening to this morning, with the usual morons sending their opinions in. The only time I have really seen what you are claiming was the Thierry Henry handball game which was over a decade ago and the whole country lost the run of themselves. Right now its just a split fanbase between those backing Kenny and those not.

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I watched the game on RTE and thought the commentators were complimentary enough  about  Scotland. An irish fans podcast was saying much the same that I was listening to this morning, with the usual morons sending their opinions in. The only time I have really seen what you are claiming was the Thierry Henry handball game which was over a decade ago and the whole country lost the run of themselves. Right now its just a split fanbase between those backing Kenny and those not.

RTE, Irish fans podcast, Celtic fan…plastic paddy found