🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Is the match available anywhere other than Premier, I've got BT and Sky sports but I refuse to pay another sub to Premier.

Only Premier in the UK. You can add with Sky for 9.99 a month then cancel I think?

Edited by jagfox

I wouldn't be surprised/against a couple of changes for this game. I would want the same line up (bar paterson) for the Ukraine game. 3 games in a short space of time playing with the same press/intensity would be a big ask in my opinion. Even just dykes/fraser coming in for say christe and Adams. 

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Is the match available anywhere other than Premier, I've got BT and Sky sports but I refuse to pay another sub to Premier.

If you can look up how to manually tune RTE2 you might find success

2 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Any pub recommendations for a few afternoon beers Saturday?

Not bothering with any prebooked stuff.

Got a few mates attending who're breaking their Scotland game virginity. One certainly off the back of the Euros excitement! He's not that into club football but now invested in Scotland!

Always found International bar on Aikenhead Road a safe bet, albeit haven’t really tried anywhere else. Cash only being the only downfall (for me anyway!)

I think we all want to see the team stay the same with the exception of Hickey for Patterson, but if Clarke's gonna rotate some players could this be the game he does it in? Isn't Ukraine the important one if they beat Armenia as expected?

12 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

We don't really gain much for winning this game so I'd be fine with a draw.

I won’t be mad if we draw but it’s been outlined by other posters that there are multiple reasons why winning is important 

- Depending on the Ukraine result, a win could seal the group 

- If we win tomorrow we have a fantastic chance of being in pot 2 even if we lose to Ukraine in midweek and finish 2nd.

- Winning the group with more points improves our chances at a home SF in the playoffs 

Just now, accies1874 said:

I think we all want to see the team stay the same with the exception of Hickey for Patterson, but if Clarke's gonna rotate some players could this be the game he does it in? Isn't Ukraine the important one if they beat Armenia as expected?

I would guess we might see the 5 subs rule to this effect. Say if we are 1-0 up after an hour, Clarke would be smart to take a bunch of crucial players off, safe in the knowledge that a 1-1 draw is a decent result. 

If Ukraine drop points in the early game we need to go all out to beat Ireland. I’ve got a sneaky feeling they might shit the bed against Armenia. 

1 hour ago, Donathan said:

I won’t be mad if we draw but it’s been outlined by other posters that there are multiple reasons why winning is important 

- Depending on the Ukraine result, a win could seal the group 

- If we win tomorrow we have a fantastic chance of being in pot 2 even if we lose to Ukraine in midweek and finish 2nd.

- Winning the group with more points improves our chances at a home SF in the playoffs 

Fair enough. I wasn't aware of all that truth be told.