🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

17 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

surely we are not worried about ireland after last nights performance? i know it doesn't guarantee f**k all but we shouldn't have any nerves about this game, standard 3 points

You would presume and so do I, however this could be a verbatim quote from just about the whole fanbase before the last game. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Wasn’t that at Celtic park? Might’ve been the goal where we turned into prime Barca from a corner

Yup, was played at Celtic Park as Hampden was being used for something else (athletics or a gig perhaps?) and it was indeed that goal (which was indeed brilliant).

Edited by DA Baracus

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yup, was played at Celtic Park as Hampden was being used for something else (athletics or a gig perhaps?) and it was indeed that goal (which was indeed brilliant).

Commonwealth Games I think. 

I don't think we'll need to replace Patterson if we stick with a back four but I wouldn't mind Anderson getting called up to replace Turnbull. Would be fine with McKay too.

Considering we had a lot of attacking options on the park last night, it'd be handy to have one or two extra on the bench if the going gets tough, so one of those two plus Conway if it's true about him getting promoted.

I don't think we'll need to replace Patterson if we stick with a back four but I wouldn't mind Anderson getting called up to replace Turnbull. Would be fine with McKay too.

Considering we had a lot of attacking options on the park last night, it'd be handy to have one or two extra on the bench if the going gets tough, so one of those two plus Conway if it's true about him getting promoted.
Is Turnbull out?

On 21/09/2022 at 13:18, Honest_Man#1 said:

These are still available FYI.

5 minutes ago, dezz said:

Probably a bit of a long shot, but I have a mate looking for a ticket for this one. Anyone got a spare going?

East Stand would be preferable, but will take one anywhere.

Maybe this guy can help

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke said after the game he'd picked up a knock with Celtic on Sunday and hadn't been able to shake it. He's going back to them to recuperate.

Thanks. He's not really getting going for Scotland, is he? He's not really hitting the heights at Celtic either, so perhaps that should come first and the Scotland opportunities (injuries aside) will follow.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Noticed Anderson isn't playing for the under 21s today. No idea if that means he's injured or potentially going up to the main team. Probably more likely to be the former.

Also saw a headline saying he's considering going back to England so maybe that's why he's not been picked? 

3 hours ago, The Algebraist said:

You would presume and so do I, however this could be a verbatim quote from just about the whole fanbase before the last game. 

Watched most of the match last night by virtue of there being no other football whatsoever on the telly last night, very good performance from Scotland and we expect a tough game. I'm confident of us putting in a good performance so we'll see who edges it then.

Heading over for this one myself, haven't been to Glasgow since the 2014 game in Parkhead, looking forward to it!

Hoping for a bit of the old...."Eamonn Andrews, Val Doonican, Paddy Maloney, Mick The Marmaliser, Michael Flateley, Paddy McGinty and his goat...can you hear me, his goat ? The Clancy Brothers, Dave Allen, Charlie Tully......your boys took a helluva beating tonight " come Saturday but I won't be holding my breath. !

On a Jolly Boys int' Heilands this weekend. Saturday promises to be an all-dayer, so given my age and lack of ability to keep going anymore I may keep my powder dry until early evening just to make sure I'm not in a dribbling heap in some corner by kick-off time. 

Gerrintae thum !!!!

21 hours ago, smpar said:

Should be able to get a space around Kings Park, leaving a 15 minute(ish) walk. Parking won’t be permitted if you’re too close to Hampden so you might find a place around Mennock Road.

20 hours ago, velo army said:

As said above king's park is a shout. Kingsacre Road there's usually spaces, but obviously don't leave it too late. It's a lovely walk down the hill to the stadium. Great view over the city (I used to live on that street).

Cheers lads