🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

Technically a win or a draw makes no difference to our chances of qualifying if Ukraine beat Armenia, but a loss would be disastrous. Having said that I hope SC doesn’t play for a point. Go all out to keep the momentum going and if we get the win, we might even get lucky and have Armenia do us a solid to wrap the group up on Saturday. If that happens then we could give some younger guys a game in Kracow. 

I just realised the Armenia v Ukraine game on Saturday is at 2pm and we don’t play Ireland until 7:45pm. 

I wonder if Clarke’s tactics will change based on the result of that game. If Ukraine drop points, we go all out to win and secure the group on Saturday night. If Ukraine win, then the key objective on Saturday is to avoid defeat. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

I have more faith in Andy Robertson scoring against Ireland than I do Armenia beating Ukraine. They're an abysmal side.

They won’t. We need to prepare for the next two games on the assumption that Ukraine will take care of business in Armenia.

It’s a slightly weird situation that we will actually need more from the Ireland game if results go our way than we will if they don’t go our way. If Ukraine do beat Armenia on Saturday afternoon then we are completely indifferent between a win and a draw on Saturday night. 

19 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:

I think the Irish will be quietly worried about this trip to Hampden. We've hit our stride again and they'll struggle to cope with us if we turn up like that again. 

They just took their chances much better than us that day. It’s a bit like the Czech game in the euros where we should have won based on xG but were dreadful in front of goal while the opposition really were clinical on the day. 

I’d back us to win 2-0. 

Managed to secure two tickets for this. Where’s best to park if I’m in the south stand? 

Should be able to get a space around Kings Park, leaving a 15 minute(ish) walk. Parking won’t be permitted if you’re too close to Hampden so you might find a place around Mennock Road.

This is our first game against Ireland at Hampden in 19 years (a 0-2 friendly loss in February 2003, Kevin Kilbane and Clinton Morrison scoring).

It's the first competitive game against Ireland at Hampden for 35 years (a 0-1 loss in a Euro qualifier in February 1987, Mark Lawrenson scoring).

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

This is our first game against Ireland at Hampden in 19 years (a 0-2 friendly loss in February 2003, Kevin Kilbane and Clinton Morrison scoring).

It's the first competitive game against Ireland at Hampden for 35 years (a 0-1 loss in a Euro qualifier in February 1987, Mark Lawrenson scoring).

We beat them 1-0 about a decade ago. Shaun Maloney scored IIRC 

Aye it was the Ill-fated 2016 Euros qualifiers when we finished 4th in the group 3 points behind them despite taking 4 from 6 off them.

Edited by TheScarf

2 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

I think the Irish will be quietly worried about this trip to Hampden. We've hit our stride again and they'll struggle to cope with us if we turn up like that again. 

surely we are not worried about ireland after last nights performance? i know it doesn't guarantee f**k all but we shouldn't have any nerves about this game, standard 3 points

3 hours ago, Wasps1878 said:

Managed to secure two tickets for this. Where’s best to park if I’m in the south stand? 

As said above king's park is a shout. Kingsacre Road there's usually spaces, but obviously don't leave it too late. It's a lovely walk down the hill to the stadium. Great view over the city (I used to live on that street).