🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇮🇪 Ireland 🍀 - 24th September

After the absolute mauling in Dublin, I’m hoping that Scotland are looking for revenge come September.

Ukraine game is first, but this is the Saturday night game, and the one I’m attending. 

I’ve got tickets for the Upper South Stand. I have never been seated there before for a game. I’ve been in every other area of the ground. What’s the view/atmosphere like up there?

I’m hoping we’ve got our mojo back by the time this game comes around. The games against Ukraine and Ireland in June were absolute poison. Could do without a repeat.

Who is going to this?

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m hoping we’ve got our mojo back by the time this game comes around. The games against Ukraine and Ireland in June were absolute poison. Could do without a repeat.

The second Armenia game wasn't any better until they went feral.

But, that was a bizarre international window for a number of sides. While some of the performances were dire, the Nations League results weren't completely disastrous, so fingers crossed that the team can do the necessary in these games.

On 22/07/2022 at 15:04, Scary Bear said:

I’ve got tickets for the Upper South Stand. I have never been seated there before for a game. I’ve been in every other area of the ground. What’s the view/atmosphere like up there?

In all seriousness it depends on your eyesight.

Personally speaking it is my favourite section and the view is second to none.

Met many who agree with me but also a number of people who think it is too far from the pitch and a couple who have been in the South Upper once and don't plan on going back - but it's a definite thumbs up from me.

Edited by Anfield 1977
error

On 22/07/2022 at 17:28, BFTD said:

The second Armenia game wasn't any better until they went feral.

But, that was a bizarre international window for a number of sides. While some of the performances were dire, the Nations League results weren't completely disastrous, so fingers crossed that the team can do the necessary in these games.

Exactly. Our NL results were far less catastrophic than the likes of France, England, Slovenia, Sweden, or Slovakia.

We could quite easily come top of the group, though it’s probably most likely we’ll contrive to come second. That’s not ideal for EQC seeding, but it would avoid the games of Group A that come with promotion…

2 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Exactly. Our NL results were far less catastrophic than the likes of France, England, Slovenia, Sweden, or Slovakia.

We could quite easily come top of the group, though it’s probably most likely we’ll contrive to come second. That’s not ideal for EQC seeding, but it would avoid the games of Group A that come with promotion…

Amongst all the other summer chaos, Slovakia getting scudded home and away by Kazakhstan deserved a little more attention! We weren't quite that bad.

Yeah, assuming we can beat Ireland at home (which, please God...), we'll need four points against Ukraine, which everybody would've expected at the beginning. We know they've got it in them, so here's hoping the squad and manager are on good form.

As others have said, that last window is probably one a lot of nations want to forget.  It's just really unfortunate for us that instead of having Nations League games that are just pretty important, we also had an incredibly important playoff too to f**k up.  We should have a more settled squad, presumably fresher, and I'd expect us to get positive results in the remainder of our games.  This time just need to remember not to immediately get on our knees and start flagellating ourselves mercilessly in front of Ukraine like Wales didn't.

11 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I mean, I think playing regular games against the top sides in Europe is exactly what we need to improve further. The best we could probably hope for would be to avoid relegation and we would absolutely be favourites to finish bottom of our group and be relegated, but I think promotion to league A is absolutely a positive for more reasons than just seeding and playoffs. 

On 24/07/2022 at 23:46, BFTD said:

Yeah, assuming we can beat Ireland at home (which, please God...), we'll need four points against Ukraine, which everybody would've expected at the beginning. 

I didn't expect to get four points from Ukraine at the beginning of the Nations League. If we are able to take four points from Ukraine we will have done very well in my opinion - I don't see their National Team as inferior to ours in any way.

Edited by 2426255

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how it works if I get the chance to buy tickets on Wednesday. I already have a couple for me and my youngest son as part of the 4 match package. We are both SFA supporters club members.

My older son is looking to go if he can get a ticket. I have said I will try at 10am tomorrow as he will be at work. Will I be able to buy them through my account? 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It sounds like it - it's max 4 per person so if you only have one each then I don't see why not. The tickets won't be next to you unless you're very lucky though.

Cheers for that. I very much doubt we will manage to get tickets together but he’s old enough to sit elsewhere. 
I am hopeful he will drive me through if he gets a ticket. 

• 2 weeks later...