£1 million reward for briefcase lost in Edinburgh

When you work in a university you regularly get crackpots sending round their proofs of inventing perpetual motion or creating fuel from water. I wonder if this is a more elaborate version of that, where he's getting publicity for his magic bean theory.

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

When you work in a university you regularly get crackpots sending round their proofs of inventing perpetual motion or creating fuel from water. I wonder if this is a more elaborate version of that, where he's getting publicity for his magic bean theory.

If he has proof then how can it be crackpot?  Surely it’s just a theory if it’s crackpot.

The briefcase contains the original copy of a P&B Qualified Historian's degree dissertation.

Hopefully not mine. "The dilemmas of a colonial governor: Governors Bernard and Hutchinson in pre-Revolution Massachusetts" wasn't my finest hour tbh 

• 1 year later...

I see that the thread discussing the lost crocodile leather briefcase in Edinburgh is a year old. It's interesting to revisit such stories and wonder about the outcome. Whether it's a valuable scientific paper or something else entirely, the mystery adds an element of intrigue.
If you're interested in leather craftsmanship, even after a year, you might still enjoy exploring https://vonbaer.com/blogs/blog/leather . They share timeless insights into the world of leather and its various applications.
Let's hope there's a resolution to the briefcase mystery, and that its contents prove to be as intriguing as the story itself!

Edited by Mohawkay

15 minutes ago, Mohawkay said:

I see that the thread discussing the lost crocodile leather briefcase in Edinburgh is a year old. It's interesting to revisit such stories and wonder about the outcome. Whether it's a valuable scientific paper or something else entirely, the mystery adds an element of intrigue.

Okay.  With interest rates where they are, you will get the million plus another £70,000 if you return the briefcase now.

Is that the answer you were looking for?

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

Some posts in the gender thread which has since been locked. @1320Lichtie posted much worse and avoided a ban. 

Ta.

HB was a good poster back in the day. His tangling with some idiot Labour MP who I forget the name of right now was a highlight. Shame he returned as a complete tin foil hat wearer.