BBC's Grovelling Apology

1 minute ago, Clown Job said:

Worth a reminder who they hired after Jim Traynor left 

Clicky

Rangers appoint senior Orange Order figure and DUP councillor as their new head of communications

He is also listed as a member of the Royal Black Preceptory – a secretive Protestant fraternal society.

It’s believed he has stood unsuccessfully for a place on the board of the Rangers’ fan group Club 1872 in the past and he has little formal experience of employment in the mainstream media.

They hired an anti catholic, homophobe with no experience for the job.

Where does the homophobe part come into what you have posted ? genuinely can’t work it out from what you have posted unless I am missing some major news story or something that I am unaware of ?

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

ETA - frustrating because you largely see this behaviour from otherwise reasonable people. 

That is the frustration.

We know that there are raging bigots among the support, but with occasional exceptions, the Rangers fans on here are generally alright.

However, when it comes to this , the scoring of points seems to override any notions of decency for some of them.

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s frustrating because I doubt they can see what they’re doing, it’s all just part of the rivalry isn’t it? 

ETA - frustrating because you largely see this behaviour from otherwise reasonable people. 

I think you fundamentally misunderstand.

The aberration is not when they out themselves as bigots. It's when they hide it.

If someone is a Rangers supporter, this stuff is always, always, always there.

9 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Where does the homophobe part come into what you have posted ? genuinely can’t work it out from what you have posted unless I am missing some major news story or something that I am unaware of ?

Probably from being a DUP member, given their leanings.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The fact that Rangers are framing it in this way, again just totally undermines any claim that the club does everything it can to counter sectarianism.  

This dispute arose due to an entirely accurate report about arrests for sectarian behaviour.  The club's reaction was to ban the reporter concerned from working at Ibrox, hold out for years, then claim victory, aided by that snivelling BBC statement. 

Rangers doesn't want to combat sectarianism; it'd rather defend it. 

Textbook gaslighting. 

13 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Exactly what @stressball said. The DUP are nasty fuckers when it comes to gay rights.

23 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

At least you seem to agree with the rest of the post.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

At least you seem to agree with the rest of the post.

Well I can see his angle because it mentions the orange order . The Homophobe part just seemed to be thrown in there so couldn’t make sense of it 

Explained a bit more with the DUP angle 

14 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Thank goodness Sir Richard of Gordon isn't around to see this.  

He'll still be doing Sunday Sportsound, which means he'll almost certainly take his seat in the Ibrox press box to present coverage on Sunday 1st January*.

*Subject to Sky/police.

Edited by The Master

I thought the post with the Humza tweet in it was pretty funny tbh. The currants on here are having an absolute field day with a'body.

This whole saga gets a Partridge shrug from me. I know it's disgraceful and a humiliating climb down, but it's not remotely fucking surprising. The BBC have had their tongues in the OF ring-piece for as long as I can remember. 

23 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The thing with dealing with Rangers fans, any Rangers fan, is that you're dealing with someone who has thrown their lot in with a club that is, has always been, and clearly always wants to be bigoted from top to bottom. There's no pretense of integrity or any kind of ambition to be socially acceptable.

Everyone knows what Rangers are, everyone knows they revel in it. Nobody supports Rangers with their eyes shut or their naivety intact.

I rarely feel comfortable broad-brushing groups of people. But I grew up in Scotland, I've attended dozens of Rangers matches, I know lots of Rangers supporters. When I meet a Rangers fan, I know I'm dealing with a bigot, or, at very, very best, someone fine with supporting a club everybody knows is dripping with bigotry.

You'll get no contrition from any of them. Because they think being bigots is fine. That's why they support Rangers.

"Everyone knows what Rangers are"...seemingly you don't because it would be "Everyone knows what Rangers were" because they died as of 2012.

You managed to mention the dead team's name eight times in that post.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

16 hours ago, G51 said:

and after that we went on to have the greatest european campaign by a scottish club in living memory

Sevco's "European campaign" should've end in July or early August when Sevco were pumped by Malmo but were instead parachuted (as always) into the Consolation Cup where Sevco's "European campaigns", under normal circumstances, would've been ended by Dortmund but due to a lucky break with Covid leaving  the Westfalenstadion practically empty whilst Snake Mountain was rammed with the same mutants that sat back and watched the old team die in 2012.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tears after the penalty shoot-out defeat though.

Even the BBC 's own framing of the story under News and Scottish Football on their own website is servile in nature.

It does nothing to water down the idea that the BBC accepts it was in the wrong in this dispute.  Why on earth its statement needed to repeat apologies for other, unrelated incidents, I've no idea.  The fact that it does, without any repeated defence of their reporter's work on the occasion in question, is pretty deplorable. 

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I thought the post with the Humza tweet in it was pretty funny tbh. The currants on here are having an absolute field day with a'body.

Aye it was a bit of parody I think that some are taking far too literally and much too seriously 

I just took it along the exact same lines of the usual old “those Protestants , up to no good as usual “ father ted memes . Which if used right is always funny 

Edited by Forever_blueco