BBC's Grovelling Apology

23 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Everytime a decent ish OF fan turns up their mask always inevitably slips within a few months.

I don't know that a mask slips.  I just think that for OF fans, triumphalism is a big part of the appeal.  

Therefore, when pressed on anything, be it sectarianism or dodgy titles, it's easier to just say 'nah nah, we won'. 

On 20/07/2022 at 11:38, AndyM said:

Your friend has my sympathy. This stems from a hissy fit thrown at Ibrox post financial meltdown stirred up by the reprehensible Traynor that carried on after he departed.

The BBC shouldn't be apologising for anything. Clubs should be in no position to pick and choose what journalists report on them for a network. Even at his most megalomanic whilst he issued temporary bans to papers I  don't even thing Sir Alex Ferguson tried to ban a network from Old Trafford.

Rangers only “banned” McLaughlin. BBC Scotland chose not properly cover the club during this whole situation. 

at least get the facts right ffs 

17 hours ago, matt1872 said:

Rangers only “banned” McLaughlin. BBC Scotland chose not properly cover the club during this whole situation. 

at least get the facts right ffs 

How could they properly cover RFC when they banned it’s employee from attending games?

On 31/07/2022 at 09:44, Clown Job said:

How could they properly cover RFC when they banned it’s employee from attending games?

By sending someone else obviously. 

it wasn’t one issue as well from what I recall it was a culmination of multiple incidents of poor editorial standards at the time so I can’t sit here and say that Rangers were unjustified. 

I also can’t blame for a period of choosing to do what they had done in backing their employee. 

it’s clear that many in this thread have viewed this with their own biases rather than looking at the actual facts of the matter 

1 minute ago, matt1872 said:

it wasn’t one issue as well from what I recall it was a culmination of multiple incidents of poor editorial standards at the time so I can’t sit here and say that Rangers were unjustified. 

I also can’t blame for a period of choosing to do what they had done in backing their employee. 

it’s clear that many in this thread have viewed this with their own biases rather than looking at the actual facts of the matter 

Can you list the "multiple incidents of poor editorial standards at the time"? So we can look at the actual facts of the matter, of course...

5 minutes ago, matt1872 said:

You're right. I've had a long hard think, looked myself in the mirror, asked myself some difficult questions and decided I would still raze Ibrox to the ground.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're right. I've had a long hard think, looked myself in the mirror, asked myself some difficult questions and decided I would still raze Ibrox to the ground.

Such a waste. Fill it with Sarin on an OF matchday. 

3 hours ago, matt1872 said:

You're right.

I'm biased against sectarianism and would rather live in a place where the national broadcaster can report instances of it without facing 'sanctions'. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Which part of the BBC were in the wrong do you lot not get?

FYGQPlBWIAAy-Ev?format=jpg&name=small

Are the BBC not referring to the apology that Michael Stewart had to give for upsetting Jabba's lawyers? 

I can't recall them ever having apologised for their truthful reporting of sectarian singing that Rangers would rather sweep away.  

I'm sure there will be a public record of this apology and / or admission somewhere that you can share with us all? 

That reads to me like

"Rangers want to be on telly again so will hypothetically let Chris McGlaughlin back in and we can all go back to normal. But Rangers fans are really weird about this stuff and quite thick so we'll make a general statement that really refers to Stewart/ Jabba but the thick c***s will see as vindication of their imagined oppression "

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Are the BBC not referring to the apology that Michael Stewart had to give for upsetting Jabba's lawyers

I can't recall them ever having apologised for their truthful reporting of sectarian singing that Rangers would rather sweep away.  

I'm sure there will be a public record of this apology and / or admission somewhere that you can share with us all? 

That reads to me like

"Rangers want to be on telly again so will hypothetically let Chris McGlaughlin back in and we can all go back to normal. But Rangers fans are really weird about this stuff and quite thick so we'll make a general statement that really refers to Stewart/ Jabba but the thick c***s will see as vindication of their imagined oppression "

The apology states that they lacked accuracy, balance and editorial standards on multiple occasions. 

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

The apology states that they lacked accuracy, balance and editorial standards on multiple occasions. 

Mccoist 2011, Issedane on Morelos xfer 2018, Michael Stewart tells it like it is. 

All apologised for. None were the subject of the dispute. 

There is no apology for mcglaughlins reporting. Rangers "lost" their dispute

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Mccoist 2011, Issedane on Morelos xfer 2018, Michael Stewart tells it like it is. 

All apologised for. None were the subject of the dispute. 

There is no apology for mcglaughlins reporting. Rangers "lost" their dispute

That's why the BBC acknowledged that they were in the wrong and apologised for it.

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

That's why the BBC acknowledged that they were in the wrong and apologised for it.

You keep saying there were multiple occasions of inaccurate  reporting…

Yet when asked to name them the Rangers fans on the board all become completely incapable of providing the incidents…

1 minute ago, stressball said:

You keep saying there were multiple occasions of inaccurate  reporting…

Yet when asked to name them the Rangers fans on the board all become completely incapable of providing the incidents…

I think i've provided an exhaustive list. 

The transfer one is truly pathetic and no other club would have complained about it. Imagine a world where all incorrect transfer gossip merited an apology. 

Michael Stewart was out of order (or at least too candid and blunt) but he was a guest on radio and not editorialising or reporting on behalf of the BBC. 

I don't know much about the McCoist one but it sounds like standard documentary creative editing and probably out of order. 

It's a really intensive campaign of harassment and hate and i don't know how the poor wee things can sleep at night.