Current French Covid Rules.

Flying to France next week, doing some research re entry requirements and getting mixed messages.

Both myself and my wife are fully vaccinated plus boosted but the 3 children are not?

Seems to suggest any children over 11yrs need to have a negative antigen test? Is this the case, can anyone who has gone recently shed some light? E.g did the arlines and border control insist?

Thanks...

3 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Flying to France next week, doing some research re entry requirements and getting mixed messages.

Both myself and my wife are fully vaccinated plus boosted but the 3 children are not?

Seems to suggest any children over 11yrs need to have a negative antigen test? Is this the case, can anyone who has gone recently shed some light? E.g did the arlines and border control insist?

Thanks...

Not long back from France. 

Basically everyone aged 12 and over needs to be fully vaccinated or have a recent PCR/antigen test.

Fully vaccinated means at least double jabbed. The last injection being no longer than 9 months ago. The NHS covid vaccination certificate (paper or digital) is accepted as proof.

We travelled by ferry and for what it's worth...no covid docs were asked for at either end.

However just in case..........from the French consulate website

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France

"Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours old or an antigen test less than 48 hours old before departure (departure of the first flight when the journey includes a connection), "

and

"Children under 12 are exempt from these formalities"

Not long back from France. 
Basically everyone aged 12 and over needs to be fully vaccinated or have a recent PCR/antigen test.
Fully vaccinated means at least double jabbed. The last injection being no longer than 9 months ago. The NHS covid vaccination certificate (paper or digital) is accepted as proof.
We travelled by ferry and for what it's worth...no covid docs were asked for at either end.
However just in case..........from the French consulate website
https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918#t1-Travelling-from-the-UK-to-France
"Unvaccinated travellers must present a negative result of a PCR test less than 72 hours old or an antigen test less than 48 hours old before departure (departure of the first flight when the journey includes a connection), "
and
"Children under 12 are exempt from these formalities"

Thank you, very helpful

I'm going to guess there's a lot of people going to fall foul of the 9 months rule. We go out Aug 12th and my wife's last jab (her 3rd) will have been 9 months, 20 days ago. 
I think she will be ok? Does the booster job not have to be within 9 months of the 2 primary vaccinations? Not sure there is a booster expiry. Could be wrong?

On 19/07/2022 at 22:12, John Lambies Doos said:
On 19/07/2022 at 16:17, Newbornbairn said:
I'm going to guess there's a lot of people going to fall foul of the 9 months rule. We go out Aug 12th and my wife's last jab (her 3rd) will have been 9 months, 20 days ago. 

I think she will be ok? Does the booster job not have to be within 9 months of the 2 primary vaccinations? Not sure there is a booster expiry. Could be wrong?

So far, I'm pretty sure it's only the second dose that has the expiry. Not aware of any expiry date on the booster vaccine yet. 

It may well come in time, but I'm yet to see one. 

• 2 weeks later...

From 1 August 2022, all COVID-19 travel restrictions for travellers to France have been lifted. The rules that previous applied to travellers coming to France no longer apply:

you are no longer required to present proof of vaccination
you are no longer required to fill out any forms prior to your arrival in France, such as a justification for travel or a sworn statement
you are no longer required to show proof of a negative PCR or antigen test upon arrival in France

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements