Rangers B 2022/23 thread

edinabear

42 minutes ago, edinabear said:

What debts? We are Sevcoooooooo 

Correct. It’s nice to see some of you acknowledge this instead of the big 55 charade. It’s so over the top and cringeworthy you would have to be out yer nut to tag along with it. I use that expression as that’s how I envisage a decent percentage of the ‘Billy boys’.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a Rangers supporter but seeing today’s team selection at Berwick I can see why most of the other teams in the league are against B teams being included.

If you are fortunate,as Berwick were today, to meet a B team when they playing a weakened team it is unfair to clubs who meet them when they turn up with a full complement of their squad.

I think they should have to name a limited squad before the season starts and only field players from that list.

7 hours ago, Number seven said:

I am a Rangers supporter but seeing today’s team selection at Berwick I can see why most of the other teams in the league are against B teams being included.

If you are fortunate,as Berwick were today, to meet a B team when they playing a weakened team it is unfair to clubs who meet them when they turn up with a full complement of their squad.

I think they should have to name a limited squad before the season starts and only field players from that list.

This encompasses precisely why the Colt Teams should be nowhere near a competitive league setup. 

It spotlights they are in this league to give said clubs a foothold in the Scottish Leagues if a Pan-European League setup evolves. 

9 hours ago, Number seven said:

I see many reasons to be against B-teams, but the above is one of the worst things. Same in The Netherlands, if you play for example Ajax B just before Ajax have a major midweek game, chances are you'll play a glorified U19 team. Yet if you play them when Ajax don't have a game in the next few days (especially when the first team already played that weekend), you could end up facing a really strong side.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I see many reasons to be against B-teams, but the above is one of the worst things. Same in The Netherlands, if you play for example Ajax B just before Ajax have a major midweek game, chances are you'll play a glorified U19 team. Yet if you play them when Ajax don't have a game in the next few days (especially when the first team already played that weekend), you could end up facing a really strong side.

And that is fair?

13 hours ago, Number seven said:

I was off the same thinking that it was yet another piss take but when you look at their last 3 games there was only 1 change from the team that beat Tranent last week and 7 of yesterday's team beat Cowdenbeath in the previous match.

Maybes need to give Berwick a bit credit here. 

26 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Brilliant.

Meanwhile Rangers continue to produce second rate players only fit for lower league football.

Progress it is not.

Could you maybe expand on what your thoughts are on the Colts and where they should play?

The rest of Scottish Football is not there for the benefit of a few clubs, which is how your comment comes across.

39 minutes ago, Number seven said:

Brilliant.

Meanwhile Rangers continue to produce second rate players only fit for lower league football.

Progress it is not.

Youth football has been, and always will be a crapshoot. The biggest academies in the world, and ones like Man City dipping into multiple clubs, fail the vast majority of the time. 

Rangers have had youth players come through that have been picked up by those with deeper pockets, or float around their own first team where they are understandably edged out by older players with more experience or the shiny new toy. With the rest finding their level from full-time football all the way down, and sometimes out of the game entirely.

20 hours ago, Number seven said:

They do Celtic had a squad of 42 no idea how much Rangers and Hearts listed.

• 2 weeks later...