Rangers B 2022/23 thread

edinabear

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

They did post a 44 player squad so I suppose a high number of subs is to be expected. At least they can’t get a game called off to due to an injury crisis. !

With 44 players, they shouldn't be getting games called off for any reason. That they are allowed to prioritise international call ups and European matches over the LL only serves to increase the farce of their involvement in that league. If their parent club hadn't pulled out of the Reserve League and helped bring about  its demise, the colts side could have been in that. A bit more of a test than against some of the LL strugglers.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

12 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

With 44 players, they shouldn't be getting games called off for any reason. That they are allowed to prioritise international call ups and European matches over the LL only serves to increase the farce of their involvement in that league. If their parent club hadn't pulled out of the Reserve League and helped bring about  its demise, the colts side could have been in that. A bit more of a test than against some of the LL strugglers.

Was this not more that other side's complained that one week they were facing a strong rangers side but the next, due to call ups, was much weaker. This was at the request of the other teams 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2022 at 09:37, edinabear said:

Was this not more that other side's complained that one week they were facing a strong rangers side but the next, due to call ups, was much weaker. This was at the request of the other teams 

Whoda thunk that colts teams would be of differing strengths one week after another?  It's the very nature of reserve teams.

They should be playing the season with the pool they have, and it shouldn't be as many as 44. It seems like the LL will change anything to ensure the colts can be accommodated. The postponements will result in teams with little cash playing in midweek with fewer paying customers and potentially depleted squads.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I thought that was maybes in the rules,licensing and all that. 

Could be way off the mark though. 

The B team wouldn't fall into the licencing standards. Don't think the LL rules cover that aspect. It would have been something the Lowland would have had to request as part of the Guest team standards (like the two Board members at games). Doubt they'd have thought to spell out something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2022 at 14:22, FairWeatherFan said:

The B team wouldn't fall into the licencing standards. Don't think the LL rules cover that aspect. It would have been something the Lowland would have had to request as part of the Guest team standards (like the two Board members at games). Doubt they'd have thought to spell out something like that.

They must fall under the license standards as they have to play at licensed grounds.

They are by default licensed clubs in their own right as their part of licensed clubs.

28 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

They must fall under the license standards

Rangers do.

they have to play at licensed grounds.

Doesn't exist. Only grounds that meet licencing standards. Even then some teams that play at the same ground don't have the same access of the facility.

They are by default licensed clubs in their own right as their part of licensed clubs.

Rangers B are ultimately a guest team where the only rules that apply to them are those imposed by the LL Board not licencing standards.

When you play Uni of Stirling at Forthbank, there is no catering, no tannoy, no stewards and no turnstile in use (just a group of what look like 1st year students taking cash at a table). Totally different from playing Stirling Albion there.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Rangers do.

Doesn't exist. Only grounds that meet licencing standards. Even then some teams that play at the same ground don't have the same access of the facility.

Rangers B are ultimately a guest team where the only rules that apply to them are those imposed by the LL Board not licencing standards.

If they could get away without licensed grounds why don’t they just play at their training grounds?

I’ve been at all 3 of our B team games.

At Whitehill all the things you would get at a Welfare games were available against Hearts B.

At both the Excelsior and the Rock they had the normal catering available, only the 2 bars which are open for Airdrie and Dumbarton games were closed.

I have many gripes on B teams being there but I couldn’t knock them for facilities.

Much better than what Stirling Uni offer at Forthbank.

At the end of the day I would be glad to see the back of the B teams.

17 hours ago, PELE said:

When you play Uni of Stirling at Forthbank, there is no catering, no tannoy, no stewards and no turnstile in use (just a group of what look like 1st year students taking cash at a table). Totally different from playing Stirling Albion there.

There's always Morrisons I was told to go there. I did manage to get into the stadium albeit early and manage a wander around the corridors and was even offered tea and biscuits before taking my seat :lol:

I went to see Uni v Spartans at Forthbank a few years ago (when Shelley Kerr was boss).

I got a coffee from the rickety table and was fishing around for a carton of milk to put in it when I noticed they were all out of date, by a decent margin 😆

To be fair, they were ok with having to chuck a complete box out. Dread to think how many had not noticed over the preceding days/weeks though.

On 30/12/2022 at 16:02, Footballfirst said:

Celtic B 5-2 Rangers B at Celtic park this afternoon.

Rangers not quite as good as they think they are?

Can only go by the first half (left at halftime 1-1 because of sub zero temperature)

Seriously thought if this is the B teams i dread to think what the rest of the league is like.