Rangers B 2022/23 thread

edinabear

Another interesting season ahead for the B team. Significant investment in the squad but a few like Lowry and King now in the 1st team. 

I think Rangers will win the league this year and the SPFL will expand League 2 and let them up.

Exciting times ahead

9 hours ago, edinabear said:

Another interesting season ahead for the B team. Significant investment in the squad but a few like Lowry and King now in the 1st team. 

I think Rangers will win the league this year and the SPFL will expand League 2 and let them up.

Exciting times ahead

Easily excited.

I thought their (and the other half) participation in the Lower League was for 1 season only ?? 

Once they get their (uncontested by the SPFL/SFA) way, then i suppose it was inevitable that they'd (plural) be dictating how the new leagues should be restructured to accommodate them and their ambitions to run Scottish football.  I am aware that Hearts are now in this league also, but merely following their big brother(s).

What a typical , self serving attitude from either side of the same arse that is the OF. 

Stuff the rest of Scottish football,the pyramid system as long as Rangers can spend a million on a B team to win a League they are allegedly guests for one more season ! 

Will that be another star on the Jerseys for a 10 year old team . 

43 minutes ago, Dalry llama said:

What a typical , self serving attitude from either side of the same arse that is the OF. 

Stuff the rest of Scottish football,the pyramid system as long as Rangers can spend a million on a B team to win a League they are allegedly guests for one more season ! 

Will that be another star on the Jerseys for a 10 year old team . 

Looking forward to seeing what Hearts bring to the league this year as well

4 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Too late for this season.

But yeah I think Rangers are in with a shout of winning it this season, however it will probably be close, 4 or 5 teams taking it into the last month of the season.

It will be interesting to see how good this Tranent team is and whether East Kilbride can get a good start this season. Celtic B will be strong, Spartans will be there or there abouts, maybe Cowdenbeath and we'll see if Bo'ness finally get up to be where they should be. Maybe someone unexpected might mount a challenge Berwick Rangers or Hearts B. All those B teams are still going to be locked in to the LL regardless where they finish.

Much as I would love for us to challenge, I can't really see it. I think we (Cowden) will be in the lower half of the league.

17 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Going by the boy in my office who follows Rangers everywhere people are going to buy these season tickets for the MyGers points and then not go.

Yeah the Mygers system has quite a few issues with it. I would hope that people would still attend.  Will have to see how it pans out in a few weeks

Edited by edinabear