Have you (would you?) managed your rivals?

Connor1874

Be honest, have you? I've had files with Celtic and Rangers on several edition of the game, just for when I'm in a mood to have an easy save. I probably loathe them more than Hibs, yet haven't done a Hibs save. I feel dirty saying this, but I still play FM20 and really want to go Hibs. :lol: They're pretty minted in it and got some cracking players. The kind of club I'd be all over if I wasn't a Hearts fan.

I have also took over at Dortmund on a save after a few seasons, but I'm not as embroiled in that rivalry so didn't really bother me. 

It's just a game after all so means little, but I still love seeing Hibs fail in it. Have you done it? Would you?

The very first goal I ever scored on Fifa ('98) was with Henrik Larsson for Celtic. Oddly though, I also dislike the OF more than Dundee United but would go as OF before I ever did United (have done none of the three on FM, to date) although it could be fun to try and destroy the club from the inside. Release all promising players and staff, sign players with massive future fees you can't afford etc.

Also one of the things I notice when I've been on United's website is the colour tangerine screaming at me. I couldn't last on a save having to look at that constantly. I don't know if I'm just adjusted to see their colour that way or if it is truly that garish. See also the team themes on here. I changed it to Aberdeen once for a laugh. It wasn't funny.

• 4 months later...

There isn't really anyone outside of the OF I dislike enough to not want to take over. Had a save once where I started with Livi, won the old First Division and after a title and a few top half finishes I moved to Everton and a few years later spotted Aberdeen at the bottom of the Premiership so took them on as a bit of a challenge; didn't notice Livi also down there and ended up relegating them to keep Aberdeen up. I don't think I played that save again and had to remind myself that it's just a game.

On 18/07/2022 at 15:35, RawB93 said:

although it could be fun to try and destroy the club from the inside. Release all promising players and staff, sign players with massive future fees you can't afford etc.

Only time I've ever taken charge of one of the OF it was for this; started a save with Rangers and wanted to see how long I could last in the job while dragging them down, played some weird formation that only had wide players, spent the entire budget on Iain Russell. Planned to win the odd game when I needed to but think I only lasted until Christmas.