How did I miss this thread

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Carlton Cole was in the press last week slating Scottish football based on his time playing in Scotland.

Carlton Cole played in Scotland? 

I missed him slating Scottish football but I certainly didn’t miss him being pretty horrendous for us. He was absolutely done pace wise and technically he was absolutely terrible. Genuinely he was on a par with your typical Hamilton hit n hoof player that would play a few games then never be seen again.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I missed him slating Scottish football but I certainly didn’t miss him being pretty horrendous for us. He was absolutely done pace wise and technically he was absolutely terrible. Genuinely he was on a par with your typical Hamilton hit n hoof player that would play a few games then never be seen again.

So, he played for celtic, then?

Interesting. 

4 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Andy Goram represented Scotland at cricket. Learned that the other week. 

Probably not a surprise it bypassed me, given that it's impossible for me to have any less interest in cricket than I currently do.

Hence the pub teaser "Which Hibs player scored four in the one match for Scotland yet still ended up on the losing side?"

He scored four runs against Ireland or somebody like that.

20 hours ago, gannonball said:

And that was before he came to Scottish Fitba.

Anyway where is the thread?

I missed the complete 2014 world cup in Brazil, never seen a game, and only ever watched the Germany v Brazil goals a few years later, nothing else. For me it never happened.

Edited by SlipperyP

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I missed the complete 2014 world cup in Brazil, never seen a game, and only ever watched the Germany v Brazil goals a few years later, nothing else. For me it never happened.

That game explains why Cowdenbeath fans used to refer to themselves as The Blue Brazil.

2 minutes ago, GordonD said:

That game explains why Cowdenbeath fans used to refer to themselves as The Blue Brazil.

Do the now call themselves that because the have a racist at the helm? 

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

I don't know about that; I don't follow non-league football

Nice, but they had the same last season.  I'll say no more, their supporters know where I stand. I see where they stand. And it getting deeper!

This picture appeared in the BBC article on Woolery leaving for Turkey.  It was taken last season at Ibrox.

I literally had no idea who the guy in the middle of the picture was until I looked up the team that day.

Woolery.JPG

On 15/07/2022 at 10:20, paranoid android said:

Carlton Cole was in the press last week slating Scottish football based on his time playing in Scotland.

Carlton Cole played in Scotland? 

Based on his grand total of 77 minutes he feels he’s in a position to criticise our league 

45A77D83-3A6B-41DF-8238-D9BAF6BC0F53.jpeg

I think plenty of folk will have missed Barca hall of famer and European Cup winner Guillermo Amor making 3 appearances for Livi in 2003. He's actually 10th in Barca's all time appearances too with 421 games. Two cup winners cup and two super cups as well as 5 La Ligas where he got 4 in a row. 

See the source image

14 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I think plenty of folk will have missed Barca hall of famer and European Cup winner Guillermo Amor making 3 appearances for Livi in 2003. He's actually 10th in Barca's all time appearances too with 421 games. Two cup winners cup and two super cups as well as 5 La Ligas where he got 4 in a row. 

See the source image

I can remember that as I had been playing champ man since 97-98 and it felt like the sort of signing you could only make on the game. I also remember the next manager (Brazilian guy- Maximo?) signing a tonne of random foreign players on deadline day.

Edited by gannonball