Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

Saturday, 13th August 2022

Premier Division
2.30pm

Blackburn United (12) v. Dundonald Bluebell (9)
Haddington Athletic (7) v. Crossgates (10)
Jeanfield Swifts (1) v. Broxburn (5)
Musselburgh Ath. ( 8 ) v. Tynecastle (15)
Oakley Utd (14) v. Linlithgow Rose (6)
Penicuik (2) v. Hill of Beath (11)
Sauchie (3) v. Lothian Thistle HV (13)
Vale of Leithen (16) v. Inverkeithing HS (4)

So possibly, Jeanfield Swifts (1st) v. Broxburn (5th) is the match of the day according to the extremely early league positions.

Vale of Leithen (16) v. Inverkeithing HS (4) could be interesting...

Full-times

Blackburn United 1-3 Dundonald Bluebell
Haddington Athletic 1-2 Crossgates
Jeanfield Swifts 2-0 Broxburn
Musselburgh Ath. 0-1 Tynecastle
Oakley Utd 1-5 Linlithgow Rose
Penicuik 2-1 Hill of Beath
Sauchie 6-1 Lothian Thistle HV
Vale of Leithen 2-3 Inverkeithing HS

6 hours ago, stulch said:

Vale of Leithen (16) v. Inverkeithing HS (4) could be interesting...

Been there, definitely was an interesting game. Inverkeithing slightly the better team but VoL played well.

24 minutes ago, kayemphoto said:

New Photo Gallery: Jeanfield Swifts 2-0 Broxburn Athletic

See all the match pics HERE

Jeanfield v Broxburn-21.jpg

Looks like there was a decent crowd there too!

I don't know much about Jeanfield Swifts. I've never been up there. Yet. Always good to see a healthy appreciation of this level of the game all over the country. 

Saturday, 20th August 2022

Premier Division

2.30pm unless stated

Dundonald Bluebell (6) v. Vale of Leithen (16)
(2pm) Inverkeithing HS (4) v. Haddington Athletic (9)
Oakley Utd (15) v. Broxburn ( 8 )
Sauchie (3) v. Linlithgow Rose (5)

So probably game of the day 3rd place Sauchie at home to 5th place Linlithgow Rose? But can Inverkeithing HS match the current top two and become the third side in the top division with a four out of four 100% record?

5 hours ago, stulch said:

Saturday, 20th August 2022

Premier Division

2.30pm unless stated

Dundonald Bluebell (6) v. Vale of Leithen (16)
(2pm) Inverkeithing HS (4) v. Haddington Athletic (9)
Oakley Utd (15) v. Broxburn ( 8 )
Sauchie (3) v. Linlithgow Rose (5)

So probably game of the day 3rd place Sauchie at home to 5th place Linlithgow Rose? But can Inverkeithing HS match the current top two and become the third side in the top division with a four out of four 100% record?

Sauchie are a very effective side. They will have a huge say in matters. Going to be a top 5 finish for them.

I love how they stay under the radar, but do the business. 
Think they will earn a point or more today. Should be a good game. 

Really enjoyable game today at Beechwood Park.

Linlithgow raced into a 3 goal lead, Sauchie pulled it back to 3-2 and as they pushed to equalise, a stray pass let Linlithgow break and score a 4th.

It finished 4-2 for Rose, both sides ending the game with 10 men.... both sides seemed to have plenty of complaints with the officials!

Linlithgow will be delighted with the win, not many sides will pick up 3 points there.

Sauchie will feel a bit aggrieved at the first goal they lost (definitely looked to be a foul in the build up) but will be more upset they waited until Linlithgow were almost out of sight before they really got going.

First time I have been to Beechwood since the grandstand and new standing enclosure were built. Really nice little ground they have there.

20220820_152347.jpg

15 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Sauchie are a very effective side. They will have a huge say in matters. Going to be a top 5 finish for them.

I love how they stay under the radar, but do the business. 
Think they will earn a point or more today. Should be a good game. 

Don't think I'll ask you for winning lottery numbers!

Going to watch the cross gates v Oakley game tomorrow evening, expecting an easy 3pts for cross gates.

seen Oakley a few times last year and surprised that they were the team to win the B division and think it was all down to the boy love who was immense. Don’t think they can replace him since he moved onto the blue Brazil and seen nothing else up-top for them. Would imagine they will be going straight back down with few points this year.

1 hour ago, DonaldN123 said:

Going to watch the cross gates v Oakley game tomorrow evening, expecting an easy 3pts for cross gates.

seen Oakley a few times last year and surprised that they were the team to win the B division and think it was all down to the boy love who was immense. Don’t think they can replace him since he moved onto the blue Brazil and seen nothing else up-top for them. Would imagine they will be going straight back down with few points this year.

They were well in the game on Saturday against Broxburn and probably should have drawn level when they missed a really good chance to equalise.  Would have been an interesting last 15-20 minutes if they had.  As it was Broxburn scored 3 in 7 minutes shortly afterwards to make it look more comfortable than it was.

On 20/08/2022 at 18:07, Jordi1977 said:

Really enjoyable game today at Beechwood Park.

Linlithgow raced into a 3 goal lead, Sauchie pulled it back to 3-2 and as they pushed to equalise, a stray pass let Linlithgow break and score a 4th.

It finished 4-2 for Rose, both sides ending the game with 10 men.... both sides seemed to have plenty of complaints with the officials!

Linlithgow will be delighted with the win, not many sides will pick up 3 points there.

Sauchie will feel a bit aggrieved at the first goal they lost (definitely looked to be a foul in the build up) but will be more upset they waited until Linlithgow were almost out of sight before they really got going.

First time I have been to Beechwood since the grandstand and new standing enclosure were built. Really nice little ground they have there.

20220820_152347.jpg

Where was the foul committed. Because it wasn't after the corner was taken that I can see.

On 20/08/2022 at 20:43, The Hologram said:

Don't think I'll ask you for winning lottery numbers!

Good decision. I’ve never ever played it. I know my place. But I’d still put money on Sauchie. By all reports - even LR saying they were unlucky. But it’s goals that count not luck.

Edited by Man from the East

On 22/08/2022 at 09:41, DonaldN123 said:

Are you related to Urban123?

On 22/08/2022 at 13:28, lithgierose said:

Where was the foul committed. Because it wasn't after the corner was taken that I can see.

There was no foul. There was a 50/50 challenge in midfield in the passage of play leading up to the corner, which Cokesy won cleanly. Easier to blame the ref than terrible defending.

Took in this evening's Fife derby at Humbug Park as Crossgates Primrose took on a struggling Oakley United. 

From 2-0 up, to 3-2 down, Crossgates eventually won 4-3 in a pretty end to end match.

While Crossgates were the better side and probably just about deserved the win, Oakley will be disappointed they couldn't hang on for at least a draw and remain pointless.

Shoutout to the Crossgates Ultras behind the goal. Without doubt the least annoying group of kids I've encountered at a game yet and there was enough of them singing in unison that they managed to create a bit of atmosphere!