Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

• 3 weeks later...

Thoroughly entertaining game tonight in front of a bumper Groundhopping crowd between Tynecastle and Sauchie. 

The entertainment may have been helped by two "interesting" refereeing decisions that saw both sides a man down fairly entry.

Tynecastle pushed hard to equalise near the end, but overall Sauchie were the better side and went home with a nice 3-2 victory. 

20230317_195309.jpg

20230317_195313.jpg

11 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

another big 3 points for HoB, with a clean sheet and goals from Allum and Payne as they try get away from the relegation spots

With those two up front I think they’ll have the firepower to be safe.

Allum a bit hot and cold but a good striker on his day and Payne I’d have never let go from the Rose. Great finisher.

Jeanfield probably now got exactly what you want after a defeat. Two must win games for them!

6 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

With those two up front I think they’ll have the firepower to be safe.

Allum a bit hot and cold but a good striker on his day and Payne I’d have never let go from the Rose. Great finisher.

Jeanfield probably now got exactly what you want after a defeat. Two must win games for them!

Thats it over for Jeanfield now, it probably was before.

Next weeks game in Perth will still be interesting but i think the champions elect will be the visitors.

5 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Thats it over for Jeanfield now, it probably was before.

Next weeks game in Perth will still be interesting but i think the champions elect will be the visitors.

Not a chance. We have to win 5 games from 8 to win it. We’d be absolutely daft to think the Sauchie or Jeanfield couldn’t still win it.

The fixtures have nearly everyone in the top half playing either each other or teams fighting to stay up. As HOB have shown now against both us and Jeanfield no one can be taken lightly in this league. A couple of draws this weekend and that would be nice.

On 23/03/2023 at 22:25, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Not a chance. We have to win 5 games from 8 to win it. We’d be absolutely daft to think the Sauchie or Jeanfield couldn’t still win it.

The fixtures have nearly everyone in the top half playing either each other or teams fighting to stay up. As HOB have shown now against both us and Jeanfield no one can be taken lightly in this league. A couple of draws this weekend and that would be nice.

Sauchie just four behind but have played two more games. They like us have some hard games to go.

1 hour ago, Marooneye said:

Sauchie just four behind but have played two more games. They like us have some hard games to go.

15th Apr- huge us at Musselburgh can't afford them to do the double over us and sauchie home to HoB, nobodies mugs on the last few weeks

Vale of Leithen are   RELEGATED  

End of March... and Linlithgow sitting pretty 4pts clear of Sauchie (who have played 2 games more and only have 6 games left) plus 10pts & 11pts respectively clear of Jeanfield & Musselburgh.

image.png.366cca834d678d3a69707b41c4318800.png

Nobody licensed is winning South.

Beith still 7pts clear of Darvel and latter now no games-in-hand. Auchinleck finally past halfway but now face 14 league games and 2 to 4 cup-ties in 7 weeks.

image.png.61c3dac582d3a484ee497e0f0cba46f3.png

image.png.4596bd162458644df4a0b597528254d0.png

image.png.8f3f7dd7ee6a6091de40fd50fd3d3014.png

23 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Vale of Leithen are   RELEGATED  

End of March... and Linlithgow sitting pretty 4pts clear of Sauchie (who have played 2 games more and only have 6 games left) plus 10pts & 11pts respectively clear of Jeanfield & Musselburgh.

image.png.366cca834d678d3a69707b41c4318800.png

Nobody licensed is winning South.

Beith still 7pts clear of Darvel and latter now no games-in-hand. Auchinleck finally past halfway but now face 14 league games and 2 to 4 cup-ties in 7 weeks.

image.png.61c3dac582d3a484ee497e0f0cba46f3.png

image.png.4596bd162458644df4a0b597528254d0.png

image.png.8f3f7dd7ee6a6091de40fd50fd3d3014.png

HbJb is without doubt my favourite contributor on P&B. Like @RyanMusselburgh of twitter, HbJb stats/knowledge at this level of football is OFS! Thank you sir👍

Looks like Sauchie will be best of the rest, and probably Crossgate(!) in 3rd on current form. When will Crossgates finishing top half of the Premier stop being a surprise!? They been brilliant. 

Next season with the 3 teams coming up and potentially Edinburgh Uni (no mugs, just having a really bad season) coming down, it's going to be a very competitive league next season 

14 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

What's the script with Charlie King quitting Tynecastle on 14th March (immediately replaced by assistant Robert Hart) and popping up at Scone Thistle a week later?

Think the reason was purely down to travel/time issues. Am sure Charlie stays in/near Perth and maybe could not commit any longer to travelling to Edinburgh three times a week. So, when the Scone position became available - much closer to home. 

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Think the reason was purely down to travel/time issues. Am sure Charlie stays in/near Perth and maybe could not commit any longer to travelling to Edinburgh three times a week. So, when the Scone position became available - much closer to home. 

aye I assumed there was a Perth connection somewhere - I know he was with St Johnstone when he was younger but didn't know if that was a maintained connection. He and his brother have Edinburgh links and his brother ex Mussey yeah?

33 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

aye I assumed there was a Perth connection somewhere - I know he was with St Johnstone when he was younger but didn't know if that was a maintained connection. He and his brother have Edinburgh links and his brother ex Mussey yeah?

Yip - Chris King was with Musselburgh and an exceptional free-kick taker. Coincidentally, Chris resigned as Manager from Newtongrange Star earlier on today.