Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

image.thumb.png.0e71dcc7cca107dc14b6f4ca8f68dd2e.png

Offft that looks a tight one for me, a few mates were at the game and said that Haddington should have taken all 3x points and that penicuik look a shell of a side they once were.
It's maybe not fair me saying that as i was not there and that's their opinions.

Edited by fanfromafar

38 minutes ago, fanfromafar said:

image.thumb.png.0e71dcc7cca107dc14b6f4ca8f68dd2e.png

Offft that looks a tight one for me, a few mates were at the game and said that Haddington should have taken all 3x points and that penicuik look a shell of a side they once were.
It's maybe not fair me saying that as i was not there and that's their opinions.

Both offsides very close. Perhaps bias but Penicuik’s looks onside to me, McGarry is in line with the box whereas Combe is outside. 

7C3BC7FF-AABB-4A38-A9C8-42BFA8DC54D3.thumb.jpeg.9aa3eaa74d857b8f4660cb1a09fe212e.jpeg

Likewise the Haddington one, I think it’s more difficult to tell if Tait is inline with Forbes or ahead of him from the angle.

08B727EF-35B8-42DA-84CA-C7C068BC41E3.thumb.jpeg.e3aa70d3dcdec4fe34c73f8f4950870f.jpeg

Would also argue that disallowing Penicuik’s had a bigger impact on the 90 minutes as a whole than disallowing Haddington’s.

Haddington v  Penicuik offside: All the images we see above are from the half way line.  The lino is looking along the line - I'd go with his judgement.

McLeish giving the ref and his assistants pelters - not for the first time this season.  Yet, when you watch the game highlights it's hard to see why he's so miffed?

I actually thought the decisions were as expected.

10 hours ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

image.png.27d0ffe2618e190a2cdd8b28517d6168.png

Don't think it's bad to say that Oakley and VoL will be relegated, but who joins them in the First Division next season?

I wouldn't be disappointed not going to IHS next season. They're on a poor run of form.

32 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

HOB should have enough goals in them to stay up. 

I think it’ll be between LTHV and Inverkeithing. Spence and Scullion walking out on them halfway through the season has had a big effect on them as it would on any team losing their two lost influential players.

Spence and Scullion left them in the mire for sure but still feel they can take points from teams around them, HoB will just need to hope they games in hand can be transformed into points on the board

Declaring a Blackburn bias here. Having seen all the teams involved there are no mugs.
Blackburn have been competitive and bar two spankings would have a positive goal difference
HoB do have games in hand but their season just isn't sparking into life.
IHS picked up 12 points in their first 4 games. Without that they would be in deep trouble and as others have said minus their talisman up front and in defence. Having said that all their results look competitve barring a 4-0 v Jeanfield Swifts.
I thought LTHV would drop back but have picked up 7 out of 9 in 2023, Tynecastle also have 7 out of last 9 points.
All in all too hard to call! It's a competitve league.
Also there might well be 4 teams down .... that might drag one or two other teams into the mix if they don't keep picking up points.

On 08/02/2023 at 21:12, Passthebaw said:

I wouldn't be disappointed not going to IHS next season. They're on a poor run of form.

(H) Crossgates 1-0 W

(A) Haddington 1-1 D

(H) Lithgy 0-1 L

(A) Jeanfield 2-0 L

(A) Crossgates 0-1 W

7 points from 15 and 3 of those games against top 3 at the time of playing. 

Hardly a run of bad form. Credit to all those around us picking up similar points. I'd suggest since Scullion and Spence left our form has more than picked up.... (hadnt won since end of Aug)... 

Edited by Swifty