Premier Elect: EOSL Premier Division 2022-23

On 23/12/2022 at 10:34, TheLad said:

Who would be everyone's bet to go down with VoL and Oakley? Fancy LTHV to stay up. 

I'm going Tynecastle

My money would be on Lothian.
Up until now, They have been too inconsistent with results to survive, I think a few clubs (and managers) have sighed relief that Vale and Oakley are in that league this season.

Year draws to a close so an apposite time to look at the position across southerly tier 6. As it stands Linlithgow and Darvel would be facing-off in a 2-leg playoff for promotion (as nobody in South contention is licensed to play in a round-robin).

Linlithgow well clear of pursuers - though not insurmountably so... Race more compressed out West, plus longer to go.

image.thumb.png.560d4e227f71b31d4d3e2a2ca0cd1422.png

image.png.886ae504afaecd4a5110b751aaec9e1d.png

image.thumb.png.243f071280686c265d71929b057fc721.png

7 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

can anyone enlighten me as to why LTHV game result was reversed for an ineligible player but the other two are not?

different type of ineligibility?

227B347D-B3C5-4E58-B8D1-8FCE3DF5719E.png

LTHV game, like others in First and Second divisions the offending side hadn't lost, got awarded 1-0 to opponent.

Note's redundant.

Got myself alone to the LTHV v Jeanfield Swifts match tonight. A very entertaining 1-0 win for Lothian. 

First time I've seen Swifts this season. I expected a little more from them given where they are in the table. Knocked the ball around really well, but just lacked up fron where it mattered.

In the end, LTHV took one of their chances and saw out the game nicely. Jeanfield didn't take any.

Good finish for the goal. Couple of cracking saves from both keepers and a couple of glaring misses at both ends of the pitch.

New stand at Ainslie is also complete and looks interestingly placed... with a floodlight going right through it and blocking the view I'd think considerably... and also the positioning of the home dugout may seem to be a bit in the way of things too. And the front two rows look very low down for any sort of viewing... not sure Spartans fully thought this one through.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Welly boy said:

Been told a Jeanfield swifts player has been caught in possession of cocaine and hash. If true not a great look for a community club.

The player is a member of our amateur team.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

Its in the papers and its certainly the Amateurs 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/10153782/footballer-cocaine-before-scoring/

Its happened before (along time ago) and i'm sure it happens to a lot of amateur teams.

F**k me! Not like them to sensationalise absolutely f all 🙄

Deserves a ban for sharing that pish though