First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

Camelon 3 - Dunipace 3

I believe the technical term is #SCENES

Grown men acting like stupid wee children - amusing though 

Do you know if there's a covenant on Fergie Park to prevent building on it? 

I just mention this because the mess you're currently in and the expansion of Rosewell there is the danger that some flash w****r comes in with great plans for the club and, hey presto, before you know it you're playing at Lasswade Academy and there's a new housing estate off Carnethie Street...

Spoiler

THINKS: must get a consortium together .. ;)

5 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Do you know if there's a covenant on Fergie Park to prevent building on it? 

I just mention this because the mess you're currently in and the expansion of Rosewell there is the danger that some flash w****r comes in with great plans for the club and, hey presto, before you know it you're playing at Lasswade Academy and there's a new housing estate off Carnethie Street...

Reveal hidden contents

THINKS: must get a consortium together .. ;)

Sir Peter (or maybe Derek or Andrew) used to say that there was some agreement (with the cooncil?)  that if the club folded, the ground had to be used for recreational purposes. I have to say I’m sceptical that any such agreement could exist as the club owns the park iirc and can do what it likes.

2 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Sir Peter (or maybe Derek or Andrew) used to say that there was some agreement (with the cooncil?)  that if the club folded, the ground had to be used for recreational purposes. I have to say I’m sceptical that any such agreement could exist as the club owns the park iirc and can do what it likes.

I wondered because Shire fans will tell you about Alan Mackin getting his hands on Firs Park but Falkirk Council preventing it being used for anything but leisure use which is why there's currently a privately owned "nature reserve" at one end of Firs Street 

This league is wild as shown above.

Was at Dunipace v Luncarty last night and it was cracking fare. Finished 2-2 but could really have been 5-5.

Luncarty looked a proper mob first half and should have been out of sight. Two excellent wing backs who were causing all sorts of bother. Second half Dunipace really got to grips of those two players in particular and were the better side and missed a few sitters at the end to win it.

Davie Grant still an absolute player could easily be playing Lowland League if he could be bothered.

On 01/10/2022 at 18:12, #DUFC said:

After a couple of indifferent results, that was a great result for Dunbar today.

Grinding out the last 20-25 mins with 10 men shows the fight this team are capable of.

Onwards and upwards hopefully.

We lack in one specific area.  It is glaringly obvious where we need improved otherwise yes a good defensive display which was needed due to awful finishing.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Camelon Juniors 1-0 Whitehill Welfare
Coldstream 2-3 Burntisland Shipyard
Dunbar United 2-1 Lochore Welfare
Glenrothes 1-1 Newtongrange Star
Kennoway Star Hearts 1-2 Rosyth
Kirkcaldy & Dysart 4-0 Kinnoull
Luncarty 2-4 Leith Athletic
Preston Athletic 0-5 Dunipace

image.png.bd018b670cca4b53bf2fb40f150ec69f.png

I'm pretty sure that this table will change many times over the course of the next 21 league match days. 

It's become a very interesting league. Two groups have clearly formed. The top one currently being headed by Dunbar including all clubs down to Kinnoull. The second group headed by Coldstream and includes all teams to Whitehill. It seems that Kennoway have drifted lose from the bottom section. 

I think Camelon will gather enough points to scramble out of the danger zone, based on the simple fact that they are much better than their league position indicates, also they should also benefit from the recent managerial bounce.

The three up/three down scenario is going to produce a fair bit of pressure on everyone involved. It would take either a confident or a silly person to forecast how this league is going to finish. I'll wait until around matchday 30 before getting into that debate. 

Interestingly the data for second top and second bottom is almost identical but in mirror image - 

P    W   D    L    F    A    GD    PTS

2 Newtongrange Star                                            9     6    1    2    27  10    17      19

15 Whitehill Welfare                                                9     2    1    6    10  22  -12       7

Strangely, Rosyth in eleventh place have scored as many goals as Dunbar have at the top!! Dunbar being the lowest scorers in the top eight teams.

6 hours ago, platform 19 said:

It seems that Kennoway have drifted lose from the bottom section. 

Kennoway had a great start to last season and probably outperformed themselves to end up in this league. I don't know how much of that squad they kept but it was always going to be tough for them. 

33 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Kirkcaldy & Dysart have quietly edged their way into 3rd place. They could be sitting top IF they get 3 points against Coldstream this week. Well done guys. 

Yet couldn't beat a WW side who have been really struggling.

The locals couldn't believe how noisy we were that day. I said it's not often we win nowadays :lol:

Was yesterday's fixture the one they were whinging about just a couple weeks ago? 

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Yet couldn't beat a WW side who have been really struggling.

The locals couldn't believe how noisy we were that day. I said it's not often we win nowadays :lol:

Was yesterday's fixture the one they were whinging about just a couple weeks ago? 

I honestly believe there’s nothing between most of the clubs in this division. 
All are capable of taking points from anyone. Three weeks ago it looked like Luncarty were heading out of sight, then a couple of hiccups in their path. 
Clearly nothing is going to be decided until the final weeks.

This Division cannot be compared to last seasons Conference. It’s apples and oranges.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

image.png.e5fd0672a5fa0b1a34cc3ab6e6432e19.png

giphy.gif

Yes it is, and a bit more competitive and meaningful than last years conference setup.

I suppose that the conference step had to be gone through to establish the pecking order. Its certainly seen a lot of close encounters and unexpected results. Theres certainly a good few clubs who could easily hold their own against the majority of the Premier teams.