First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

Burntisland Shipyard are    RELEGATED  
Coldstream are    RELEGATED  

Kinnoull's hopes were dashed at the death as Dunbar came from behind to land the title... Glenrothes had collapsed and Luncarty were always decidedly long odds. Congratulations to Seasiders.

Burntisland's recent form deserted them as they capitulated home to Rosyth. That left a shootout in Berwickshire: where in astonishing circumstances and despite 10-man Coldstream leading 3-0 early-doors Lochore struck 4 times to survive.

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Kinnoull's hopes were dashed at the death as Dunbar came from behind to land the title... Glenrothes had collapsed and Luncarty were always decidedly long odds. Congratulations to Seasiders.

Burntisland's recent form deserted them as they capitulated home to Rosyth. That left a shootout in Berwickshire: where in astonishing circumstances and despite 10-man Coldstream leading 3-0 early-doors Lochore struck 4 times to survive.

39 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Burntisland were a shipwreck in the first half. Rosyth looked decent!

Congrats to the boys from Kelty beach for surviving!

58 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sympathy for the relegated teams, but at least it will save the EOS the headache of making sure Whitburn travel to Coldstream on a winter midweek.

Took in the Burntisland v Rosyth match today. Nice set up, bit of a slope across the pitch, surface looked nice but was hard underfoot. Rosyth were dominant in the first half, getting 3 goals in the first 20 minute period. Third goal was a result of a great passing move through the centre of the Burntisland defence. Burntisland heads went down and  they never looked like they would challenge Rosyth and had to settle for a late consolation goal. Good finish to the season for Rosyth, they’ll be looking to be challenging next season I think. Only bad point was hearing the Burntisland manager call someone watching a faggot. Very surprised to hear this type of language still being used , especially as it was shouted and overheard by everyone near the dugouts but not the officials it seems. 

32 minutes ago, DD11 said:

Took in the Burntisland v Rosyth match today. Nice set up, bit of a slope across the pitch, surface looked nice but was hard underfoot. Rosyth were dominant in the first half, getting 3 goals in the first 20 minute period. Third goal was a result of a great passing move through the centre of the Burntisland defence. Burntisland heads went down and  they never looked like they would challenge Rosyth and had to settle for a late consolation goal. Good finish to the season for Rosyth, they’ll be looking to be challenging next season I think. Only bad point was hearing the Burntisland manager call someone watching a faggot. Very surprised to hear this type of language still being used , especially as it was shouted and overheard by everyone near the dugouts but not the officials it seems. 

It's quite common. One of their players called one of our boys that when we were their but ref never heard it.

St Andrews also had a player sent off against us for the same thing.

On 26/05/2023 at 15:54, #DUFC said:

I am glad you aren't doing the team talk tomorrow, that's for sure!

All the best to Dunbar tomorrow. Play the way you have for the majority of the season and you will be hard to beat.

Been a great season, and a league which has surpassed my expectations. Very competitive to the last game.

One last push!

The last paragraph of this post is not aimed at you #DUFC, but rather to the person you responded to in the above post.

Although the quote mentions players and managers, it could easily refer to fans as well. For most of the season, Dunbar Utd were top of the 1st division and in my opinion, we’re always going to get promoted at first attempt, which would have been their objective at start of season. Today, Dunbar won their last match and ultimately the league (which is a bonus).

I know fans can complain/moan about their team whenever they choose. I’ve done it myself. However, when your own team are top of the league, for so long, some of the negativity towards Dunbar this season has been laughable!  

THE MESSAGE BELOW, belongs to someone directly involved with Dunbar. Same message, (celebrate’) , could equally apply to ‘negativity. 

“Never understand why players and managers post on SM after a win to almost get it up people after 1 win, then go out and get beat your just setting yourself up for a fall. Keep your powder dry and if you achieve something celebrate it end of season not game to game” 

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

The last paragraph of this post is not aimed at you #DUFC, but rather to the person you responded to in the above post.

Although the quote mentions players and managers, it could easily refer to fans as well. For most of the season, Dunbar Utd were top of the 1st division and in my opinion, we’re always going to get promoted at first attempt, which would have been their objective at start of season. Today, Dunbar won their last match and ultimately the league (which is a bonus).

I know fans can complain/moan about their team whenever they choose. I’ve done it myself. However, when your own team are top of the league, for so long, some of the negativity towards Dunbar this season has been laughable!  

THE MESSAGE BELOW, belongs to someone directly involved with Dunbar. Same message, (celebrate’) , could equally apply to ‘negativity. 

“Never understand why players and managers post on SM after a win to almost get it up people after 1 win, then go out and get beat your just setting yourself up for a fall. Keep your powder dry and if you achieve something celebrate it end of season not game to game” 

Congratulations Dunbar most probably worthy league champions but you are correct were always in a position to get promoted with the budget they had. 

Can only build on this and with crowds very much on the up can be a force back in the Premier next season. 

All the best. 👏