First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

4 hours ago, Anychance said:

I don't know why you've got the hump so much about Glenrothes beating Dunbar. it should of been 3-0 if we go by your sense of the game having 10 minutes less but unfortunately the game is 90mins long and the score was 3-2 

to try and blame the pitch is a rotten excuse good teams and players adjust to the conditions and warout is definitely not the worst pitch I've played on 

don't even know how to respond to the linesman excuse. seem to have done alright every other time weve had linesman. So if they are lucky enough to get promoted don't think they will blame any defeats on linesmen 

anyway after speaking to smally after the game and agreeing that first half was an even affair the glens were the better team second half and thoroughly deserved their win 

Kirkcaldy are still better than Glenrothes 

Not got any hump 🤷

Yep agree K&D look more dangerous than Glens

49 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

image.png.2571428597ab583b5bc471d65ca3bf82.png

image.png.284d18699b2badb3743ed42a9e11c8e0.png

image.png.3e030e980e934f1f50b64b685cd35f85.png

Super though not unexpected result, the way WW have been playing recently.

Just a pity the fixture made you choose between club v country playing at the same time.

Do clubs in all the leagues from the SPFL down get a say on fixture clashes on international dates? 

Edited by newcastle broon

38 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

At 1-1 and with Pace having hit the post I thought there was only going to be one winner - and 20 minutes later it was 3-1 to the other team :(

Pace started better but WW went ahead with what I think was there first real effort on target, ball through the defence found someone unmarked and he pulled it back for an easy finish. Pace levelled up with Wilson scoring from about 6 yards out. As mentioned Pace hit the post and looked the more threatening but it was WW who went ahead when Devers had far too much time on the edge of the box to rattle it into the bottom corner.

It went from bad to worse when WW scored a third just on HT with a free kick from the left side of the box fired across goal and saved by the keeper but it was a WW player who was first to react and they knocked it in.

Then about 90 seconds into the second half one of the WW defenders found the ball played through to him about 15 yards out and he lashed it into the net - top top finish from the boy.

Second half was awful from Dunipace and despite hitting the post again and having an effort that seemed to bobble along the line and hit a couple of players they were just a bit too lethargic upfront and at the back to really test WW. Deserved win for the visitors.

Edited by drs

46 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Just a pity the fixture made you choose between club v country playing at the same time.

Do clubs in all the leagues from the SPFL down get a say on fixture clashes on international dates? 

I think it's pretty much standard that the two clubs can agree to a switch.

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

Only games wanting to shift were Musselburgh v Haddington and Inverkeithing v Broxburn.

Similar disinterest elsewhere just 6 moved in SPFL, 1 in LL, 1 in HL, 4 in West, 1 in South.

Surprised me: but first Saturday afternoon home international during season since 2012, plus not many people have Viaplay compared to Sky, tbf.

4 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

All clubs were told they could move their games to the Friday night, Sunday or even midweek.

I was gutted as I have a season ticket for Scotland but St Andrews it was. Still I’ll be at Hampden for a scary game on Tuesday night.

Think that there is more interest in the First Division promotion/relegation than there is in the Premier. Pity more fans dont turn out to watch the games. Still lots to happen, points to be gained & dropped. All I'd say is expect the unexpected.. The interest level will increse every week for the next three or four Saturdays. Theres very many banana skins just waiting,

Edited by platform 19

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

WW 0 Dunipace 2.

Comfortable and deserved win for Dunipace tonight as they get revenge for Saturday s defeat. 

Keeper will be disappointed with the first one - from the enclosure it looked like he was easily going to save it but somehow he seemed to totally miss the ball. Second was a corker of a run and finish. Which luckily for the Pace came after they'd just had the miss of the season - the lad will be having nightmares about that one tonight.

Whitehill only really came into the game the last 15 minutes or so but aside from one save and miss from the rebound they didn't put the defence under enough pressure. Night and Day from Saturday as Pace were very comfortable winners in the end.

Edited by drs

8 hours ago, drs said:

Keeper will be disappointed with the first one - from the enclosure it looked like he was easily going to save it but somehow he seemed to totally miss the ball. Second was a corker of a run and finish. Which luckily for the Pace came after they'd just had the miss of the season - the lad will be having nightmares about that one tonight.

Whitehill only really came into the game the last 15 minutes or so but aside from one save and miss from the rebound they didn't put the defence under enough pressure. Night and Day from Saturday as Pace were very comfortable winners in the end.

Agreed.

Gk went down in stages for yer 1st goal and should've done much better. 

The 2nd I thought was an unchallenged run which led to a decent finish on the stroke of half time with the WW players blaming each other. 

Result never in doubt after that. 

After a decent few weeks back to the drawing board for WW after that performance though there's hopefully one or two to come in from the treatment table for Saturdays visit doon the Pans. 

First Whitehill Welfare game today since September and what a game it was!

An absolutely rip roaring 3 all draw after going down to ten men after 2 minutes. Some cracking goals, dubious refereeing, a healthy crowd and a last gasp equaliser made for a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon! Might even have lost the run of myself when the last goal went in🤣

Edited by ARFC Exile

2 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

An absolutely rip roaring 3 all draw after going down to ten men after 2 minutes. Some cracking goals, dubious refereeing, a healthy crowd and a last gasp equaliser made for a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon! Might even have lost the run of myself when the last goal went in🤣

Did you get a pint in the Goth- good beer in there! 

17 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Dubious refereeing?

Got to agree but  its difficult when they're on their own. Shows a massive difference with no assistants. 

Preston 3rd a mile offside would've been flagged straight away. 

For 10 men for over 85 at least odd minutes shows how far the lad Jack and his team have come on. Scenes from everyone connected to WW at the final whistle. 

A thoroughly deserved point. 

I'm biased but if only the season started later........... :lol:

Edited by newcastle broon

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Dubious refereeing?

Got to agree but  its difficult when they're on their own. Shows a massive difference with no assistants. 

Preston 2nd a mile offside would've been flagged straight away. 

For 10 men for over 85 at least odd minutes shows how far the lad Jack and his team have come on. Scenes from everyone connected to WW at the final whistle. 

A thoroughly deserved point. 

I'm biased but if only the season started later........... :lol:

I agree it's difficult, but he really didn't help himself.  Throughout the game he was hesitant and unsure which led to both sets of players questioning every descision, making him even worse. He just wasn't strong enough to control the game.

The red card really was harsh and under double jeopardy rules should never have been shown. Jacob slipped on his arse and tripped the guy. He hasn't  committed a professional foul or tried to deliberately impede the Preston player, he has literally lost his footing on a wet pitch.  Yes it's a 'foul' and a penalty but shouldn't have been a sending off.

The 3rd Preston goal was absolutely miles offside. Even a ref on his own should have seen that one.

The celebrations at the end were brilliant to see. Seems to be alot more togetherness round the squad/club than there has been for a few years.