First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

4 hours ago, Spyro said:

If I had to choose, it would be Leith and Rosyth or Coldstream to go down. Burntisland will be ok, bad form and a points deduction makes it look worse than it is. Lochore’s home results are crucial for them.

Glenrothes, Dunbar and Luncarty at the top BUT one of them is going to implode, don’t know which one (Dunbar 🫢) and Kinnoull will pull a shocker

Dunbar form slightly worrying but I’m more than confident that we will get over the line. Hopefully as champions but it’s certainly going to be an eventful end of the season.

1 hour ago, Anychance said:

there will be a great run in as everyone has to play each other still. this will go down till the last game of the season I think 

total points teams can get 

Glens -76

Dunbar - 74

Luncarty - 71

Kinnoull - 70

Newtongrange 64

Still think the amount of games with quite a few midweek may catch up with luncarty and kinnoull

59 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Still think the amount of games with quite a few midweek may catch up with luncarty and kinnoull

I hope you're right,in the nicest possible way ,cos we will need help the way we are playing 

5 hours ago, Anychance said:

there will be a great run in as everyone has to play each other still. this will go down till the last game of the season I think 

total points teams can get 

Glens -76

Dunbar - 74

Luncarty - 71

Kinnoull - 70

Newtongrange 64

That’s the level of competition that the fans want. Don’t know about the managers and committees thou, that’s a different kettle o’ fish

On 19/03/2023 at 22:28, imho said:

Slightly worrying,are you kidding. Discipline is also costing us.

Yes, slightly worrying. Unlike you, I am not doom and gloom about the club.

I prefer to look at the bigger picture. Still in a great position. 

12 hours ago, searchers1963 said:

Luncarty are playing lochore on 5th April 615pm kick off. Kinnoull away following midweek 630pm kick off these can play.havoc with teams

what a week for kinnoull - sat away to newtongrange  wed home to luncarty  sat away to dunbar 

and the week before that they have glenrothes 

24 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

I think the big one is the 6th. May at NCP.

DUFC Vs Glenrothes

Been looking forward to this match since Guy Fawkes day (Glenrothes 3:2 DUFC)

The big game for Dunbar is our next game v Kirkcaldy . The game in May could be irrelevant if we dont start winning again. 

52 minutes ago, Anychance said:

your right tough game this Saturday with Kirkcaldy and there better than Glenrothes 

Na Glenrothes are better than Kirkcaldy. I've seen Kirkcaldy 3 times this season where it couldn't have been 3 off days.

Only saw Glenrothes once but was impressed.

Luncarty hammered us 1st game but a lot of water has passed under the Rosewell bridge since then.

Kinnoull stitched me up a few weeks back so can't comment on them lol.

Nitten by the sounds of things have budgeted to get back up and look in turmoil at minute which leaves Dunbar who have the points in the bag to see them comfortably promoted though are making things difficult for themselves if they want to win the division outright. 

Midweek trips to/from Perthshire and Fife to/from the Lothians could take its toll on player availability so definately better having the points on board. 

Edited by newcastle broon

12 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Na Glenrothes are better than Kirkcaldy. I've seen Kirkcaldy 3 times this season where it couldn't have been 3 off days.

Only saw Glenrothes once but was impressed.

Luncarty hammered us 1st game but a lot of water has passed under the Rosewell bridge since then.

Kinnoull stitched me up a few weeks back so can't comment on them lol.

Nitten by the sounds of things have budgeted to get back up and look in turmoil at minute which leaves Dunbar who have the points in the bag to see them comfortably promoted though are making things difficult for themselves if they want to win the division outright. 

Midweek trips to/from Perthshire and Fife to/from the Lothians could take its toll on player availability so definately better having the points on board. 

Agreed

1 hour ago, imho said:

How did Glenrothes not deserve to beat us. 

Very simple, we beat ourselves. A couple of defensive errors due to the mud.  Also a team that play to the strengths of a very fast, skilful and experienced player who seeks advantage from the lack of linesman at this level. Yes they can score and be effective at their current level, but may find it not so easy to get away with when there’s proper assistant refs who should know what to be aware of.
The referee was also playing to the home crowd/officials very much,  understandable.

Playing surface wise, don’t think the field is going to win many prizes when it’s wet. 

Don’t think it would have been a loss if the game had another 10 minutes. 

16 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Very simple, we beat ourselves. A couple of defensive errors due to the mud.  Also a team that play to the strengths of a very fast, skilful and experienced player who seeks advantage from the lack of linesman at this level. Yes they can score and be effective at their current level, but may find it not so easy to get away with when there’s proper assistant refs who should know what to be aware of.
The referee was also playing to the home crowd/officials very much,  understandable.

Playing surface wise, don’t think the field is going to win many prizes when it’s wet. 

Don’t think it would have been a loss if the game had another 10 minutes. 

I don't know why you've got the hump so much about Glenrothes beating Dunbar. it should of been 3-0 if we go by your sense of the game having 10 minutes less but unfortunately the game is 90mins long and the score was 3-2 

to try and blame the pitch is a rotten excuse good teams and players adjust to the conditions and warout is definitely not the worst pitch I've played on 

don't even know how to respond to the linesman excuse. seem to have done alright every other time weve had linesman. So if they are lucky enough to get promoted don't think they will blame any defeats on linesmen 

anyway after speaking to smally after the game and agreeing that first half was an even affair the glens were the better team second half and thoroughly deserved their win 

Kirkcaldy are still better than Glenrothes