First Among Equals: EOSL First Division 2022-23

This is going to be a real tasty second half of the season with things so tight at the top and at the bottom.

Anyone want to cast predictions? i'll go out on a limb here and say that as it stands at the top, that for me is how it will finish, with NITTEN, DUNBAR & GLENROTHES all gaining promotion.  At the bottom i think WHITEHILL, KENNOWAY (and it pains me to say) COLDSTREAM are for the drop. 

29 minutes ago, fanfromafar said:

This is going to be a real tasty second half of the season with things so tight at the top and at the bottom.

Anyone want to cast predictions? i'll go out on a limb here and say that as it stands at the top, that for me is how it will finish, with NITTEN, DUNBAR & GLENROTHES all gaining promotion.  At the bottom i think WHITEHILL, KENNOWAY (and it pains me to say) COLDSTREAM are for the drop. 

Would Nitten Dunbar and Glenrothes no be pre season favourites anyway? 

Has/is anything happening to Shipyard for failing to field a team in a match? 

Obviously the match has been played since but is it all just brushed under the carpet? 

Tight at the bottom anyone from Leith down could go. 

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Any other teams idle this weekend? Maybes could've rearranged a few fixtures. 

Luncarty Alex Jack Final
Camelon Juniors EoS Q
Coldstream EoS Q
Dunbar United EoS Q
Glenrothes EoS Q
Lochore Welfare EoS Q
Kennoway Star Hearts King
Leith Athletic King
Burntisland Shipyard League
Kinnoull League
Dunipace Scottish
Kirkcaldy & Dysart  
Newtongrange Star  
Preston Athletic  
Rosyth  
Whitehill Welfare  

Couple of options were left after the cup commitments. Since Kinnoull v. Burntisland got added as a league fixture. I'd imagine those left behind weren't able to arrange something or didn't want a fixture.

On 15/11/2022 at 16:44, newcastle broon said:

Would Nitten Dunbar and Glenrothes no be pre season favourites anyway? 

Has/is anything happening to Shipyard for failing to field a team in a match? 

Obviously the match has been played since but is it all just brushed under the carpet? 

Tight at the bottom anyone from Leith down could go. 

Did anyone think that this league was going to be as competitive as it’s turned out? It’s miles removed from the previous Conf ‘A’ and ‘B’ setups.

I reckon that last seasons promoted clubs would find this seasons competition a much tougher call. 

Theres still some twists and turns to come. 

Hmmm Nitten and Dunbar as preseason  favourites? Leith were very well quoted as were one or two north of the Forth. But aye, you are probably not too far off the mark.

Edited by Man from the East
O

3 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Did anyone think that this league was going to be as competitive as it’s turned out? It’s miles removed from the previous Conf ‘A’ and ‘B’ setups.

I reckon that last seasons promoted clubs would find this seasons competition a much tougher call. 

Theres still some twists and turns to come. 

Hmmm Nitten and Dunbar as preseason  favourites? Leith were very well quoted as were one or two north of the Forth. But aye, you are probably not too far off the mark.

Absolutely,  Nitten and Dunbar would have been thought of as favourites . Why wouldn't they..

7 hours ago, imho said:

Absolutely,  Nitten and Dunbar would have been thought of as favourites . Why wouldn't they..

The rankings data won’t be too far away. The current standings put the order as;

Newtongrange, Luncarty, Dunbar, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Camelon, Kinnoull, Preston, Leith. 
Some my find Camelon a surprise in that bunch. But the new manager may improve things. They do have 2 or 3 high value players who could easily step up a level or two. 

There’s a long way to go.

4 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

The rankings data won’t be too far away. The current standings put the order as;

Newtongrange, Luncarty, Dunbar, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Camelon, Kinnoull, Preston, Leith. 
Some my find Camelon a surprise in that bunch. But the new manager may improve things. They do have 2 or 3 high value players who could easily step up a level or two. 

There’s a long way to go.

I'm still confident WW will comfortably avoid relegation and finish mid table ready to push on next season.

Best wishes to manager Jack Lynch for a speedy recovery from a recent heart attack. 

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm still confident WW will comfortably avoid relegation and finish mid table ready to push on next season.

Best wishes to manager Jack Lynch for a speedy recovery from a recent heart attack. 

Didn’t realise he’d suffered. Hope it’s not football related and he gets well soon.

I’m sure WW will take points from lots of teams. Personally I think you are right. WW will stabilise and consolidate themselves into a safe position.

Wonder how many points it’ll take for a mid table position?

18 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

A few weeks back I was asking the same question for points to escape relegation. A tight league anyone from Leith down could go. 

Just had quick look at the fixtures. You’ve got a very tough December coming up. 
Preston/Dunipace/Glenrothes & Nitten. That’s a very tough set of matches. At least you’re playing Glenrothes on your own surface - that’s a big factor. 
 That set of fixtures above is what we’ve been saying for ages. This league is something else.